• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NaNoWriMo 2011

oh my god it's november on tuesday

why is it november on tuesday ; ;

Next week begins a week full of practical sessions comprising 50% of my final mark for the research techniques module. Next week also brings Halloween and Halloween parties. Next week ALSO brings NaNoWriMo. aaaaaa what is my life ; ; and why is it soooooo

wheeee college apps

November will be the most pleasant of all months. This I can foresee.

Although I am quite looking forward to writing about characters going batshit insane (although I have to figure out how they get there first, grrrr)

I have no idea how I'm going to start my story but I just assume that if I write in the floweriest way I can I'll be alright. Probably something involving the protagonist spilling coffee down someone's shirt because he's ~*so clumsy*~ teehee

(pulp romance novels are hard)

I AM READY! I have an outline, I am pumped and ready and WHOOHOO!

I am also writing it on paper... yeah...

I'm excited! I have a lot of ideas bouncing around my head and aaaaaa. I'm really looking forward to stressing the fuck out.

I have no idea what I want to write aaaaaaaaaaa

I mean I had an idea, but how am I going to be able to research my town in the turn of the last century in two days? All I know is that there was a population boom and that the railroad was raised aaaaaaaaaa

Er, well, it's been a while, but I decided to dust off my old account and give this a go. Yay, I think! My info really needs updated, but the site seems to be going down a lot.

I actually have an idea about what I'm writing about. Whoo! Link to my profile when Nano's site stops acting up! Though you could just search "Denryu" if you were really curious.

EDIT: Here

Last edited:
Can some explain to me the line between sci-fi and fantasy, because my story is sort of sitting in the middle. I guess it's more fantasy, but it's really low-end fantasy...

Bleh, whatever. I'll figure it out after NaNo is over.

I have no idea how I'm going to start my story but I just assume that if I write in the floweriest way I can I'll be alright. Probably something involving the protagonist spilling coffee down someone's shirt because he's ~*so clumsy*~ teehee

AND THEN THERE WILL BE FABULOUSNESS
and it will be awesome

The difference between SciFi and Fantasy: Do fantastic things happen because of science? SciFi! Do fantastic things happen because of magic or nature? Fantasy!

Really, they're the same genre with different reasons for the rules of their worlds.

If magic is a science in that universe, then it depends on how much magic and how much science.

This is all my opinion though, so don't take it too seriously. The line between SciFi and Fantasy can be pretty subjective.

I like watching arguments about whether the Dragonriders of Pern series is SF or Fantasy.

(The answer doesn't really matter, because the series is goddamn weird.)

I realised earlier today that I'll be starting this at my grandparents' house. I'll need to go buy some storage device so I can take it home with me. I do not know why I did not just bring my external hard drive.

I realised earlier today that I'll be starting this at my grandparents' house. I'll need to go buy some storage device so I can take it home with me. I do not know why I did not just bring my external hard drive.

Why not just email it to yourself?

Anyway, I've finally got an idea of what I'm writing, although it'll probably be full of plotholes. Writing mystery was definitely not my wisest decision.

Oh, there's a thread for this. Why didn't I know there was a thread for this until T-11 hours and change? D: I refuse to lose this year, so yay determination!

This year I thought I'd try something a little different; namely, posting my NaNo as I go along, then later going through and posting the editing and rewriting I do on it, the idea being to have a full record of the story from "oh-god-why" state to "still ill-advised but could be worse, I guess" final product. A little intro post and the first portion of today's writing (~800 words) are up on a rather hastily thrown-together blog.

My schedule's pretty crammed, so updates will probably be very sporadic, possibly with a huge ramp-up over Thanksgiving break to compensate for earlier-month fail. We'll see. Good luck, everybody!

My character has spontaneously developed a fear of heights or at least airplane rides.

...This actually works very well for the story.

I am enjoying this sudden character development.

Back
Top Bottom