• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Black and White

Re: Pokémon Black and White

"Burn, baby, burn!", it says, playing Reshiram's cry, and then it tells me it sounds like something's rampaging up there. I assume N's up there too, but that made me snortle all the same.

"Burn, baby, burn!", it says, playing Reshiram's cry, and then it tells me it sounds like something's rampaging up there. I assume N's up there too, but that made me snortle all the same.

Yes. This. Apparently it isn't nearly as funny in Black, though.

Beat the story last night. The final battle theme, while not outdoing Primal Dialga, is now the greatest final boss theme of any main series game for me.

I'd also like to note that Ghetsis outdoes Lance in terms of being a cheater. Why? Level. 54. Hydreigon.

Team:

Zekrom: Level 51. I'm pleased with how useful this guy became during the last two battles. That Archeops never knew what hit it!

Samurott: Level 54. The mainstay of my team. Razor Shell and Revenge kill just about anything they hit (though it did take a few hits to down that Hydreigon...)

Zweilous: Level 53. Also a heavy attacker. Dragon Rush is a fantastic ability for him.

Krookodile (Jutlin): Level 48. Moxie is a fantastic ability. It and Crunch/Foul Play cut down anything that's not Dark resistant

Druddigon (Eltanin): Level 49. Not all too bad of an attacker. Can take a few hits and dish out a few hits, and Rough Skin combined with Rocky Helmet punish the enemy for direct attacks

Cofagrigus (Supay): Level 46. The unofficial wall of my team, Supay can take more hits than anyone else on my team (it has fantastic defense, and a beneficial nature). Power Split and Curse are the attacks I tend to abuse when using it.

...Wait what? I'm in Black City right now and I never beat Ghetsis...

a) Haven't you already finished the game, and b) are you sure you're not confusing it with Opelucid if you haven't? Black City and White Forest are very definitely only accessible in the endgame.

This made me laugh too. A little bit startled, I repeated what had popped up on the screen, and my sister quickly replied "Disco Inferno!"

I forgot to mention that Castelia City is huge. The first time I went in I started looking for the place to go get Victini and I got lost. Why can't the town map be more like a ... helpful map? Not saying it isn't useful the way it is, but it would be nice if it still had that feature where you could zoom in and see how far you were from the Pokemon Center and such.

I'm currently training Tumadoir, my Tirtouga, so that I can fight the last gym. He still needs around 14 more levels, but he's already gained 7 in the last hour or so... hehe. So I think I'll be able to advance again soon enough.

Well, managed to beat the story! Ghetsis, you are a bloody cheater. How'd I manage to defeat you on my first try I'll never know. Also, I think Team Plasma may very well be the first team I've ever gotten angry at for story reasons. May have to do with my intolerance of hypocrisy, but hearing them say "we built the castle by overworking Pokemon!" "This Pokemon is attached to me, but I only see it as a tool." and etc. made me a little mad. Only a little though, cause it's a Pokemon game. Still pretty cool that this game has managed to bring out more emotion from me than most Pokemon games.

Also, N's Room...There's a train in the basket ball hoop. And in the toy box. And the train tracks are broken apart. Since the stuff had been used recently, perhaps he was releasing his frustration and/or confusion at happy Pokemon alongside trainers on the train...

Them Cyber Ninjas are crazy, though. Just the way they pop outta nowhere is unnerving.

Anyways, I'd like to play more of the game, but my DSi's batteries were running a little low, I want to slow down some, and I need to train my Pokemon big time for the end game, since I believe only Zekrom is above level 50. The rest of my mons are in the 40s...

Actually, backtracking a little bit, that emotion thing I mentioned. There was one thing Bianca said that had me a little curious. She said that she would like to be a model like Elesa and to understand Pokemon like Juniper. Oddly enough, this had me thinking about our expectations for females in society. To clarify, in my mind I started at "She wants to be a model?" because I can't understand why'd someone would willingly chose to be one. I've never really had a Pokemon game provoke this much thought from me other than in regards to the in game stuff and fitting pieces of the games together. I guess it's a sign that they really are making these games deeper.

Anywho...that was a lengthy one, wasn't it?

At Victory Road now.

OH MY GOD Deino is the most adorable rampaging consume-everything dragon babby there is. Brb filling a box with them until I get one with a good nature.

I'm also kind of... not pleased with my Cofagrigus. It's become less and less useful over time, and right now it's really underleveled. I'm thinking of trying Chandelure instead.

I hatched a shiny Larvesta. :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD E4 music<Gym leader music. I love the begining of the leader.

Taking on my black version now (LOL I GOT BOTH)

Anyways just beat Elesa:

Louis (Servine) 27
Leaf Tornado, Vine Whip, Tackle, Growth
He's a frenchman, given a typical attitude for such.

Boris (Drilbur) 26
Dig, Metal Claw, Rock Smash, Hone Claws
Russian miner, rough and gruff attitude.

Bertrand (Sawk) 27
Low Sweep, Rock Tomb, Bide, Focus Energy
German karate fighter, anyone shittin bricks yet?

Ramone (Darumakka) 27
Fire Punch, Headbutt, Thief, Rock Smash
Dutch wrestler, kind outlook to all

Alejandro (Tirtouga) 27
Aqua Jet, Crunch, Rock Tomb, Wide Guard
Cuban defense artist, trustworthy, but rude

Richard (Mincinno) 26
Tail Slap, Dig, Theif, Sing
English theif, con, and all around faux-posh. Doesn't mind dirt...

So yeah...

Finally, you don't faint from poison if you keep on trucking! OH YEAAAAH

I. FINALLY. BEAT. THE. GAME. OMAGOSH.

Some eventful things:

I used up my one and probably only Critical Capture on a Deino. blegh.

I also found a shiny Excadrill in a dust cloud in victory road. SHINY.

My team as of beating Ghestis:

Mienshao level 55. U-Turn, Bounce, Jump Kick, Drain Punch
Beheeyem level 52. Shadow Ball, Psychic, Calm Mind, Recover.
Reuniclus level 52. Flash Cannon, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Pain Split.
Lampent level 52. Flame Burst, Inferno, Shadow Ball, Hex.
Scrafty level 53. Dragon Claw, Hi Jump Kick, Brick Break, Crunch.
Bisharp level 53. X-Scissor, Metal Claw, Night Slash, Brick Break.

I have to say, best game so far. I liked N's final battle theme the best. Especially with the clocks in the background. nice touch.

Epic. Game. Period.

Last edited:

Kinda love N.

"You're looking for Team Plasma? Follow me oh wait they're not here let's ride the Ferris wheel."

EDIT: Goddamnit you are a boy why are you so pretty

Last edited:

Anyone else using the GTS Negotiations feature? I'm addicted, it's like a drug I swear.

I'm mostly using it to trade shinies I've acquired off the regular GTS/gotten ingame. (I have no qualms about cheating to rename traded Pokemon. "the thoughts and memories of their trainer" my ass. Not when it's named QUILAVA. :T)

Also now I kinda get my friend's rabid fangirlish love for N. He. Is. Adorable.

Finally, you don't faint from poison if you keep on trucking! OH YEAAAAH
Actually, I think they implemented this in the 4th Gen... where they'd have it reduce your HP to 1 instead of faint you. But here, the poison doesn't reduce your HP at all. Which I guess is cool.

Explanation, please?

It's the second option when you pick the GTS from the wifi counter.

Basically, you're set up with a random person who is also searching for a trade. The only way you can communicate is through showing each other Pokemon and 4 preset emoticons.

It's a good way to screw around on a Sunday night, as well as trading shinies for shinies and such. The trades are a lot less ridiculous then on the regular GTS (LV9 RESHIRAM, LOL).

Shit, that sounds like my deal. I'll try it out as soon as I'm done training.

Speaking of:

Tripjaw [archeops, M, lv80]
Kabutan [escavalier, M, lv78]
Sharps [druddigon, M, lv68]
Mitos [reuniclus, M, lv67]
Caeru [golurk, M, lv66]
Dharma [darmanitan, M, lv65]

Probably going to train the last four tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom