• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Planned Teams for Platinum?

After game team: (Fully evolved)

Charizard: F
Flygon: M
Luxray: M
Espeon: F
Gallade: M
Mothim: M

Main game team: (Fully evolved)

Infernape: F
Absol: F
Floatzel: M
Garchomp: M
Victreebel: M
Crobat: F

Of course it probably won't work out how i want it, but that's okay.

Hmm... I don't have a strategy really but these are the Pokémon in my team:

Torterra or Empoleon
Staraptor
Dialga or Giratina
Magnezone or Umbreon
Luxray
Mamoswine or Houndoom

Whee! Platinum. ^^

GALLADE (Is a must for me.)
Roserade (A favorite.)
Scyther (I don't know, I just want it...)
Garchomp
Gyrados (Need Water type.)
Infernape

I don't go by stats or power, I go by if I like them, if they learn good moves, and not doubling up types. Call me weird if you wish, but that's how I roll. ^^

Tyranitar ♂ (Dark/Rock)
Nickname: Bangirasu
Moves:
Dark Pulse
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Thunderbolt

Typhlosion ♂ (Fire)
Nickname: Bakufun
Moves:
Heat Wave
Double Edge
Eruption
Howl

Mismagius ♀ (Ghost)
Nickname: Muumajii
Moves:
Perish Song
Pain Split
Shadow Ball
Rest / Secret Power / Grudge

Froslass ♀ (Ice/Ghost)
Nickname: Yukimenoko
Moves:
Powder Snow / Ice Beam
Ice Shard
Blizzard
Destiny Bond

Flygon ♂ (Ground/Dragon)
Nickname: Furaigon
Moves:
Dragon Claw
Draco Meteor
Earth Power / Fissure
Stone Edge / Endure

Swampert ♀ (Water/Ground)
Nickname: Rugaji
Moves:
Surf / Hydro Cannon
Water Pulse
Endure
Endeavor

Side Notes: The nicknames are supposed to be the Japanese names of the Pokemon. Also, I realize that you know the types of these Pokemon; they're written out for my benefit. If there is a thread where people can get help organizing teams, then I will post this there where it will be open for criticism.

I guess I should have a main-game team also:
Torterra
Luxray
Drifblim
Lucario
Houndoom
Glaceon / Vaporeon

EDIT: Oops, thanks Umbreon-dana.

Last edited:
Um, Amaguq, Froslass is Ice/Ghost.

Anyways:
bronzong.png
drapion.png
flareon2.png
floatzel.png
luxray2.png
togekiss.png

Bronzong
~ Hypnosis
~ Gyro Ball
~ Psychic
~ Block

Drapion
~ Cut
~ Crunch
~ Cross Poison
~ Rock Climb

Flareon
~ Rock Smash
~ Flamethrower
~ Quick Attack
~ Fire Spin

Floatzel
~ Surf
~ Waterfall
~ Ice Fang
~ Return

Luxray
~ Spark
~ Strength
~ Crunch
~ Protect/Filler

Togekiss
~ Fly
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice Beam
~ Wish

I'll just go with the flow. It's fun to be impromptu, as planning isn't always going to work. However, I will get a female Eevee, for breeding and stuff. (It must never evolve...)

I don't go by stats or power, I go by if I like them, if they learn good moves, and not doubling up types. Call me weird if you wish, but that's how I roll.

That's called "normal." Just because the Internet is full of the competitive-battling-only type doesn't mean it's weird to be anything else.

Anyway... I'm definitely starting with Turtwig in Platinum, and I think I'll probably end up training a Chimecho since I never did in the 3rd-gen games (due to them being pretty close to impossible to find)... plus, the last time I used a Psychic-type was a Solrock in my last Ruby playthrough, so it'll be something different. Other than that, I'm not going to even attempt to plan anything ahead.

I don't go by stats or power, I go by if I like them, if they learn good moves, and not doubling up types. Call me weird if you wish, but that's how I roll. ^^

I don't think anyone does ingame XD

I half go by it(I am NOT getting a Magikarp if it was my favorite Pokemon) and I use types good for the E4 then change my team to Competitive(replace Pokemon and things)

i preordered an english platinum game, i've got 3 possibilities for teams so far:
standard team:
InfernapeRaichuOctilleryLickilickyLeafeonGliscor
mid-evo team:
MonfernoLuxioGabiteMarillRoseliaKirlia
first-evo team:
ChimcharElekidSwinubBuizelTangelaAbra
depends on how difficult i want the game to be

Okay, changed my mind again. I finally decided that as much as I like Toxicroak, I've used it in every single D/P team I've ever had and now I'd like a change. :V This time I'm going all-out with "Pokemon I've never used or really even cared about before":

Infernape
Yanmega
Drifblim
Luxray
Lumineon
Porygon Z

I have used a Luxray before, actually, but I can't think of a better Pokemon to fill that void. I haven't done Luxray to death unlike some Pokemon, though.

Infernape
Yanmega
Drifblim
Luxray
Lumineon
Porygon Z

I have used a Luxray before, actually, but I can't think of a better Pokemon to fill that void. I haven't done Luxray to death unlike some Pokemon, though.

Rotom? It may be a ghost type, but it is also Electric and has Levitate, so...

Lets see...

Empoleon(have him now)
lucario
Infernape(have a chimchar)
flygon
absol
luxray(have her)

Just some guys I like

Last edited:
I'm thinking my team might be:

Swampert
Absol

I'm thinking of trying to complete Platinum with only a single duo. It's like the single imported Pokemon challenge, but a bit less demanding, since I dunno if I'm THAT good at Pokemon. To get them onto PT, I'll just make babies of those Pokemon, give them the only moves they know at level 5, and import them to Platinum.

I'm thinking of playing it slightly different to what me and my sis normally do, which is getting all three starters. I'll probably go Empoleon, Crobat, Gallade/Gardevoir, Houndoom or a different Fire type, Glalie/Froslass, and Tangrowth or Roserade. Otherwise, it'll be Empoleon, Infernape, Torterra, Crobat, Bronzong and Glalie/Froslass or something similar.

Okay, I decided:
Empoleon
Crobat
Gallade
Houndoom
Bronzong
Tangrowth

Last edited:
Torterra
-Wood Hammer
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Curse

Houndoom
-Nasty Plot
-Flamethrower
-Dark Pulse
-Will-o-Wisp

Gyrados
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Dragon Dance
-Thunder Wave

Garchomp
-Swords Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Crunch

Gallade
-Night Slash
-Swords Dance
-Psycho Cut
-Close Combat

Bronzong
-Gyro Ball
-Payback
-Psychic
-Confuse Ray

By the time I get to the Pokemon League, I hope to have:

Torterra
Sythesis
Crunch
Leaf Storm
Earthquake

Luxray
Discharge
Roar
Crunch
Scary Face

Gardevoir
Calm Mind
Psychic
Magical Leaf
Future Sight

Mismagius
Psybeam
Perish Song
Magical Leaf
Shadow Ball

Weavile
Night Slash
Taunt
Icy Wind
Metal Claw

Bibarel
Obligatory HM slave; needs no move listing.

Probably won't use Fly because I'm cool like that.

Alright, one more time I'll redo the team, but this one is going to be the final one. Hopefully

Empoleon
hydro Pump
Surf
Flash Cannon
Waterfall

Luxray
Thunder Fang
Crunch
Spark
Scary Face

Gallade
Psycho Cut
Night Slash
Sword Dance
Brick Break

Glaceon
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Mirror Coat
Blizzard

Tangrowth
Sleep Powder
Power Whip
Sludge Bomb
Earthquake

Absol
Sucker Punch
Sword Dance
Night Slash
Superpower

If you have another suggestion then you're free to say.

Two months left until Platinum comes to Europe. >_>

Back
Top Bottom