• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Time And Relative Dimensions In Space.

What is your opinion on the RP?

• Yes, finally a Dr Who RP, looks fantastic, i'm joining right now!

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Looks good but I don't feel like joining.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Its Okay I guess...

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I'm not into Doctor Who but it looks mediocre.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No. This is utter crap.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like the ideas of the episodes.

• I don't have any opinion on this RP.

• Total voters

The Darksmith Legacy

Sorry I was gone, I got lost in the vortex again..
Hooray! A Doctor Who RP! Finally. I'm not sure whether this is going to work out or not but i'm going ahead with it anyway. Heres the deal. You are the Doctor's companion, but more importantly his friend. You have known him for a while and this is your latest journey.

There are (starting at) 5 different stories to go through. Each has a different doctor and a different situation/ planet/ enemy.

Rules:
NO Spamming
NO Mary-Sues.
NO complaining if your entry doesn't get picked.
NO complaining
NO changing the plot completely.
NO Controlling the Doctor,thats my job.

Lets get this straight, there are limited spaces for this RP. Each story is seperate but that doesn't mean that only 5 people can join. Up to 2 people can join a story. If both people agree and you know that both of you will post regulary (so one person doesn't ditch everyone and hold up the plot.) So be careful before you double-bill. Entries will only be accepted if you show a good understanding of the series (old or new) and if the character is original and imaginative enough.

(Also, its good to have a variety of companions but please, make him/her/it a decent companion who is worth playing.)

Episode 1- Clone Birth - 5th Doctor-
As the sontaran race tries to wipe out the remaining rutan opposition on Sontar, the sontarans decide to resseurect their creator. The fallen soldier, Valence Aran who must lead them into victory. The Doctor must find out why Aran made the sontarans, how the sontarans grew to be aggressive, war-like race and if the rutans can destroy them. But is Aran planning ideas for himself?

Episode 2- Dilluted Planet - 4th Doctor
The Doctor is captured on the planet of Mercunn and are put into containment. They are gassed and drugged regularly and are locked up by the cyborga who patrol the planet. Something poisioned the planet and now the cyborgs have been left to find any survivors. But if they can never get back to the surface, how will they escape, the doctor goes looking for the cause of the pollution and the drugged atmosphere.

Episode 3- The Warkeepers Crown - 10th Doctor
As the old and weary warkeeper comes to die she must find a replacment. She brings the doctor to her land and the brigadier. Before they can be reunited the WarCrows must protect the new warkeeper, whoever that may be. But the harpies have a warkeeper of their own. May war commence!

Episode 4- Groatsworth of Wit - 7th Doctor
Robert Green is a poet long forgotten in time. With his work becoming a shadow of Shakespeare, Greene was forgotten. He lived and died in a shoemakers. But it didn't have to be like that. Evil spirits show Greene how he was forgotten in the future and use his hate and anger as a weapon. Greene must now kill Shakespeare to change history.

Episode 5- The First - 3rd Doctor
The Doctor arrives to catch an expedition in the south pole. Soon they are caught under a number of events including, the ice possessing one of the crew, a ice monster and a mysterious race of aliens curious with the human race.

Wave 2
Episode 6- The Flood - 8th Doctor
The Doctor arrives in Modern Day New York. People are acting strangely and undercover American UNIT officers are covering the streets.Something is wrong in New York. The Doctor meets some old enemies but in a scarily new vision. The Earth is on the brink of collapse and one of the Doctors worst enemies now needs the Doctors help to control time and space.(anymore and i'd be giving it away.)

Episode 7- The Curious tale of Spring Heeled Jack - 1st Doctor
The Doctor arrives in Victorian London but arrives in the middle of a heist. Police tell the tale of a Spring-Heeled Jack who roams the city jumping and running at tremendous speeds searching for the special woman. The Doctor now must protect the one woman that Jack vows to kill....Who is Jack? Whats with all the gas leaks? And who is the noblest of knights?

Episode 8- Nothing to Lose - 9th Doctor
The Slitheen Family have been hunted, torn apart, feasted on and mass murdered. Their enormous family has been reduced to a fraction of what it once was, and now the remaining slitheen blame the Human Race. Far in the future the doctor picks up a distress signal and arrives at a futuristic human spaceship carrying civillians from the moon. The Slitheen plant their final revenge and strike the spacestation. Can the Doctor finally finish business with the slitheen. Because the slitheen are never more dangerous when on a hunt and with nothing left to lose.....
Companion Form
Neccesary
Name:
Species: (As cool as it would be, please no dalek companions or anything of that sort.)
History:
How he/she/it met the doctor:
Behaviour: (VERY IMPORTANT)
Appearance:
Other:
How they feel towards the Doctor: (Be aware of which doctor it is.)
*Make the companion fit the doctor in your episode. I fyou don't see a 10 feet killer zombie with the 2nd Doctor. Don't*

This RP really does require dedication. If you honestly don't feel that you can keep up regularly then please don't bother. Thank you, and have fun.

Last edited:
Name: Jason Atkinson
Species: Human
Episode: The Warkeepers Crown
History: Jason grew up in a small town in Northern Michigan with his parents and two brothers. However, he soon moved to Alma to attend the college there.
How he/she/it met the doctor: While on campus, the Doctor showed up, and Jason was dragged into an Alien invasion of canine shapeshifters who were attempting to harvest the worlds water supply. Jason and the Doctor thwarted this plan with assistance from one of sympahtetic members. Afterwards, Jason was offered a companionship with The Doctor. He decided to take up the offer, and, after some preperation, took off with the Doctor for new and exciting places.
Behaviour: Jason isn't the most talkative person, although he is friendly to people he knows. Jason is rather intelligent, and just a little bit odd in the head. He's prone to wild leaps of logic, but can keep those in check most of the time. He will, however, remain calm in most situations.
Appearance: Jason is relatively tall, has redish brown hair, wears bronze rimmed glasses, and usually wears jeans, long sleeve T shirts, and hoodies.
Other: Jason majors in English, and hopes to one day become an author, but simply to write for a living. As such, he usually carries around a notebook and pen to jot things down.
How they feel towards the Doctor: Jason respects the doctor as a mentor figure and a friend.

Nice one. You're in Animorph. (Somehow I knew the Warkeepers crown would be popular, its my favourite.) We'll start all of the stories when 5 people have joined overall. (Or if 2 people start on the same one we can get going.) (Double-billing included, so keep your eye out.) I'll send you a PM when we start.

I'd rather you didn't but if you want to use a species from another universe that might be okay. No specific OC characters if you please.

I might join if I get enough time. Nice idea though. The episodes look good. I wanna join episode 1 or 2.

Name: Fowler

Species: Setian

A tall, humanoid race with scaled limbs and four digits with sharp fingernails. They have thin, long jaws with tusks about 3-5 inches long which curve upwards at about 90 degrees. Their body structure is humanoid, with tough beige scales all round and canine legs similar to a lycan and just as powerful. Despite the scales, they have hair on their scalp similar to humans.

Episode: Clone Birth

History: Fowler is a renowned explorer in his homeworld of Calth, and has spent a good deal of his life searching for the unknown and collecting treasures along the way. He is also a former pilot for the Setian Grand Armada but was discharged due to him stealing a national artifact which he refuses to name.

How he/she/it met the doctor: During one of his world-famous raids in the Lightning Tower, Fowler was saved by the Doctor from mysterious creatures known in Setian legend as the Dahaka, the Devourer. They both discover that the treasure inside the Tower was nothing more than a map of the stars. Amazed at how a simple, casual being can handle himself the way the Doctor did, the explorer decides to join him in his adventures to discover the stars.

Behavior: A very quirky, mischievous person. Fowler loves nothing more than a chance to discover old ruins or new civilizations. He doesn't like fights but he can and will hold his own against anything and everything. He is righteous, but occasionally steals whatever he fancies, whether from a little child or a deceased king.

Appearance: He wears a wide-brimmed hat, a long, brown jacket with material similar to leather, patched pants with the odd hole, worn at the bottom and light, durable boots with mud cemented at the soles. His tusks have an assortment of ties and pendants tied to them for good luck, and he always has a backpack with his survival kit; a length of rope being one of them.

Fowler also has a tattoo on his left arm of a wolf with horns and the words "Wolfinbose", the name of his now-destroyed fighter ship.

Other: He is wanted in 5 systems for stealing planetary artifacts, including the famous Iron Cross of Prospero which he has pinned on his hat, and the Ultima Imperialis, a ring stolen from the tomb of Lord Fenris, last monarch of Caliban, which was said to bring the wearer extraordinary luck. Fowler, however doesn't believe in the myth but stole the ring "because it looked cool". He has it worn on his right tusk.

How he feels towards the Doctor: Fowler treats the Doctor like a sibling. While he frequently strays from him during their adventures, he knows that the Doctor will never let him down.

Last edited:
Reserve with partial profile.

Name: Angelo silver
Species: Human
Episode: The first
History: Shrouded in mystery, All anyone knows is he has been a member of unit for the past 4 years.
How he/she/it met the doctor: Stowaway on the tardis
Behaviour: Arrogant and Skeptical, No matter how many times he sees something that should be impossible he must try and logic it out.
Appearance: Silver hair, Blue eyes, 6' 2" and average weight, Wears a black hoodie over a black shirt with the words "I doubt it" on it in white letters and black sweats
Other:
How they feel towards the Doctor: Aquantance (sp?)

Best i can do for now... Finish it later... And also can you play a villian also...? Always wanted to be a weeping angel...

Last edited:
I was going to leave the enemies for me. Anyway, the enemies in these episodes are a bit of a secret anyway. Sadly in this group of episodes there are no returning enemies. (Except for the sontarans.) Next series I will. Midnight is reserved. Also new stories may be added soon so keep your eyes open.

EDIT: Woah! 3 mroe stories for you to pick from! With a lot of old enemies. The last 2 will be added at a later date.

Last edited:
Love the new stories, maybe I can be bothered to do my entry now, i'll have it in a minute, I just want to check something.

You better get it in quick, otherwise you shall get the Smithy dissaproved badge.
rr76ti.jpg

((Sorry we're starting now.))

Short intro to get us going:

The Doctor stares at you from the other side of the console, pulling back a lever, they were in flight, The Doctor , he is a young looking man but with an older man inside of him, he has fair highlighted hair and a dashing effect to his face, his face full of excitement and anxiety. "So," He murmered, " Where are we going next?" He whacked the console and the TARDIS stopped, it had landed. He pressed another button, which revelealed the TARDIS scanner screen. " Lets see where we've landed, i've put it to random so out those doors we could be anywhere, anywhen." He smiled, tilting his head,"Want to go first?"

Back
Top Bottom