• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Is there going to be a Generation V?

Do you think there will be Generation V?

• Yes

Votes: 117 90.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 9.3%

• Total voters
Shinx is a kitten, than Luxio is a miniature lion like thing, than luxray........wellllll, it does'nt look like a lion, more or less like a bear that crawls on fours all the time. But they will make a lion, hopefully. Oh, if they do make a lion, make lit like an eevee, where it changes into differnet types, so its a kitten at first, but changes as you train it with stones or times or areas!

Involuntary Twitch said:
Arceus is the creator of the universe and the god of all Pokemon. I will HATE Gamefreak if they make anything stronger than him. <<

That being said, there's no reason they can't create more legendary Pokemon by zooming in more on the world of Pokemon rather than getting larger-scale. Instead of making the Pokemon that created Arceus and/or Arceus' evil parallel (something I hate seeing even more), make a specialized region with Pokemon that control, say, continental shift, or the weather for a specific area. Or stop making legendaries altogether, and reuse some of the old ones instead.

...Funny, actually, I had a dream about the fifth gen last night. Included was a Magikarp evolution that was a whale and, for some reason, Pokemon mixes. Don't you guys think it was about time Gamefreak included mixes in? Like, some organization that mutates Pokemon or whatever, or a sudden mutation outbreak. :P (Awesome award to anyone that gets the reference.)

Woot! Pokemorphs! I got and idea for a fifth generation game just from that! Exept the poke-morph thing is, in my opinion, the otherway around.(Go my OC!(An Articuno Pokemorph named Neptune)) Yeah, with fans spawning all these ideas, tthey're gonna have to make a fifth generation even if their brains are dead.

Shinx is a kitten, than Luxio is a miniature lion like thing, than luxray........wellllll, it does'nt look like a lion, more or less like a bear that crawls on fours all the time. But they will make a lion, hopefully. Oh, if they do make a lion, make lit like an eevee, where it changes into differnet types, so its a kitten at first, but changes as you train it with stones or times or areas!

But it is a lion. It's meant to be, at least. I can't see a 'miniature lion thing' growing to be a 'bear that crawls on fours all the time'...

Shinx = Lion cub, Luxio = Adolescent lion, Lucray = Adult Lion.

Is anyone else vaguely paranoid that they are slumming around the internet about ready to snatch fan-made Pokemon for use in the next generations?

^they should do that because it's cheaper and it's a practically endless source; by the time the next generation will have come, there will be hundreds of more fakemon.

WPM's interview already confirmed more generations, so this thread is kind of pointless...

And besides people, THERE IS NOTHING TO SAY THAT ARCEUS IS A GOD. Creator of the universe does not necessarily entail god-like powers (strike anyone down with a lightning bolt, etc.)

And besides people, THERE IS NOTHING TO SAY THAT ARCEUS IS A GOD. Creator of the universe does not necessarily entail god-like powers (strike anyone down with a lightning bolt, etc.)

...Except for, perhaps, having the highest stat total of all Pokemon, being able to be all types, and having the insanely powerful, also-all-typed Judgment attack? Arceus is a Pokemon god if I ever saw one.

...Except for, perhaps, having the highest stat total of all Pokemon, being able to be all types, and having the insanely powerful, also-all-typed Judgment attack? Arceus is a Pokemon god if I ever saw one.

You could have said that about Mewtwo in the first gen. :/

Strength =/= god.

The only people who have ever said Arceus was a god were the fans, neither GF nor Nintendo ever said the word "god."

I think that as long as they keep making money, they'll keep making more generations. I don't think that the concept of a Pokemon will prevent them from making another one.

Is anyone else vaguely paranoid that they are slumming around the internet about ready to snatch fan-made Pokemon for use in the next generations?

Hasn't Nintendo said that they don't want people sending them ideas because they won't own the copyright to those ideas? I'm pretty sure the same thing applies here. Don't worry - as of now, fan Pokemon will remain only in the minds of the fans. :P

And duh, there will be a Generation V. *watch there NOT be a fifth generation and future Pokemon fans will laugh at the certainty of this post*

Also, the fact that people can't tell that the Shinx line is supposed to be based off lions means we need a new Lion pokemon.

Unless there's some drastic change (and a few new pokemon isn't a drastic change), then I think Gen 4 will be it for me.

It's quite obvious that there will be a Generation V. The question is do I want a Generation V? I'm kind of split. I mean, when I first saw Generation IV's Pokemon, I hated every single one of them. But later on I starting liking a few and then the entire Generation... Except Bidoof and Bibarel... *Sharpens steak knives* Anyway, I will begin hating every new generation at first and then liking it later on.

/agree with Tropiking.

Even though I don't like the new pokemon at first, im usually going to end up liking them eventually. Though it is unlikely I will buy any new pokemon games.

(That is exactly what I said with the release of Diamond and Pearl...lo and behold I have Pearl now.)

I think that there should be a way to save your game in the middle of a battle. I had this idea for a few years ago for a Pokemon with an ability called "Screensaver" which allows you to save the game during battles if you have the Pokemon in your party.

They are numbered in the order they were discovered. Just because Mew/Arceus/Whatever was the last one the "scientists found" doesn't mean that Mew didn't spawn off more stuff/Arceus didn't create more. That would just mean that the new discoveries were "found" after their creators. It's as simple as that.

Incorrect. The numbering has no explanation in canon and is just how the game devs decided to order them, and (un?)written rule dictates that each generation is starters first, any number of pokemon in between, and then ubers and legends at the end. This pattern, with little to minor variation, repeats itself four times and will most likely continue; if it was just "this is the order in which scientists found them" then it wouldn't be so... patterned. The devs made sure related pokemon were grouped accordingly, and not just evolutions; the new babies of each generation are usually grouped together, starters, legends...

Another thing to consider is that Mew is listed after Mewtwo; if it was in order of discovery/creation this would be the other way around, they can't create Mewtwo before discovering Mew

G/S/C is stated (I believe) to have taken place 3 years after R/B/Y. So according to this logic, none of the generation 2 pokemon were known previous to G/S/C, and in the 3 years between the generations the scientists were hard at work discovering them for the first time. So were the guys in Johto just oblivious to these 100 pokemon just running/flying/swimming around all this time? I mean, obviously they just didn't pop up out of nowhere in the meantime; they were obviously around, in canon, as long as the other generation pokemon were (around enough to have ancient myths about them, at least). So it takes pokemon scientists that long to discover something as common as Sentret (which every Joe Bob Random in Johto should know about), which doesn't match with the high-tech (more than ours at least) world they live in.

Each successive generation effectively retcons the previous ones, so at this point there are 493 pokemon, so in the pokemon canon there have always been 493.

That's a fair point, and I will admit that it does contradict something I've stated elsewhere; I take it back, for the most part. Whether or not the number order is important, though, the point I was trying to make is that just because Arceus is currently last doesn't mean that there can't ever be anything else. Whether it was found last or the numbering is arbitrary, 493 is not the end-all be-all and they can certainly make another generation. However they want to explain it. Or not explain it, as the case may be.

Back
Top Bottom