• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Meowfia

asdfghjklaljd and I tried so hard to specifically not tip myself off as the cop too!! You darn meddling kids and your galaxy-level brain shenanigans!

This was probably the most fun I've had in a mafia game in a loooong time, and it was so much fun watching everything go down! Absolute props to the mafia team for bamboozling us all, truly a well deserved win!

Though, really wish I went more whole hog on hounding RNP day 1 instead of backing off in fear I was painting too much of a target on my back for the night kill (which lmaoo still happened anyway), especially after reading other games he was in after the day phase was over and realizing "oh shit wait he's acting different than in games where he's town, he could be scum oh my god ohhhh my god", but eh, cest la vie! Something to keep in mind for future games, ha ha!

Special shout-out to DarkAura who was legitimately super awesome and impressed me a lot!

ahhhh thank you!! I tried super hard to like, actually be a good player this time, and I'm really happy with how I played the game! Though you were a large part in kickstarting all the discussion and debates in this game, so I gotta thank you for that as well, Eifie!!

And all y'all?? Were such a wonderful team to play this game with??? I'm being super sappy rn but this game reminded how much I love mafia, thanks to all of you for making this game the best it could be!!!!

tho smh we dropped the cat puns so quick, how unfurtunate

I also have to ask: as nerve-wracking as it was for town trying not to kill itself on a D2 mislynch (which... is what we ultimately did rip), what was it like, having me hounding a correct mafia member for 3/4 of the game and then figuring the entire thing out on the last bend?

Like, I'm not even asking to flex, I just feel like that'd be terrifying if it was coming from a better player.

I think I'd made a pretty persuasive case that you were mafia, honestly, and Eifie was still firmly townreading me, so I wasn't too worried by the time you started making a case on me. There were also pretty genuine reasons for the things you ended up pointing to: I really was absent for RL reasons for the whole chunk of D1 where RNP came under serious scrutiny, and Eifie's scumteam analysis and me noticing the you/ILS synergy really was the reason I hadn't ended up spending more time playing up suspicion of RNP on D2. I knew when I started pushing you/ILS that obviously you weren't going to buy my reasoning, would be voting against me and probably giving me more scrutiny; I just needed Eifie and Flora to find my case for you/ILS more convincing.

The most nerve-wracking moment of the game was seeing ILS's claim and having to quickly decide whether to counterclaim (inviting Eifie to go back and scrutinize my play again extra-hard, which had the potential to lose her townread on me, which'd almost definitely mean we'd lose) or play it safe, immediately bus RNP and try to coast through the rest on my town cred. For a bit after I counterclaimed I was super nervous that you/Eifie would call me out on taking like half an hour to counterclaim when I was posting minutes before the deadline and surely I'd have refreshed around the deadline and seen the claim (which I did, but then I was waffling over it with RNP for a bit), but that didn't happen, so once I saw I was safe on that part I felt pretty good about the rest.

Wow ninja'd by everyone

Definitely seconding that this was a really awesome game to play with you all! Mafia is a lot more fun with people you know (having recently played some games with strangers), and I had a blast here. I hope we can keep up the mafia tradition and get more games going soon!

This was such a fun game to play!! Sorry for blanking out a couple times there.

Butterfree was SO good, holy crap. I thought she was town until the whole RNP business on D2. The moment I read your counterclaim I flipped out, couldn't believe the towniest player was mafia, haha!

All in all, it was great to play a game of mafia again!! :)

game results overruled, flora is now the sole winner of the game

A meowlien victory, if you will-

objection

this is cat mafia not kitten mafia

thus flora loses

tenor.gif

FdJrMnH.gif

As you can see from the title of the game, Meowfia doesn't actually indicate adult cats exclusively. In fact, kittens are known for meowing quite loudly, at that. Meaning...

phoenix-deskslam.gif

DeepHighlevelKangaroo-max-1mb.gif

KITTEN IS A PURRFECTLY ACCEPTABLE PUN!!

tenor.gif

No, that's wrong!

In the intro post to the game, Keldeo specifically says a mafia game about cats.

Welcome to Meowfia, a mafia game about cats! I'm your host, Keldeo, and I'll be talking about some cool kinds of cats in this game. I hope you're all feline good and ready to play a fun game of mafia!

Cats, as in the class of animals, not simply house cats! Many big cat species instead call their young cubs!

Thus, Flora's pun only makes sense for one role in the game- and not the game as a whole!

Man I spent 90% of the game in a derp state, this is my one good contribution, let me have this.

Actually wait, the idea that a pun has to apply to every element of the thing to be valid is a flawed one. I reject that idea. Next.

tenor.gif

No, that's wrong!

In the intro post to the game, Keldeo specifically says a mafia game about cats.

Cats, as in the class of animals, not simply house cats! Many big cat species instead call their young cubs!

Thus, Flora's pun only makes sense for one role in the game- and not the game as a whole!

Phoenix-ohshit.gif

Yowch!!

Phoenix_Sweating_1.gif

(Great, now all we need is for Edgeworth to bring out the updated pawtopsy report...)

(...)

Phoenix_Thinking_1.gif

(Or maybe I should.)

Phoenix_Thinking_2.gif

You're assuming that the idea of kittens is mutually exclusive to that of house cats. But if we take a look at a little thing I like to call the dictionary, we'll see that's not the case.

Merriam Webster said:
kitten noun
kit·​ten | \ ˈki-tᵊn \
Definition of kitten (Entry 1 of 2)
: a young cat
also : an immature or young individual of various other small mammals

Judge_Surprised_2.gif

My word! If I didn't know any better, I'd say that passage was ripped straight from the "inner webs"!

Phoenix_Nodding.gif

Phoenix-normal%28b%29.gif

That's correct, Your Honor. This passage is taken straight from the dictionary definition of the word 'kitten' on Merriam Webster's site. I'd like the court to take a look at that first definition, because as we can all plainly see...

Phoenix_Confident_2.gif

A kitten is a young cat.

Maya_Bench_Profile_2.gif

Nice job, Nick! You've got him on the ropes now!

Maya_Bench_Thinking_2.gif

...Hey, is this why Mister Armando always called my sister "Kitten"?

Maya_Bench_1.gif

...Maya, aren't you supposed to be in the detention center right now?

Maya_Bench_Strict_2.gif

Hey, those cats chose to come with me, away from their owners! I'm innocent, I tell ya!

Maya_Bench_Strict_1.gif

That's called catnapping, Maya!

Maya_Bench_Exasperated_2.gif

...Well, at least my trial isn't until after this one.

(Purrfect, Maya. Just purrfect.)

latest

(Dammit...! He's trying to spin the Webster angle! I've got to think of something... or we'll all be...)

Your Honor! May you say the word "Meow" for me?

If the judge is able to say the word, wouldn't that indicate that multiple species are able to meow? Humans, parrots, any mimicking creature! They can all meow!

Phoenix_Head_Shake.gif

Phoenix-normal%28b%29.gif

If that's your point, then any one of us could say "meow". The fact that humans can say the word "meow" is a given. But that doesn't invalidate the fact that kittens also can meow, nor does it make the defendant's pun invalid.

Judge_Surprised_2.gif

Hold up, now! Do I still need to say "meow"?

Phoenix_Sweating_2.gif

...No, Your Honor.

okay but now I'm running out of ace atturnstyle material and I don't wanna clog the thread up too much more ooopss

Back
Top Bottom