• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

pokemon yellow revamp challenge

ok i changed a few things to the charizard
yelowcharizard.gif
->
yellowcharizard2.gif

any better?
(also note about the flame lightsource, it's never been a large influence to the highlights on charizard sprites, as seen in the rse, frlg and dppt sprites. i added a few more small highlights to the body, though)

Last edited:
ok i changed a few things to the charizard
yelowcharizard.gif
->
yellowcharizard2.gif

any batter?
(also note about the flame lightsource, it's never been a large influence to the highlights on charizard sprites, as seen in the rse, frlg and dppt sprites. i added a few more small highlights to the body, though)
I know, it was that the flame seemed too dithered compared to the IV flames. Much better, and I see that you changed its eyes. Nice touch.

Also, I've been meaning to ask; who did your Trainer Card images?

I know, it was that the flame seemed too dithered compared to the IV flames. Much better, and I see that you changed its eyes. Nice touch.

Also, I've been meaning to ask; who did your Trainer Card images?

i made them (apart from combusken, that's a pinball sprite). i founds some nice images from the anime and trading cards and made pixel overs of them
the trainer is just an edit and the small chimchar is scratch

i made them (apart from combusken, that's a pinball sprite). i founds some nice images from the anime and trading cards and made pixel overs of them
the trainer is just an edit and the small chimchar is scratch
Nice.

I usually just do TCG pixel overs or revamp old Pinball images if they look nice enough. I highly suggest using the EX cards as a base, especially the Lv. X cards.

uhh... technically they are since the point of revamps are to recolour them so they look like sprites from newer generations ._.
Not being mean but Terry's technically right.

A recolor in the Pokemon spriter's sense is to replace the palette with the same number of colors. A revamp in the same sense is either increasing or decreasing the number of colors there is in a given sprite.

Anyway, here's a challenge; resize them to D/P standards (80x80). Here's a tip; if your program allows, resize the IMAGE (not canvas) to 80x80 after setting the whole thing including the blank white to 60x60, the G/S/C sprite size.

Hold on a second. You guys aren't trying to imply that Peegeray is only recoloring the Yellow sprites, are you? o.o She's done much more than that; she's redone the shading and fixed up the awkwardly drawn parts. These are much more than recolors.

Anyway. Peegeray, your revamps look very nice. =3 The shading and coloring looks much better on your revamped sprites, and I like the definition that you have given the eyes. However, Charmeleon's eyes are almost completely black; maybe you could add some gray to make them more like Charizard's eyes?

I also envy the speed with which you're revamping these. xD

If you need a suggestion for what to do next, maybe Kadabra? I never really noticed how cool of a pose he has in Yellow. =D

to 60x60, the G/S/C sprite size.
Actually, it's 56x56.

Hold on a second. You guys aren't trying to imply that Peegeray is only recoloring the Yellow sprites, are you? o.o She's done much more than that; she's redone the shading and fixed up the awkwardly drawn parts. These are much more than recolors.

I know, just nitpicking a bit.

Also, I highly suggest trying Onix.

ok, sorry i haven't got around to doing some of the suggestions yet
i've done a few more simple sprites
yellowslowpoke.gif
yellowrattata.gif
yellowcaterpie.gif

also attempted a dppt resize of onix
yellowdponix.gif

(i don't think i'll count the onix as part of the challenge, i'll keep all challenge sprites at the normal size. this was just an extra sprite)

Back
Top Bottom