• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Blacktitress vs Coroxn(Ref: Skyman)

Skyman

Well, it's been a while hasn't it?
Pronoun
she
Battle Format~~A quick 3v3 Battle, two trainers (including me), three Pokémon per trainer.
Battle Style~~Set
DQ Time~~One Week
Damage Cap~~40%
Banned and Restricted Moves~~One Hit K-Ohs.
Arena Description~~~~~A very simple beach. To one side is the sea, to the other is a sheer cliff, full of sharp and dangerous rocks. The sandy stretch is about fifty feet from coast to shore. The sea is deep enough for purely aquatic Pokemon, the sand is perfect for digging in and sky is wide open and perfect for Flying in. This arena is suitable, no matter what Pokemon you plan to use.

BlackTitress's Active Squad

snivy.png

Nagendra the Male Snivy
Ability: Overgrow
More info...

zorua.png

Blanka the Female Zorua
Ability: Illusion
More info...

rufflet.png

Arkaitz the Male Rufflet
Ability: Sheer Force
More info...

ralts.png

Avalon the Male Ralts
Ability: Trace
More info...

Coroxn's Active Squad

starly.png

Skywing the Male Starly
Ability: Keen Eye
More info...

Piplup.png

Blueblade the Male Piplup
Ability: Torrent
More info...

Shellder.png

The Fence the Male Shellder
Ability: Shell Armor
Holding: Water Stone

The RNG gods dictate that

-Coroxn sends out
-Blacktitress sends out and attacks
-Coroxn attacks
-I ref

Note before sendout: Cor, I was unable to find your entire active squad due to your public profile being unavailable to me. So I need the rest of it before you can send out, seeing as you have only 2 pokemon that I could find across all means of finding out.

Now that that is settled, you may send out Coroxn

Last edited:
I'll send out my Shellder, The Fence, mainly because he can overcome type disadvantages with his ice moves.

Alright Nagendra, you're up!

Toxic that foolish shell to start and then follow with a Grass Knot. End with Hidden Power. If he tries to do damage to you on the second or third round, use Taunt instead. If it hits the second round though, don't worry about it the third round.

Toxic~Grass Knot/Taunt~Hidden Power/Taunt(unless used last round)

Toxic, eh? That's a good idea. Mind of I steal it? I knew you wouldn't. O.K, The Fence, after Toxic show the pair why you're the perfect choice for this battle-unleash an Ice Beam, then a Blizzard! Should take them down a peg or two.

Toxic~Ice Beam~Blizzard

Battle Format~~A quick 3v3 Battle, two trainers (including me), three Pokémon per trainer.
Battle Style~~Set
DQ Time~~One Week
Damage Cap~~40%
Arena Description~~~~~A very simple beach. To one side is the sea, to the other is a sheer cliff, full of sharp and dangerous rocks. The sandy stretch is about fifty feet from coast to shore. The sea is deep enough for purely aquatic Pokemon, the sand is perfect for digging in and sky is wide open and perfect for Flying in. This arena is suitable, no matter what Pokemon you plan to use.

Pre-round

The beach was a perfectly normal one, excluding the fact that there is a sheer cliff to one side. Of course, this made it perfect for a battle, just like every other serene place in the universe.

Out of nowhere, 3 people materialized in the middle of the beach, and after shaking off their original confusion, they split up. One went to the far left, another went to the far right, while the third went to the top middle. After a moment of deliberation from the ones on the left and right, they both got out a small red-and-white ball and threw them out. From the left, a Snivy emerged, acting as smug as ever. From the right, a small shellder emerged, raring for a fight. Both trainers issued their commands, and await the referee to start the match. After throwing out his Gardevoir and having her guarantee his protection, he signaled for the round to begin.

Team Blacktitress
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Snivy.png

Nagrenda (Male)
Ability: Overgrow
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Toxic~Grass Knot/Taunt~Hidden Power/Taunt(unless used last round)

Team Coroxn
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Shellder.png

The Fence (Male)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Toxic~Ice Beam~Blizzard

Round 1 begins!

Immediately, Nagrenda began to gather up his stomach acids inside of him. It was a foul tasting concoction due to the large amount of toxins in it, and as soon as it was ready Nagrenda rushed over and spat it out on The Fence. Enraged, and slightly woozy from this, he decided to return the favor. After gathering his own toxins up very quickly, he spat it out at the Snivy. Growling and also slightly woozy, Nagrenda backed off a few feet, awaiting his foes next move.

The Fence took this moment to execute the next part of his plan. Gathering up the power of ice in his body, he began to focus it into a beam just in front of his mouth. Seeing this, Nagrenda began hurling insult after insult at The Fence, ranging from how Unova was so much better than Kanto, to bragging about what amazing achievements he has done, to straight up saying that The Fence will be "forever alone." This only served to enrage The Fence, causing him to rapidly charge up the beam of ice in his mouth until finally, he could charge it up no more. Firing it at the Snivy, he was pretty smug as it hit him square in the face. Of course, it changed to shock when Nagrenda's form changed from a Snivy into his true form-Blanka, the Zorua!

Slightly annoyed at her true form being revealed, she went on to the last part of her commands. Concentrating, she began to slightly glow as many multicolored orbs began to form around her. As more and more orbs gathered around her, it became harder and harder to hold into it, until finally she could no longer hold on to the power. Firing it off, she grinned as they all hit The Fence straight on with powerful dragon-like energy. After the barrage was over with, The Fence was MAD at being made a fool. Gathering up even more ice power than before, he began to blow huge icy winds at Blanka, with the intent to freeze her now and forever. Unfortunately for The Fence, Blanka was far too fast for the blast this time around, and nimbly dodged the incoming wind. Instead of freezing Blanka, it froze part of the beach and about 10 feet out into the water. After that, the ref signaled the round was over and the trainers could make their next commands. Of course, at this point both battlers felt a little nauseous as the toxins in both of their bodies sank into their bloodstreams.

Team Blacktitress
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Zorua.png

Blanka (Female)
Health: 90%
Energy: 88%
Status: You found me out! Toxicpoisoned(1% this round, 2% next round), hidden power dragon
Commands: Toxic~Taunt~Hidden Power

Team Coroxn
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Shellder.png

The Fence (Male)
Health: 92%
Energy: 81%
Status: Irritated at the round's results. Toxicpoisoned(1% this round, 2% the next), taunted(1 more action)
Commands: Toxic~Ice Beam~Blizzard

Calcs:

Toxic: 3% energy
Toxic: 3% energy
Taunt: 4% energy
Ice Beam: 9% damage, 7% energy
Hidden Power: 7% damage, 5% energy
Blizzard: 12% damage, 9% energy(missed)

Notes:

-The ice beam revealed Blanka's true form
-Although not listed due to my laziness, Nagrenda is now in reserve due to being used as the illusion fodder
-Hidden power rolled dragon, so it is now dragon-typed for Blanca
-Blizzard was a miss

Arena Notes:

-There is a section of the beach frozen
-For about 10 feet out into the water near that frozen beach, the water is frozen over enough to walk on(although its not the sturdiest)

Up next:

-Coroxn attacks
-Blacktitress attacks
-I ref

If you see any errors, please point them out to me. This is my first time reffing(excluding the mock, of course.)

Last edited:
thanks for pointing it out. Its fixed now(unless I screwed up how much longer he is taunted).

This isn't exactly how I hoped my first match would turn out. First off, use Ice Beam again, hopefully this time he'll freeze. Your both poisoned, so let's draw it out for this poor Zorua-use Surf to ride a huge wave, and drag Blanka out to sea! If for any reason the first Surf doesn't work, try it again for your final action-if it does work, use Dive to drag Blanka down to the seabed. Water is your element, if you pull it off, the next few rounds should be easier.

Ice Beam~Surf~Dive/Surf

Alright, let's try something a little different. Dig on the first action in hopes of avoiding the Ice Beam, return to the surface in the second action, then use Protect at the end.

Dig~Return to Surface~Protect

Battle Style~~Set
DQ Time~~One Week
Damage Cap~~40%

Pre-Round

After the trainers gave their orders-and the ref flying up on his Staraptor to avoid the coming wave-he signaled for the round to begin.

Team Blacktitress
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Zorua.png

Blanka (Female)
Energy: 88%
Status: You found me out! Toxicpoisoned(2% this round, 3% next round), hidden power dragon
Commands: Dig~Return to Surface~Protect

Team Coroxn
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Shellder.png

The Fence (Male)
Health: 92%
Energy: 81%
Status: Irritated at the round's results. Toxicpoisoned(2% this round, 3% the next), taunted(1 more action)
Commands: Ice Beam~Surf~Dive/Surf

Round 2 begins!

The Fence, irritated at this damn shapeshifter, was glad at the chance to turn her into a solid block of ice. Charging up ice energy in his mouth, he was confident that this would do what his trainer wanted. After a few seconds, he fired it off at Blaka-only for it to shoot past where she used to be and hit the cliff, freezing it and making it slippery. Enraged, he looked around and saw a hole right where she used to be. Blanka had dug down in order to get out of the way of the ice beam, and was now sitting smugly at the bottom of her little hole.

Once she felt that it was safe, she dug back up to ground level, then sat down and turned to where The Fence was with a grin on her face. That grin was wiped off, however, when she saw that he had gathered up a tidal wave of sheer doom, and it was heading straight for her. Yelping, she could do nothing as it crashed down upon her and dragged her out to sea. She managed to flail around for a few seconds before finally correcting herself and started to tread water.

The Fence was, for once, gleeful. It seemed that at the moment, everything was going to go according to plan(excluding the ice beam mishap). He knew he couldn't just stand there and bask in the success just yet, however. He still had to finish the last part. Gearing up his body, he dove underwater for just a moment. Once that moment passed, he shot up into the air and then came crashing down onto Blanka, intending to drag her down with him to the bottom. What he did not expect, however, was hitting the green protective barrier that was around her. Enraged once again, and his face hurting a little bit, The Fence jumped back a couple of feet and shot a death stare at Blanka as she continued to tread water, with most of her smugness gone.

Round 2 over!

Team Blacktitress
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Zorua.png

Blanka (Female)
Health: 77%
Energy: 68%
Status: Get me out of the water before he drowns me! D= Toxicpoisoned(2% this round, 3% next round), hidden power dragon
Commands: Dig~Return to Surface~Protect

Team Coroxn
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Shellder.png

The Fence (Male)
Energy: 61%
Status: Getting annoyed with this shiftshaper. Toxicpoisoned(2% this round, 3% the next)
Commands: Ice Beam~Surf~Dive

Damage/Energy Calcs:

Dig: 8% energy
Ice Beam: 9% damage, 7% energy(miss)
Return to surface: 2% energy
Surf: 11% damage, 6% energy
Protect: 10% energy
Dive: 8% damage, 8% energy(protected against)

Notes:

-Sorry for the lateness!
-Since she wasn't commanded to attack The Fence when she dug up, Blanka did not attack him
-The battlers are now in the ocean, with The Fence floating on the water and Blanka treading water

Arena notes:

-The sheer cliff is now partly frozen over
-The ice in the water and the beach is still around, although it is starting to melt

Up Next:

-Blacktitress attacks
-Coroxn attacks
-I ref(hopefully on time!)

Last edited:
Okay, The Fence, for some reason she isn't trying to flee the water-she's trying to attack whilst floating. A bad idea, methinks.....
So, first of, whilst she's calming himself down, use Whirlpool to rile her back up again! Have it so that she is sucked a little way under the water, if you will.

She'll then attempt to fire a ball of shadow-it will originate from her mouth, so what I want you to do before than is clamp her in the back of the neck, so that the ball cannot possibly reach you. She should be so occupied by the Whirlpool that you can get in before she makes her move. Plus, you're underwater, which is your turf, so you should DEFINITELY move first.
If you do manage to CLAMP her, use Dive, and drag that pest down to the bottom of the sea. And STAY THERE, for Pete's sake, we want to drown this dog.

If for any reason the clamp fails, flee in your last action. You're Pokédex entry claims that you swim by closing your shell so fast you shoot backwards-prove it right by doing just that and escaping the DARK PULSE. Apparently, you do it naturally, so it should take you very little energy-but waist heeps of hers.

Whirlpool~Clamp~Dive/Propulsion-based-escape

(Propulsion-based-escape isn't a move, but it's something that Shelder does to move around, so it shouldn't be outside the stretch of anyone's imagination that it could do this).

Blacktitress [OOO]
[Blanka] zorua (Female) <Illusion>
Energy: 68%
Status: Get me out of the water before he drowns me! D= Poisoned (Severe, 2% this round, 3% next round) | Hidden power: dragon

Coroxn [OOO]
[The Fence] shellder (Male) <Shell Armor>
Energy: 61%
Status: Getting annoyed with this shiftshaper. Poisoned (Severe, 2% this round, 3% next round)

Round three

Coughing and spluttering, Blanka tries her best to calm herself down and clear her mind. It isn’t particularly easy, as she’s completely out of her element right now. She paddles her legs frantically and attempts to swim a little closer to the beach, all the while concentrating on keeping calm and clearing her head of any negative thoughts. Eventually, she feels her panic beginning to fade a little as she focuses her mind, and her frantic paddling slows to gentle strokes as she finally approaches shallower water.

The Fence peers out at the swimming Zorua, wondering why she seems to be slowing down. Still looking a little disgruntled, he closes his eyes and concentrates on manipulating the ocean’s currents. The water around the chilled out Blanka gradually begins to stir in response, and Blanka suddenly jolts upright again as she feels the tides begin to shift. She cringes as the water begins to swirl and twist around her, swiftly dragging her into the centre of the aquatic twister and back into the deeper waters. She gives a yelp and frantically pedals her legs, but the current proves to be too strong, and she is left desperately trying to keep her muzzle above water as the whirlpool tosses her around like a rag doll.

Looking a little brighter, The Fence hops across the sand, his shell clacking loudly as he makes his way towards the inviting water. His progress is somewhat awkward, but he eventually makes it into the ocean with one final hop, and allows himself to drift out towards his floundering opponent.

Blanka disgustedly spits out sea water as she struggles desperately against the pull of the current. Every time she tries to open her mouth to prepare a shadow ball, she swallows another revolting gulp of the salt water, which only adds to her rapidly growing panic and frustration. The Fence is quick to take advantage of his opponent’s misfortune, and as soon as he swims close enough, he leaps forward and clamps down hard on the scruff of her neck.

Blanka gives a yelp of pain as The Fence digs his tough shell deep into her coat, and she wildly flails about in fresh panic. The Fence clings onto her tenaciously, and keeps squeezing his shell tighter as she struggles. Growing desperate, Blanka makes another attempt at forming a shadow ball, and tries to ignore the revolting water that gets in her mouth. A shadowy sphere of pitch black energy forms in her mouth, slowly revolving around as it grows in strength.
Blanka tries to twist around to get a better aim at the Shellder, but thanks to her less than stellar swimming skills, she just splashes around helplessly. Eventually, she’s forced to unleash the botched shadow ball, and the ragged orb of energy zig zags uselessly into the air.

Feeling pleased with his success, The Fence digs his shell ever deeper on the flailing Zorua, and prepares to drag her underwater. He tugs down sharply, and Blanka gives a wail of pain as she kicks out with her back legs. It's bad enough being trapped way out in this whirlpool, there's no way she's going down underwater! As she continues to struggle, The Fence pulls even harder, and he finally manages to submerge the frantic Zorua in the swirling water.

She gives a soundless yell of horror and peddles her legs madly as she attempts to resurface, while The Fence clings to her doggedly. It's becoming horribly difficult to keep a hold of her however, as the shock of being submerged has caused her to struggle more madly than ever. Eventually she decides that she needs to really give that Shellder a good sharp shock in order to release her, and a dark pulse sounds like a good option.

Her lungs are burning from the lack of oxygen and she's aching from the pain in her neck, so it's fairly easy for her to summon up a head full of dark, nasty thoughts. She gives a soundless, underwater snarl, and an inky wave of dark energy blasts outward from her body. The Fence's eyes widen in shock as the expanding wave of darkness crashes into him, causing him to lose his grip on the tricky Zorua. He flails backwards as the dark energy burns into his shell, while the relieved Blanka hastily makes her escape. She paddles up to the surface and savours the lungful of air she inhales, although she is disappointed to see the whirlpool is still tearing around her. She whimpers as she paddles madly against the vicious current, and looks longingly over at the shore.

Meanwhile, a slightly dazed looking Shellder emerges close by, his large eyes blinking rapidly from the dark confines of his shell. Well, that didn't work quite according to plan, but he still has the edge at least.

End of round three

Blacktitress [OOO]
[Blanka] zorua (Female) <Illusion>
Health: 58%
Energy: 43%
Status: Panic-stricken about her near miss, and badly wanting out of the water. + 1 special attack, + 1 special defense | Trapped in a whirlpool (To last two more actions), Poisoned (Severe, 3% this round, 4% next round) | Hidden power: dragon

Coroxn [OOO]
[The Fence] shellder (Male) <Shell Armor>
Energy: 44%
Status: A little disappointed, but looking quite at home out in the water. Poisoned (Severe, 3% this round, 4% next round)

Arena notes

The sheer cliff is now partly frozen over. The ice in the water and the beach is still around, although it is starting to melt.

Battle notes

- Shadow ball missed.
- Blanka took damage from being forcefully submerged, and it decreased the accuracy of dark pulse (it still rolled a hit however). The Fence couldn't keep her down for very long I'm afraid, as Pokémon tend to react very violently when you attempt to drown them. Who knew?
- The Fence used extra energy to try and drag Blanka down.
- Blanka also used extra energy for swimming.
- Coroxn attacks first.​

Use Rain Dance. Then swim over to her and use Ice Beam on her. Use Whirlpool again as your last action.

Rain Dance~Ice Beam~Whirlpool

Coroxn wins by DQ. He gets $8, me and Skyman both get $5.

Blanka and The Fence earn one experience point each.

Back
Top Bottom