• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kindling Queen & moon-panther Vs. Full Metal Cookies & Grass King

Ok Roger - first we mess up Growlithe's plans - Taunt her! Then I want you to try and screw up Chaos - Night Slash! Aim for the belly! Finish up the round by trying to see if your HAX POWA works on flichhax too - Headbutt on Chaos.

Taunt @ Growlithe ~ Night Slash @ Chaos ~ Headbutt @ Chaos

Round 3
Team Party Guests

Full Metal Cookies {OOO}
enculli.png

[Roger] Enculli (Male)
<Mold Breaker>
Health: 46% -38%
Energy: 79% -11%
{-1 Defence}
Status: But I didn’t order a hot dog, dammit! D: (Get it? Hot dog? Growlithe?....... I'll shut up now)
Taunt @ Growlithe ~ Night Slash @ Chaos ~ Headbutt @ Chaos

Grass King {OOO}
061m.png

[Tadpole] Poliwhirl (Female)
<Water Absorb>
{King's Rock}
Health: 74% -16%
Energy: 86% -3%
Belly Drum ~ Earthquake ~ Earthquake

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Team Birthday Girl~

Kindling Queen {OOO}
058m.png

Growlithe (Female)
<Flash Fire>
Health: 36% -20%
Energy: 83% -12%
{*Flash Fire Active*}
Mimic/Rock Smash/Birthday Present~Reflect~Rest

moon-panther {OOO}
037m.png

[Chaos] Vulpix (Female)
<Flash Fire>
{Fire Stone}
Health: 72% -15%
Energy: 77% -12%
{*Flash Fire Active*}
Energy Ball @ Tadpole/ Confuse Ray @ Roger/ Spite @ Roger ~ Energy Ball @ Tadpole/ Confuse Ray @ Roger/ Spite @ Roger ~ Will-o-Wisp @ Roger/ Heat Wave.

POUND!! POUND!! POUND!!
A loud, hollow pounding echoes through the backyard-turned-battlefield – Tadpole has taken to aggressively beating her chest with a steady rhythm and beat. Eyes glued to the sky her chest starts to look rather raw as she manages to give herself a proper beating, her opponents watching with their heads tilted – it seems things have come to a halt for a moment; did that confusion finally kick it? She should be over it after all. As they watched, though, it was unmistakable the pure fighting spirit she was giving herself – muscles bulging and a stuttered, croaking roar emanating, enough was enough for Chaos. She proceeds to fire off another ball of energy Tadpole’s way, who looks down just in time to be smacked in the face with it. She hisses with an eerie croaking undertone – but isn’t done being bombarded yet. Growlithe is glowing too, having watched Chaos carefully she feels confident enough to focus her own natural energies into their green ethereal form – firing off at Tadpole she can only be knocked onto her back as the second searing projectile strikes. Roger merely sighs – in a way he was hoping Tadpole would stay down, he felt like he was taking more of a beating from her than the fire canines.
“Oi! Yappo!!” He calls out, “That the best you got now, is it? Have to resort to copying others? What a pathetic mangy little excuse for a pile of burnt fur-“ BARK!! BARK BARK!!!! Roger is cut off and bombarded with yet another auditory assault as Growlithe starts up again in full force – he merely closes his eyes and sighs again as the raving pup, no happier than before, rants and raves at his insults.

<Roger ~ -2E>
<Tadpole ~ -35HP / -5E>
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<Growlithe ~ -5E {*Taunted*}>
<Chaos ~ -5E>​

Tadpole is steaming. Picking herself up slowly, she stares down at her opponents. Muscles now bulging, but physical fatigue setting in, she takes out a powerful strike – a devastating stomp directly into the ground. Her foot burrows straight down as she’s surrounded by a small cloud of dust, a vicious fissure cracking across the ground. This time every onlooker ducks down as the ground rattles with tremendous force. Mr. Mime has to throw up a quick barrier to prevent his grill from being trashed, and the ref is knocked off her feet as the concrete patio itself splits. Everyone – Roger included – on the field is immensely shaken as the ground proceeds to tear itself apart.
Chaos manages to rise again first – whining as her aching limbs shakily force her body up off the ground. She doesn’t delay, or prance about any – tail still glowing, another Energy Ball flies towards Tadpole. With about the same results as before, Chaos swears to herself. That abomination needs to go down, NOW.
Growlithe isn’t in as good a shape. She can barely make it up, and collapses a few times in the interim. Her body is covered with cuts and abrasions, and she herself can barely stay conscious. She lets out a weak bark at Roger, but is simply no longer in any condition to be so miffed at the little imp. She hobbles a bit as she recalls her trainer’s orders, and with a tired bark begins to glow softly - both her and Chaos are cloaked in a shiny, translucent ethereal force field - with the rather unhappy Roger making his way up all the time. With a snarling hiss, he swipes at the rather taken aback Chaos with his sharp claws bared; tearing across her side with his dark power. She lets out a wail as she jumps backwards, but the blow isn't nearly as bad as it could have been - as her newfound protection lights up and Roger struggles to slice through it's turbulence to get to her.

<Roger ~ -16HP / -3E>
<Tadpole ~ -10HP / -5E>
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<Growlithe ~ -22HP}>
<Chaos ~ -27HP / -5E>​

The entire cast of the initial battlers are no doubt worn by now, with the arena already showing major damage not even a third of the way in. Tadpole wasn’t put off, though. With all the destructive power as before, she focuses her massive power trip into another devastating Earthquake. The ground splits and juts out at awkward angles as everyone in the area is again tossed about – particularly the unfortunate battlers, whom are thrown about like ragdolls.
The unfortunate fire pup lays on her side panting, simply unable to make her way back up as Kindling Queen recalls her with a Chaos is Shaken up, panting, and seething by now – She puffs her fur up with a heated fury. With a wispy howl, a blue-ish ball of flame flies towards Roger. It quickly washes over him, searing his skin all over as sparks fly about with his flailing and hissing. Rolling about the grass finally managing to put the fire out, he’s still left with an utterly uncomfortable, stinging burn all about his body. He’s meant to attack Chaos, but like this?... Still, he makes a charge at her.. albeit slowly, and he cringes with each step, his skin begging for him to just sit still. With a rather lacklustre *Whap* he bashes his head into Chaos. She merely moans and growls, but nonetheless recoils as she’s suddenly presented with a face full of Imp. But the poor little thing is barely in his right head, his own physical fatigue setting in and searing from his burns, he can only flop down to the ground after his attack. Growlithe, on the other hand, can barely move any more. But she's still standing, only with the help of her protective skill. Stumbling about, she simply flops down as close as she can make it to the heated grill - falling asleep and hoping to catch some much needed rest.

<Roger ~ -19HP / -2E>
<Tadpole ~ -5E>
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<Growlithe ~ +22HP -16E>
<Chaos ~ -12HP / -3E>​

Team Party Guests

Full Metal Cookies {OOO}
enculli.png

[Roger] Enculli (Male)
<Mold Breaker>
Health: 9% -37%
Energy: 72% -7%
{-1 Defence}

Grass King {OOO}
061m.png

[Tadpole] Poliwhirl (Female)
<Water Absorb>
{King's Rock}
Health: 29% -45%
Energy: 71% -15%
Status: CROAK! *Pound Pound* *Battletoads Pose* USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Team Birthday Girl~

Kindling Queen {OOO}
058m.png

Growlithe (Female)
<Flash Fire>
Health: 25% -11%
Energy: 64%
{*Flash Fire Active*}

moon-panther {OOO}
037m.png

[Chaos] Vulpix (Female)
<Flash Fire>
{Fire Stone}
Health: 28% -44%
Energy: 64% -13%
{*Flash Fire Active*}

Terrain Notes
Fissures line the landscape, Mr. Mime is grilling on an incline, the patio the ref has been standing on has split and most of the party guests are sitting on the ground now as standing isn’t an option with all these quakes going off. Many spots of grass look burnt and charred.

Ref Notes
~ MASSIVE apologies for lateness. >_< I’ve had a lot going on lately and just been unable to sit down and write more than a sentence or two at a time. Really, really sorry. I’ll try to knock these out faster, but I hope you all understand the delays. If it becomes too much a problem just say so..
~ Roger finally rolled a non critical Night Slash.. xP But he did in fact flinch the Headbutt. However Flinch will not carry between rounds.

~ KQ Sends out her next Pokemon
~ FMC and GC Attack
~ KQ and MP Attack
~ Ref is lazy

Last edited:
That's for Pokémon that wouldn't already learn those moves by TM in a real game (i.e., I taught my Luxio Counter there because Counter is not a TM in Luxio's generation). All Pokémon have access to all moves they can possibly learn in all of their respective generations by default, so RBY TMs that are no longer TMs are still valid for RBY Pokémon, GSC TMs are still valid for RBY/GSC Pokémon, so on and so forth.

Alright, so I'm stupid, forgetful, stupid, lazy, busy, and stupid. >_<'''
I've fixed up the reffing damage. Growlithe survives with the help of reflect and begins to rest, and.. somehow I missed the EQ damage from round 3 on Chaos. That has been corrected as well. KQ no longer needs to send out a new 'Poke, and FMC and GK may now attack first.

Waterfall on Chaos three times. If they successfully Protect/Detect, then use Aqua Ring once, and if they successfully Protect/Detect again after that, use Defense Curl.

Waterfall @ Chaos / Aqua Ring @ Self ~ Waterfall @ Chaos / Aqua Ring @ Self / Defense Curl @ Self ~ Waterfall @ Chaos / Aqua Ring @ Self / Defense Curl @ Self

Okay Roger, hang in there baby! If you have to go down, go down kicking and give Growlithe a Night Slash! Keep doing that; you can go it, baby! As usual, switch tagets if your main one Protects/detects.

Night Slash @ Growlithe / Night Slash @ Chaos x3

Alright Chaos. Seems the tqadpole over there is gunning for you. Well, if you are going to go out, you may as well go out fighting!

Use Heat Wave to attack the two before you. Burn the little pests and make sure that they truly feel the burn. If you do happen to survive the assault and Roger is gone, then use Energy Ball at the Tadpole. But if he still lives, use another Heat Wave.

You can do this baby, I just know it! Drag that leech to hell with you!

Heat Wave ~ Energy Ball/Heat Wave ~ Energy Ball/ Heat Wave

Heehee, thee we go. Now let's see...The Heat Wave is going to strike before Roger gets to hurt you so he's out of the game according to my calculations. I could be wrong but...I'll take my chances. Since you're resting you can stay put. Let your health come back. If you awaken with still an extra turn or two go and get a present. Then take a nice Chill. Just make sure you get your present before you chill. Otherwise you're free from harm and warmed by the grill.

Present~Present/Chill~Present/Chill

{Is presently too alarmed to interfere with Cookies and moony O_o o_O}

Heehee, thee we go. Now let's see...The Heat Wave is going to strike before Roger gets to hurt you so he's out of the game according to my calculations. I could be wrong but...I'll take my chances. Since you're resting you can stay put. Let your health come back. If you awaken with still an extra turn or two go and get a present. Then take a nice Chill. Just make sure you get your present before you chill. Otherwise you're free from harm and warmed by the grill.

Present~Present/Chill~Present/Chill

{Is presently too alarmed to interfere with Cookies and moony O_o o_O}

Back
Top Bottom