• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Open] Yu-Gi-Oh: War of Darkness and Deities (OOC)

Exo-Raikou

It's over. I'm sorry, but it's over.
In this world, Nine Monsters with great power exist...

A Multicolor Dragon whose attacks outshine the sun...

A Mighty General, unbeatable in any combat...

A Creator, bent on giving life to those who have fallen...

A Sacred Phoenix, with wings blazing like the sun itself...

A Huge Dragon with impenetrable armor...

A Divine Bird who reigns over the skies...

An Archlord who protects an ancient sanctuary...

A Wise Judge who guides those who have been lost...

And A Great Dragon of Dark Flames...

These monsters are considered to be so powerful that they have been named "The Nine Deities," and are ranked just below the legendary Egyptian God Monsters...

We must ensure that these monsters never be corrupted. Were they to fall into the shadows, the results would be catastrophic...

The Dark Monsters: Evil Incarnations of the legendary "Deity Beasts." The day they were created, they were deemed too powerful to be used, and too dangerous to destroy, so they were sealed away for eternity.

So the creators hoped, anyway.

For these beasts have been discovered. And they have taken over the minds of those who have found them. Each and every duelist who has obtained a Dark Beast has incorporated them into their decks, and the nine mediums for the Dark beasts seek a common goal: Resurrecting the Wicked Gods. Were they to succeed, nothing would stop them from sending the entire world into oblivion...

But all is not lost. Nine Duelists have obtained the nine "Deity Beasts." The courage of each and every one of those duelists will be needed in order to defeat all of the Dark Beast mediums, destroy the cards, and prevent the Wicked Gods from returning.

But they must hurry. Every second brings the Dark Duelists closer and closer to finding the three keys needed to resurrect the Wicked Gods...

Rules
All normal RP rules apply.
This RP is semi-lit. Try to keep it at that level, at least
The decks used will follow Traditional Format for the time being.
For duels, we will use the YVD Duel Simulator A help thread for it can be found here
Do not cheat during the duels
For now, Synchros and Earthbound Immortals won't be used. Tuners can be used, but only if their effects don't have to do with Synchro Summoning.
The Egyptian/Wicked Gods can't be used.
One Dark/Deity monster to a deck
You are either working with the Dark beasts, the Deities, or someone who has neither but is helping one of the sides
You are allowed up to three Duel Spirits, but one must be the Dark/Deity beast
Have fun. If you don't, the Wicked Gods will find you.

Sign-Up Form
Name: Goes without saying
Side: Dark, Deity, or a supporter of one of the two
Appearance: Try and make it descriptive
Personality: I'll accept PO if the History is thorough
History: How did they acquire the Deity/Dark monster?
Other:

Deck Inventory: 60 cards maximum. Bold whatever mosnters are the Spirits.

Members

Deity Beasts
Rainbow Dragon:
Freed the Matchless General: Angelo Xanhan
The Creator:
Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys: moon-panther Reserved
Armed Dragon LV7: Candace 'Tiamat' Drake
Simorgh, Bird of Divinity:
Archlord Zerato:
Voltanis the Adjudicator:
Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8: Max Sivogar

Dark Beasts
Rainbow Dark Dragon:
Dark General Freed:
The Dark Creator: Ameno Magatsu
Dark Nephthys
Dark Armed Dragon
Dark Simorgh:
Darklord Zerato:
Dark Voltanis:
Dark Horus: Kailani Tyron

Supporters

Last edited:
All three reserved.

I get the feeling that both of the Voltanis monsters will go unused, simply because of their obscurity. I'm genuinely surprised nobody's gone for DaD.

Sorry if it's any bother, but I can't think of a good enough deck for Ranbow Dark Dragon, so if possible can I switch to Freed the Matchless General? *shot*

Now keep in mind I'm clueless about anything that happened past the World of Memory Arc in the first series. @__@ If I mess up, do tell me.

Name: Candace 'Tiamat' Drake
Side: Deity

Appearance: Candace is a very tall girl, about 6 feet, and very thin. She has what can be described as a 'swimsuit model' figure, with a narrow waist, and wide hips and bust. Her hair is a dark chestnut brown in colour, and falls just past shoulder length, and her bangs are bleached white. Her eyes are a sapphire blue, and she looks annoyed most of the time. Her features are rather sharp, and she just doesn't have the 'dainty' look mostly expected of girls; she looks more like she could rip someone to bits.

Her clothing is usually quite varied, but her favourite outfit is a black leather miniskirt over white tights, black leather boots, and a white turtleneck with a black sleeveless sweater over it. She tops all this off with a long white trench coat and a black leather messenger bag. She has two holes in each ear, the higher-up hole bearing a small blue stud, and the lower set with a set of dangling earring shaped like tiny dragons with shining blue eyes.

Personality: Candace is...kind of a bitch, to put it simply. She acts remarkably like her idol, Seto Kaiba, right down to the brute-force dueling strategy. She's cocky and intelligent, with a keen ability to piss off the more 'everyone should get along!' types. Despite her unfaltering pride and belief that you can't trust anyone but yourself, she does have a heart, and when it comes down to it, she'll be there.

History: Candace has been a duelist as long as she can recall, and she looked up to only one man; Seto Kaiba, the keeper of the Blue-Eyed beasts. She dedicated her dueling career to learning from and emulating him, and she managed to scrape together a Dragon-based deck. She even managed to find Blue-Eyes White Dragon cards, which had started to be produced more, but still remained incredibly rare. Candace took the tournament scene by storm, claiming quite a few titles and cash prizes.

But then something happened that would change her life forever; walking home from a tournament one night, she was approached by a strange cloaked person, who handed her a small package, wrapped in cloth. The person told her that the power inside this tiny bundle would bring her great power, and everyone knows that with great power, comes great responsibility. She took it home and unwrapped it, and it revealed it's secret; the Armed Dragon family. She modified her deck to accommodate the powerful creatures, sensing the power they held...

Other: wee.

Deck Inventory: (this is very prone to change, I'm still working on it. I'll try and complete it before the RP starts.)

Armed Dragon Lv3 x3
Armed Dragon Lv5 x3
Armed Dragon Lv7 x1
Armed Dragon Lv10 x1
Blue-Eyes White Dragon x3
Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon x1
Kaibaman x1
Roc from the Valley of Haze x2
Luster Dragon x3
Blizzard Dragon x2
Twin-Headed Behemoth x2
Divine Dragon Ragnarok x2
Lord of D. x2
Dragon Dwelling the the Cave x2

Level Up! x3
Level Modulation x1
Burst Stream of Destruction x1
Delta Attacker x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x1
Lightning Vortex x2
Dragon's Mirror x2
Polymerization x2
Stamping Destruction x3
Ancient Rules x2
Heavy Storm x1

Black Horn of Heaven x1
Dragon's Rage x1
Sakuretsu Armor x2
Call of the Haunted x1

Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon x1
King Dragun x1

FMC is Accepted. And now, for my Dark member:

Name: Kailani Tyron

Side: Dark

Appearance: Kailani is of a medium build, stands about 6'2" and has dull grey eyes. His hair is a darker brown, and he is very pale. He has a long scar running down the lower part of his face. Though he doesn't appear to be imposing at first glance, he gives off what some people might say a "very bad vibe." His clothing of choice is a dark cloak with the hood raised and a picture of a solar eclipse on the back. He carries a black and red duel disk on his right arm.

Personality: Kailani is cold and uncaring for any except himself. He has long since given himself up to the darkness that Dark Horus possesses. In a duel, he is incredibly savage; using the deadly powers of his monsters such as the Chaos Duo and Tragoedia to inflict pain upon others. He wouldn't know the meaning of a word such as compassion if it came up and punched him in the gut; he shows nothing but malice to the world around him, and furthermore, he wouldn't hesitate to attack the other duelist even if they had surrendered

History: Kailani was a casual player at heart; not caring about the tournaments or the cash prizes they offered. He would always turn down requests to join the tourneys from friends of his, saying that he preferred dueling in its purest form. Eventually, though, the request of one of his friends convinced him to join a tournament. He won that tournament, and he received the card Tragoedia as his prize. One look at that card changed Kailani; he decided to take his Chaos deck competitive. But that first tournament would be one of the few he would win; for the most part, he was overshadowed by the friend who had invited him to the tournament in the first place. Eventually the losses took their toll, and he was driven to find the most powerful cards. This is what led him to seek Dark Horus; though he knew of the dangers that the Dark Beasts had, he didn't care; he would do whatever it took to win. Upon finding the Dark card, he willingly gave himself over to its power, and has become a servant for it ever since.

Other: Guess who his friend's going to be?

Deck Inventory: (A Traditional Deck that's very, very Chaos-Based)
1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
1 Breaker the Magical Warrior
1 Catapult Turtle
1 Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End
1 Copycat
1 D.D. Warrior Lady
1 Dandylion
1 Dark Horus
1 Darkness Neosphere
1 Destiny Hero - Dasher
1 Don Zaloog
2 Gilasaurus
1 Jack's Knight
1 King's Knight
1 Light and Darkness Dragon
1 Makyura the Destructor
1 Marshmallon
1 Queen's Knight
1 Reflect Bounder
1 Sangan
1 Skelengel
1 Snipe Hunter
1 The Tricky
1 Tragoedia
1 Witch of the Black Forest
1 Yata-Garasu

1 Change of Heart
1 Double Summon
1 Heavy Storm
1 Mage Power
1 Magical Mallet
1 Monster Reborn
1 Monster Reincarnation
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Painful Choice
1 Raigeki
1 Smashing Ground
1 Soul Exchange
1 Swords of Revealing Light
1 The Dark Door

1 Barrel Behind the Door
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Magic Cylinder
1 Sakuretsu Armor
1 Raigeki Break
1 Ring of Destruction
1 Scrap-Iron Scarecrow
1 Statue of the Wicked
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Trap Jammer
1 Widespread Ruin

Last edited:
Name: Angelo Xanhan

Appearance: Angelo is about one-and-a-three-quarters meters tall. He has black hair, has tan skin. He wears a black zip-up sweater with a plain black T-shirt, blue jeans, and black running shoes. Angelo has jet-black hair that is slightly long, and brown eyes. He has a odd spiral scar around his right thigh, although, he has no idea on how he got it. Angelo also wears a plain black baseball cap, a watch, and a X-shaped metal pendant that is a family heirloom.

Personality: He is a little energetic, but is calm most of the time. He is cunning, and lies to get what he wants. At first, he might seem like an ass, but can be nice once you get to know him. He is sarcastic most of the time, and, Angelo unfortunately, sometimes cracks under pressure, and hates making large decisions. He has a large fear of heights. Also, he feels most at calm when near the ocean, and is extremely lazy.

History: Was pressured at a young age to become a great duelist like his parents, but, despite acting like a bad duelist, he has the skills and talent. The only problem is that he is to lazy. He prefers to just kick back and relax, and only duel for fun, not competitively. But no matter how many mistakes he makes, his parents just won't give up. One day, when his parents were away on a two day dueling convention, he received a strange package that read 'To a duelist with the a great amount of skill, Angelo Xanhan.' Knowing that this would blow his cover, he quickly took it up to his room and hid it. But not long after, he ripped it up with his raging curiosity. Inside, he saw a plain card. But something clicked in his head, and he knew that it was special, so he added it to his deck, but little did he know, that card will change his life, forever.

Other: What does PO mean?

Deck Inventory:
1 Freed the Matchless General
1 Black Luster Soldier
1 Swift Gaia The Fierce Knight
1 Exiled Force
2 Command Knight
2 Gearfried the Iron Knight
2 Gearfried the Swordsmaster
2 Marauding Captain
1 Elemental Hero Neos Alius
1 Mystic Swordsman Lv 2
1 Mystic Swordsman Lv 4
1 Mystic Swordsman Lv 6
1 Dark Blade
1 Field-Commander Rahz
1 D.D. Warrior Lady
1 D.D. Surviver
1 Silent Swordsman Lv 3
1 Silent Swordsman Lv 5
1 Silent Swordsman Lv 7

1 Black Luster Ritual
2 Warrior Returning Alive
1 Heavy Storm
1 Cyclone Boomerang
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Mystic Space Typhoon
2 Release Restraint
1 A. Forces
1 Swords of Revealing Light
1 Lightning Blade
1 Sogen
1 Fusion Sword Murasume Blade
3 Level Up
1 Swords of Concealing Light
2 Dian Keto the Cure Master

2 Sakuretsu Armor
1 Wall of Revealing Wall
2 Dust Tornado
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Trap Hole
1 Trap Jammer
1 Divine Wrath
1 Royal Decree
1 Negate Attack

Last edited:
Xaldin, I'll accept you once the history is added and the character's personality is less... back and forth.

Oh, and PO means Played Out.

oh, moon-panther was just over at my house, and wanted me to tell you that she wanted to join with Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys, but might not be on tonight, so she wants a reserve.

WHY HAVEN'T I DONE THIS YET I AM SO SORRY
Plus I changed my mind, I take The Dark Creator instead.

Name: Ameno Magatsu
Side: Dark
Appearance: Ameno Is a kinda tall, young man, with a rather feminine face and brown hair that goes down to his neck, he wears a beanie that covers most of the upper half of his face, and shades his yellow eyes. He wears a pair of black pants, and a crimson red shirt that is several sizes too big, making his left should stick out of the hole for the head, while his hands are pretty much hidden beneath the shirt.
Personality: PO please, although I can say right now he's quite antisocial.
History: Ameno grew up with a fascination of the unknown, rather the the fear of it. And because of that, always liked Dark-type monsters. Not being very strong himself, Ameno used a lot of powerful cards, and eventually got his hands on The Dark Creator, being fascinated by the powers it could summon, and began using it, giving in to its powers.
Other: If you have played Persona 3, think a cross between Minato and Shinjiro with a too big shirt. :3

Deck Inventory:

1 The Dark Creator
1 Diabolos, King of the Abyss
1 Vanity's Fiend
1 Yubel
1 Yubel - Terror Incarnate
1 Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare
1 Darkness Neosphere
1 Belial - Marquis of Darkness
1 Patrician of Darkness
1 Jinzo
1 Big Eye
1 Plague Wolf
1 Breaker the Magical Warrior
2 Stealth Bird
2 Archfiend Soldier
3 Giant Orc
1 D.D Crow
1 Dharc the Dark Charmer
1 Doomcaliber Knight
1 Double Custon
1 Emissary of the Afterlife
1 Familiar Knight
3 Giant Germ
1 Spirit Reaper
1 Pitch-Black Warwolf
1 Rare metal Dragon
1 Jester Confit

1 Heavy Storm
1 Mystical Space Typhon
1 Pot of Avarice
1 Lightning Vortex
1 Tribute to the Doomed
1 Monster Reincarnation
1 Mystic Plasma Zone
3 Magical Mallet
1 Axe of Despair
1 Horn of the Unicorn
1 Mask of the Accursed
1 Double Summon
1 Ribbon of Rebirth

3 Sakuretsu Armor
1 The Transmigration Prophecy
1 Magic Cylinder
1 A rival Appears
1 Dust Tornado
1 Dark Mirror Force
2 Dimension Wall
1 Eradicator Epidemic Virus
1 Gozen Match

My deck is sux.

Male Gardevoir is accepted (though I'd be a bit happier if the history is expanded, but that's probably just me). It's too bad about not using Dark general Freed, though; I was looking forward to you and Xaldin beating the stuffing out of- *brutally murdered*

Anyways, time for my Deity character

Name: Max Sivogar
Appearance: For starters, he's very tall and very thin. His hair is a light brown, and his eyes are green-blue. He usually wears a dark orange jacket which covers a dark red shirt, along with some dull grey pants. His duel disk, custom made, is a dark bronze with a black tinge
Personality: I'm going to go with PO on this one; I cannot for the life of me think of a way to describe him right
History: Max began dueling at a very early age. He was always obsessed with Dragon monsters, beginning with the day he and his childhood friend bought booster packs at their local shop and the very first card in Max's very first pack was the legendary Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon (his friend's first card happened to be Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning). From then, he strove to build the best dragon deck he could, acquiring cards such as Genesis Dragon, several Blue-Eyes White Dragons, and even a Prime Material Dragon. It is known that after he obtained the first Darkness Metal Dragon, there was an "incident" that left him ill for nearly three weeks. It wasn't long before Max went competitive; his dragon deck tore through the tournaments, and among one of the prizes for said tournament was an incredibly rare card- Five-Headed Dragon. At first Max began to use the mighty Fusion as his ace card, up until one intense duel where a direct attack from the mighty dragon was so violent that it nearly left Max's opponent in a coma. From there, he vowed to only use Five-Headed Dragon as a last resort, and it was around that time that his friend went competitive. Acquiring more dragons, such as Dragon master Knight and Black Skull Dragon, Max continued to be a powerful duelist, winning many tournaments. He found himself to be too good, as his continued victories drove his friend to seek Dark Horus and become corrupted by the Dark beast. Max tried to defeat Kailani in a duel, and was beaten in one turn. After this duel, Max wanted to do whatever it took to save Kailani, and when he returned to his home, he discovered a package, and in said package lay the Horus family. With these cards, Max vowed to rescue his childhood friend at all cost
Other:

Deck Inventory: Max runs a powerful Swarm-based dragon deck. The Horus monsters are a valuable asset to this deck, and Max has incorporated them with some support cards into his deck

Monsters:
3 Blue-Eyes White Dragon
1 Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon
1 Red-Eyes B. Dragon
2 Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
1 Lord of D.
1 Van'Dalgyon the Dark Dragon Lord
1 Decoy Dragon
1 Different Dimension Dragon
1 Divine Dragon Ragnarok
1 Genesis Dragon
2 Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV4