• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Halloween Scavenger Hunt 2015 [ENDS SATURDAY 21st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Halloween Scavenger Hunt 2015

JackPK:

Okay, Bun Two, I'm gonna hide behind one of the bookshelves. You lay down in the bed, pretend you're asleep, and use Fake Tears to pretend you're having a nightmare. Then, when something spooky shows up, I'll ambush it and pickpocket all the candy out of its pockets!

Actions: 0/8
Candy Cornn: 7

wWb1Xt7.png

You shut the door, turn out the lights and sneakily sneak behind one of the bookshelves, where you crouch down sneakily. The sneakiest hiding place! No ghost will ever find you here!

Bun Two hops up onto the bed closer to you, taking the time to fluff it up enough to comfortably hold up her fluff before fluffing down onto it. She curls up, fluffy ears folded over her eyes, the picture of adorable, peaceful sleep...

Suddenly, Bun Two lets out a thin, piercing wail that absolutely breaks your heart. You first instinct is to jump out and rescue her, but then you won't get any more candy! Curses... Bun Two tosses and turns in the bed, screaming something about "no, not the books!", until suddenly, no matter how wide she opens her mouth, no sound comes out.

That's when you notice the spooky ghost floating above the second bed wearing a fedora.

d.png

"Trespassers! What are you doing in my home?" he spits.

You try to scream "SCIENCE!", but apparently you can't make any noise, either.

"Oh, bother," mutters the spooky ghost. He pulls out a remote, points it at you, and turns your volume slightly up. "Now, speak. What is your purpose in my domain?"

Regaining some of your composure, you stand straight up and utter in a tiny but confident squeak, "An old witch sent us here to find the answer to a riddle that would lift a thousand-year-old curse, sir. She said someone here could tell me, uh..." You pause to think of something suitably cryptic. "Which cannibal takes the best care of his skin?"

The spooky ghost's eyes widen. "Not again! I broke that curse last week!" He sighs. "Very well, take these four pieces of Candy Cornn to the Creature of the Sand Bog. Mention my name, and he'll send you on your way in your quest."

A1qQvOZ.png

The moment you pick up the Candy Cornn, the world begins to spin around you. Next thing you know, you're lying on the grass outside the Old Chateau, your precious haul of Candy Cornn scattered about.

"Hah!" you crow to Bun Two, your voice still soft and squeaky. Apparently your volume's still turned way down. "Which cannibal takes the best care of his skin? What kind of question is that? Can you believe he actually fell for it?"

Bun Two opens her mouth, but apparently still can't speak. Alas...

Thanks for playing! In total you found 11 pieces of Candy Cornn. Hold onto those and wait until we announce prizes when the game finishes on Sunday.

Happy Halloween!

-----

serpentjester:

Actions: 1/8
Q212vEz.png

You enter the second bedroom from the right to find Eta Carinae staring up into a hole in the ceiling, HALp by his side.

"Human," observes HALp.

There seem to be five large scorch marks in the ground in front of the bed, in the shape of a... pentagon, or something. How odd.

From here you can return to the Bedroom Hallway. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

serpentjester:

Q212vEz.png

You enter the second bedroom from the right to find Eta Carinae staring up into a hole in the ceiling, HALp by his side.

"Human," observes HALp.

There seem to be five large scorch marks in the ground in front of the bed, in the shape of a... pentagon, or something. How odd.

From here you can return to the Bedroom Hallway. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

o shit, that me. hello pokemon that does not belong to me :0

okay sea, this is our last shot to get some kickin candy cornn. that pentagon? we're gonna summon some s h i t out of it. confide in that pentagon, seaborne. tell it your deepest desires. summon the satanic to do your bidding and then get some fuckin' candy cornn

Metallica Fanboy:

Actions: 6/8
Candy Cornn: 0

1wvEkP4.png

You move swiftly to the second bedroom, darling Fanpie hot at your heels, into what seems to be ... a crime scene? The TV is smashed (but somehow, the static keeps running), and there's ... blood... everywhere. You look around the room for more clues (Fanpie, a hardened sleuth, sniffs about for a murder weapon), but nothing seems very obvious. You pause, rubbing your chin thoughtfully, when lightning flashes outside, illuminating the room briefly. You gaze around the room, puzzled, as it begins to rain outside.

Travelogue Entry #91
Month O, Week Δ, Day X, Hour O

I could not believe my own eyes, is what I would have said if I had anything that was less than the keen eyes of an International Police detective. Where I had hoped to find a cowering criminal, I had found only a cowering crime. The small room was rife with the signs of a struggle: the furniture had recently taken heavy damage, and someone left bloodstains on the carpet, then you ran into the bedroom, you were struck down, it was your do- er-hem! Clearly, someone in this building is not familiar with the saying, "don't be a murderer!".

Carefully Looker-ing (ah-ha!) at the state of the scene, I had noticed a tremendous oddity. The killer and the victim, they were both not in the room -- but there is only one door, and my hard-boiled detective eyes would have seen anyone who walked through that door, murdered or not. The crime couldn't have simply happened earlier, it was much too fresh. Could the two parties have simply vanished? That information, as an officer of the International Police, I had great need to discover.

Soon, my eyes turned to a mistreated television in the bottom of the room. It was displaying that image, that looks like the feeling in my legs that I feel after I have spent the whole day gambl- partaking in Sinnoh culture. Perhaps the killer had disguised themself as this image? Or perhaps the victim had disguised themself as this image? As a master of disguise myself, I would recognize a fellow master of disguise's work. This, it was clearly just like that. So, I examined the television like the clinic, by kicking it. And, after, kicking it again, because the first kick had not been enough. And, after, kicking it again. And kicking it after and after, until-

Eta Carinae:

Actions: 5/8

Q212vEz.png

HALp forms a ball of glimmering green energy and fires it at the ceiling. It strikes right through the old wood, leaving a small, dark hole. To your mild surprise, some Candy Cornn falls down.
A1qQvOZ.png

You absentmindedly collect the four pieces of Candy Cornn. This stuff seems to be all over the place. Weird.

Something flashes above you. You look up, startled, but there's nothing there - just the hole in the ceiling. There are scraping noises coming from it, as if something's crawling around up there. You get the feeling you'd rather not find out what it is.

From here you can return to the Bedroom Hallway. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.

Alright, let's use our next two actions to go from Bedroom 4 to Bedroom 1.

Ether's Bane:

Actions: 4/8
Candy Cornn: 3

m2a9VI6.png

Sensing treasure, you walk up to the leftmost painting on the wall and examine it closely. It depicts a haunted castle on a gloomy hill - kitsch through and through. There's nothing particularly remarkable about it, but you try to think outside the box...

... outside the box! Of course - the frame!

You brush the dust from the painting's frame and trace a finger over it. Strange, curly symbols adorn the wood, and while you don't recognize any of them, you suspect they're not merely ornamental...

You snap out of your thoughts when you notice someone sneaking up next to you.

"Hey there!" says Lord of the Fireflies. He slaps you on the back. "Say, what is this painting you're looking at!"

"Well," you begin, "I've noticed some - "

"Aha! Treasure!" he interrupts. "Marlboro, fetch!"

Before you can say anything, his Cottonee charges headfirst into the wall and dislodges the painting - it crashes onto the floor and the wooden frame splits open. To your surprise, a small piece of Candy Cornn rolls out!

... but Lord of the Fireflies grabs it.

"Hey," you object, "I was the one who found the - "

"You did a great job!" He grins at you and places the Candy Cornn in his pocket, then gives you another slap on the back. "Thanks, buddy!"

Wow, what a complete jerk.

As he walks away, you turn your attention back to the broken painting. Surely it can't have been that simple? No, there's more to it than that, you're certain of it...

From here you can go north to the Dining Hall, or go upstairs and go west to the Storage Room, north to the Bedroom Hallway or east to the Library. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

Storage room.

Wargle:

Candy Cornn: 5

HXRsq5a.png

"Hey..." you say, standing tall to survey the Storage Room. "Who made this big mess?!"

Xero and Faorzia look at Tavvy. Tavvy looks at you sheepishly for a moment. Then he goes back to pecking at the remains of a destroyed cardboard box.

You shrug and turn to your Pokémon. "Guess it's time for the Ten-Second Tidy!"

Xero nods at you and attempts to swoop at top speed around the room. It might have been more successful if he was able to spread his wings. All he manages to do is knock one cardboard box aside before plummeting awkwardly to the ground...

At least beneath it you find two pieces of Candy Cornn!

A1qQvOZ.png

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

Use my last action to examine that bit of torn up tile there in the bottom right

guess I should have asked to minimize my Aerodactyl at the beginning

(Keldeo and I liek Scythers got skipped over yesterday, because ultraviolet is a foolon. Sorry about that! Please inform us if we've missed anyone else!)

Keldeo:
Kalosian art?! Unova is clearly the better region - black that painting out with a Night Daze at once!
Actions: 2/8

nImL84L.png

Pedri holds up his hand and fires a ray of black at the painting; it seeps into the canvas like ink, darkening the painting so it looks as though a shadow has been cast over the people in the picture. Much better!

Then you become aware of something next to you. The air shifts, and a spectral figure fades into view - the ghost of a Smeargle!

"Incredible..." says the Smeargle, a wide grin on her lips. "It's exactly how I imagined it!" She turns to you and shakes your hand vigorously. "This painting was to be my masterpiece, but alas, I could not finish it before the end. You have helped me bring it to perfection. See how the shadow now obscures the people of the Grand Jatte? Though the day is bright, they are all cloaked in suspicion and sin."

She traces a hand lovingly across the canvas.

"It was to be the finest work of art in all of Kalos. And now, at last, I can rest - "

"UNOVA FOREVER!" you shout, and punch the Smeargle in the gut. She vanishes in a puff of smoke.
A1qQvOZ.png

Six pieces of Candy Cornn clatter onto the floor. Ha! That'll teach those cheese-eating surrender Mankeys what's what.

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall, or go west to the Kitchen. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

-----

I liek Scythers:
Use Yawn on all the ghosts so we can steal the Candy Cornn when they fall asleep!
Candy Cornn: 1

nImL84L.png

Now that the dining table has been destroyed by VM, the poker game is over. The ghosts are hovering above you, bickering among themselves over how to distribute the remaining Candy Cornn in the pot. Suddenly they notice you staring.

"What? What you lookin' at?" says the Misdreavus.

Mr. Turtle responds by yawning loudly.

At first, the ghosts just look kind of miffed. But then, they start yawning too, and one by one they fall asleep in midair.
A1qQvOZ.png

They drop the six pieces of Candy Cornn they were arguing about! You gather them hurriedly, worried that the ghosts will wake up again soon.

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall, or go west to the Kitchen. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

-----

serpentjester:
o shit, that me. hello pokemon that does not belong to me :0

okay sea, this is our last shot to get some kickin candy cornn. that pentagon? we're gonna summon some s h i t out of it. confide in that pentagon, seaborne. tell it your deepest desires. summon the satanic to do your bidding and then get some fuckin' candy cornn

Q212vEz.png

Seaborne hesitantly approaches the pentagram and sits down in the middle of it. He's too frightened to think of much to say though. Eventually he manages to stammer something about Satan, but you can tell he's not really putting his heart into it.

While you work on your ritual, Eta Carinae and his Unown decide to leave the room and explore elsewhere. As they're leaving, the Unown whispers to you:

"He's Here."

Before you can reply, they're both gone.

Well, no matter. Back to the pentagram. Seaborne is still doing his best to summon something from it, but it just doesn't seem to work. Maybe he's not saying the right words. Disappointed, you lean down and take a closer look at the pentagram itself. It's been scorched into the wood with great precision; whoever made it must have used a blowtorch, or...

Something drips onto your hand.

You look up. There's a small hole in the ceiling above you, and black droplets like ink are falling from it. It's too dark to see anything up there, but you sense movement -

The pentagram suddenly bursts into blue flame. Seaborne yelps and curls up tight, trapped in the center.

"Good job, Seaborne!" you say. "You got it going!"

He whimpers miserably.

You hear something shuffle above you. There's definitely someone up there... You peer into the hole in the ceiling, and though you're not sure, you think you can see someone looking back at you.

"Hello? Candy Cornn?" you shout.

More black fluid drips from the hole, and you hear heavy breathing.

"Candy Cornn!" you shout again. "Do you know it!?"

A single piece of Candy Cornn falls down, and then another, and another, and another. You catch them in your hand.
A1qQvOZ.png

The four pieces of Candy Cornn are caked with black grease, so you wipe them off before putting them in your pocket.

"Thanks, pal!" You wave at the hole; it responds with a guttural growl. "Come on, Sea, let's - "

Suddenly the ceiling tears wide open with a crunch. Wood and plaster fall on your head; you look up in shock, and catch a glimpse of the creature just before it pounces on you...

Thanks for playing! In total you found 11 pieces of Candy Cornn. Hold onto those and wait until we announce prizes when the game finishes on Sunday.

Happy Halloween!

-----

Metallica Fanboy:
Travelogue Entry #91
Month O, Week Δ, Day X, Hour O

I could not believe my own eyes, is what I would have said if I had anything that was less than the keen eyes of an International Police detective. Where I had hoped to find a cowering criminal, I had found only a cowering crime. The small room was rife with the signs of a struggle: the furniture had recently taken heavy damage, and someone left bloodstains on the carpet, then you ran into the bedroom, you were struck down, it was your do- er-hem! Clearly, someone in this building is not familiar with the saying, "don't be a murderer!".

Carefully Looker-ing (ah-ha!) at the state of the scene, I had noticed a tremendous oddity. The killer and the victim, they were both not in the room -- but there is only one door, and my hard-boiled detective eyes would have seen anyone who walked through that door, murdered or not. The crime couldn't have simply happened earlier, it was much too fresh. Could the two parties have simply vanished? That information, as an officer of the International Police, I had great need to discover.

Soon, my eyes turned to a mistreated television in the bottom of the room. It was displaying that image, that looks like the feeling in my legs that I feel after I have spent the whole day gambl- partaking in Sinnoh culture. Perhaps the killer had disguised themself as this image? Or perhaps the victim had disguised themself as this image? As a master of disguise myself, I would recognize a fellow master of disguise's work. This, it was clearly just like that. So, I examined the television like the clinic, by kicking it. And, after, kicking it again, because the first kick had not been enough. And, after, kicking it again. And kicking it after and after, until-

1wvEkP4.png

After about a dozen kicks, the TV image flickers and finally dies. You conclude that it is not, in fact, a disguise. Having established this, you can examine it safely. You remove some stray bits of glass from your shoe and kneel in front of the smashed TV.

Inside it, you see mostly shards and bent pieces of plastic, and... bloodstains? But how did they get there? Inside the screen? Using your International Police detective skills, you quickly deduce that the TV itself must have been the murder weapon! But that still doesn't answer the question of how the killer and victim disappeared, or how Charon fits into all of this. Hmm.

As you ponder these mysteries, you realize something else. Even though the TV is now off, you still hear the buzzing sound of the static. It seems to be coming from... the walls? Or the ceiling?

-----

Eta Carinae:
Alright, let's use our next two actions to go from Bedroom 4 to Bedroom 1.
Actions: 3/8
Candy Cornn: 4

6wMFOFO.png

You exit the room shortly after serpentjester and Seaborne enter. HALp's eye lingers on them as you leave, and later, when you're walking down the Bedroom Hallway, it nudges you anxiously.

"Help Him," it says.

You don't understand what HALp's trying to tell you, so you proceed to the furthest Bedroom. It's quite cramped in there; someone has shoved a whole bunch of chairs, shelves, tables, and other furniture into the room.

-----

Ether's Bane:
Storage room.

HXRsq5a.png

That painting is hiding something, you're sure of it - but right now, you can't think of any way to interact with it. You resolve to come back later, if you have time. For now, you and Viskran head into the Storage Room. Inside, you see Faorzia staring into a small hole in the floor. She looks concerned...

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

-----

Wargle:
Use my last action to examine that bit of torn up tile there in the bottom right

guess I should have asked to minimize my Aerodactyl at the beginning

HXRsq5a.png

You spot a suspicious-looking patch of loose floor tiles in the corner of the room. You brush the dirt from them and pry them off - and discover a trapdoor hidden underneath! There's no handle, but by knocking on the wood, you can tell there's definitely a hollow space under it. Carefully, you press against the trapdoor with your foot; it creaks loudly, but doesn't budge.

"Xero," you say, "do you think we can - "

While you're standing on it, the trapdoor suddenly swings open. You lose your balance and fall into the tunnel below...

Thanks for playing! In total you found 7 pieces of Candy Cornn. Hold onto those and wait until we announce prizes when the game finishes on Sunday.

Happy Halloween!

Ether's Bane:

HXRsq5a.png

That painting is hiding something, you're sure of it - but right now, you can't think of any way to interact with it. You resolve to come back later, if you have time. For now, you and Viskran head into the Storage Room. Inside, you see Faorzia staring into a small hole in the floor. She looks concerned...

Stone Edge to slice up the two cardboard boxes in the bottom-left corner.

Nira:

nImL84L.png

You hurry down the stairs and into the Dining Hall. The room is utterly ruined. The grand dining table has been smashed into pieces, and where it once would have stood is now a gaping hole in the floor. The glass cabinet has been wrecked, and what appear to be thick sheets of ice are extending from the Kitchen.

All right, Twilight Princess, we're sick and tired of treats. It's time for a Trick! We're going to hold a game of poker, with candy cornns as the wagers, but as it turns out, the dealer always wins. It's foolproof and can't possibly go wrong.

Murkrow:

Actions: 7/8

m2a9VI6.png

You and Victor walk up to the statue, who watches you tentatively. Victor scuttles around the base of the statue, listening for something... and finds it! Victor gets your attention, and tells you to put your ear to the base of the statue. You can hear running water! That's kinda weird...

From here you can go north to the Dining Hall, or go upstairs and go west to the Storage Room, north to the Bedroom Hallway or east to the Library. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

Use Surf on the statue!

I liek Scythers:

Candy Cornn: 1

nImL84L.png

Now that the dining table has been destroyed by VM, the poker game is over. The ghosts are hovering above you, bickering among themselves over how to distribute the remaining Candy Cornn in the pot. Suddenly they notice you staring.

"What? What you lookin' at?" says the Misdreavus.

Mr. Turtle responds by yawning loudly.

At first, the ghosts just look kind of miffed. But then, they start yawning too, and one by one they fall asleep in midair.
A1qQvOZ.png

They drop the six pieces of Candy Cornn they were arguing about! You gather them hurriedly, worried that the ghosts will wake up again soon.

Into the kitchen!

Eta Carinae:

6wMFOFO.png

You exit the room shortly after serpentjester and Seaborne enter. HALp's eye lingers on them as you leave, and later, when you're walking down the Bedroom Hallway, it nudges you anxiously.

"Help Him," it says.

You don't understand what HALp's trying to tell you, so you proceed to the furthest Bedroom. It's quite cramped in there; someone has shoved a whole bunch of chairs, shelves, tables, and other furniture into the room.

Alright, HALp, you see that green book tucked into the bottom right corner of the right bookshelf? Hidden Power Ice on it, please. Good things will happen.

Metallica Fanboy:

1wvEkP4.png

After about a dozen kicks, the TV image flickers and finally dies. You conclude that it is not, in fact, a disguise. Having established this, you can examine it safely. You remove some stray bits of glass from your shoe and kneel in front of the smashed TV.

Inside it, you see mostly shards and bent pieces of plastic, and... bloodstains? But how did they get there? Inside the screen? Using your International Police detective skills, you quickly deduce that the TV itself must have been the murder weapon! But that still doesn't answer the question of how the killer and victim disappeared, or how Charon fits into all of this. Hmm.

As you ponder these mysteries, you realize something else. Even though the TV is now off, you still hear the buzzing sound of the static. It seems to be coming from... the walls? Or the ceiling?

Travelogue Entry #92
Month O, Week Δ, Day X, Hour λ

I have a confession that I must make. Detective Looker, before a proud officer of the International Police, is now Murderer Looker, a mere criminal. Have I forgotten the saying, "don't be a murderer!", after my mama has said it to me so many times? How could I have? I was only searching for the tru- no, no, I must face the consequences of my actions, like the grown man. The only truth is that I assaulted the disguised person with my kicks until there was no more disguised person. The poor disguised person's blood, I spilled inside the television, leaving a stain that would make it clear to anyone who has completed my patented course, "The Looker Method: Yes, even YOU can become a detective in five easy steps!", that the culprit is only me and not anyone else. And now, the last criminal I will ever capture, he is already in chains (it is verrg harb ta wvrite lihe lhis], and I will turn him in soon. This is the end.

Although, if one looks at this bloodstain closely... Hmmmm....

-----

Travelogue Entry #95
Month O, Week Δ, Day O, Hour X

The result of my twentieth bloodstain analysis is finally in. Just like the other nineteen, it is saying that my many kicks could not have caused this second murder. Another suspect of the crime, he is ruled out! I still must discover the one true culprit. And also, later, I must find a way to release myself from these handcuffs.

It was now of urgent importance to supply myself of an idea about the way that the blood has taken to be spilled inside the television. My first idea was that the television became a murder weapon, but quickly, I noticed that this would be an offlandish conclusion. No, the only truth is that the murder took place inside the television -- while a television programme was playing! Perhaps the news anchor and the reporter have professional disagreements, or perhaps the characters of the cartoon are teaching to our children the wrong things, such as the wrong saying, "be a murderer!". Or, perhaps... Charon escaped to the television, in order to commit crimes!

I saw that the television led to some wire, that led to a plug in the wall: the escape route. There was not more time to waste. But, my hands were tied, in all meanings. By myself, I could not open the hole and give the chase. But, I looked at the Fanpie, and said to me, eureka! And then I said to the Fanpie to use its Strength in the plug. And then, I would use my speed in the plug, and Charon would be in the corner at last.

Faorzia:

HXRsq5a.png

Tavvy flaps his wings as fast as he can, stirring up a strong gust. Soon the whirlwind is powerful enough to pick up the cardboard boxes and the loose junk; it all gets tossed about the room chaotically.

Eventually, Tavvy grows tired, and lets the whirlwind die out. When the dust settles, the room looks... just as messy as before, really. But you spot a couple pieces of Candy Cornn now lying on the floor, apparently shaken out of some hiding spot.
A1qQvOZ.png

You collect the two pieces of Candy Cornn.

-----

OH NOES SOMEONE FELL D:

let's go fall in there too! :D

Totodile:

Candy Cornn: 12

I4ivO8C.png

"The answer is... Fluttershy!!!" you say triumphantly, winking at Fluttershy's incredulous look. The Froslass pauses, not sure if you're joking or not - you see all kinds of things when you're a ghost. She regains composure.
"Ohohoho, no... the answer is... Shea LaButter!"
You and Fluttershy cringe in unision at the incredibly lame pun. It's so bad that you want to hit somebody, very hard. You exchange glances with Fluttershy, who nods and sets her tail aglow with steel-type energy. Froslass giggles to herself, satisfied with her pun, when she suddenly gets socked in the jaw by Fluttershy. She staggers backwards, dropping eight pieces of Candy Cornn! You both scramble to pick them up before something bad happens.
A1qQvOZ.png

The Frosslass turns her pale eyes towards you as she spits out a tooth (icicle? who knows). The temperature in the room suddenly plummets, and you can feel frost forming in your eyebrows. Fluttershy leaps into your arms, terrified.
"That is the incorrect answer," says the Froslass, a blizzard forming in her sleeves.
"You lose!"

The last thing you remember is a column of frost heading towards you, but you don't remember the impact. You're sitting in the grass outside the Old Chateau, and Fluttershy is licking some ice off of your fingers.

Thanks for playing! In total you found 20 pieces of Candy Cornn. Hold onto those and wait until we announce prizes when the game finishes on Sunday.

Happy Halloween!
Really? Shia LaButter? That's what you came up with, Froslass? I just ... I ... rrgh! Nothing is worth that pun! My sanity is leaking from my ears ... fff-

(and in a fit of rage, she launched those last 8 pieces back at the Chateau, trying and probably failing to break a window. fluttershy managed to subdue her eventually.)

(moral of the story: sugar highs are not worth it.)

Ether's Bane:
Stone Edge to slice up the two cardboard boxes in the bottom-left corner.

HXRsq5a.png

It's a bit of a mess in here, but you manage to find two cardboard boxes that haven't been searched already. You nod to Viskran, who promptly cleaves the boxes in two with Stone Edge. The cardboard splits, and in between old pictures, trophies, and other memorabilia, you find two pieces of Candy Cornn, one in each box.

A1qQvOZ.png

-----

Nira:
All right, Twilight Princess, we're sick and tired of treats. It's time for a Trick! We're going to hold a game of poker, with candy cornns as the wagers, but as it turns out, the dealer always wins. It's foolproof and can't possibly go wrong.

nImL84L.png

Well, despite the mess and debris, you manage to procure most of a deck of playing cards, and decide to hold a grand card game. You shuffle the cards as Twilight Princess announces a game of poker, and the ghosts snoozing in mid-air snort and snap awake, keen to finish their game. One ghost places a stack of Candy Cornn in the middle, and you all sit in a circle on the floor.
The game goes well - Twilight Princess keeps a great poker face, while the other ghosts cast furtive glances to each other over the top of their cards. Suddenly, Twilight Princess squeals with delight. "Royal Flush!" she says, slamming her cards on the ground. The ghosts stare at her in disbelief, but fair's fair, right? You win three pieces of Candy Cornn!
A1qQvOZ.png

As you go to grab the Candy Cornn, a card falls down your sleeve. It's an ace of... triangles? That's not even a real suit! You glance at Twilight Princess, who grabs the Candy Cornn hurriedly. "I never said it was a good trick!" You and Twilight Princess scramble to get away, as the ghosts find more counterfeit cards. A Queen of Pumpkins??? This is just a picture of herself!!

-----

Murkrow:
Use Surf on the statue!
Actions: 6/8

m2a9VI6.png

Victor stares at you dubiously. That's kind of... not how it works, his look plainly reads, but you encourage him to try anyway. You press A at the statue, who side-eyes you.
"Would you like to surf?"
"Yes!"
Victor flails for a moment, before... swimming in the floor? This is weird, but you climb atop him like a skateboard. Victor's legs seem to clip through the floor, and he can ... surf. Victor swims to the statue, and you clip through the marble. Inside, there's a single patch of ocean. Lazy developers. You press A again, and through some glitch, you're rewarded with two pieces of Candy Cornn. Thanks, Gamefreak!
A1qQvOZ.png

You surf back out of the statue (who's blushing again, feeling like its personal space has been invaded) and jump onto the floor, which has become solid again. Victor stops surfing... somehow. He taps his legs on the tiles, looking about as confused as a Kabuto can look.

-----

I liek Scythers:
Into the kitchen!

I4ivO8C.png

You and Mr Turtle step into the kitchen, where the temperature drops a little bit. There's a big area of frost on one wall, but it looks like it's been there a while, and it's dripping a little bit. There are plates and cutlery strewn about the room. Two fridges are sitting in one corner, and someone has arranged all the fridge magnets into a smiling Rotom face.

From here you can return to the Dining Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?
-----

Eta Carinae:
Alright, HALp, you see that green book tucked into the bottom right corner of the right bookshelf? Hidden Power Ice on it, please. Good things will happen.

6wMFOFO.png

HALp nods sagely. "Hoarfrost," it says, and floats to the book. The book nudges out of the shelf, and floats in the air in front of you two. There's a snowflake inscribed on the cover - good intuition! HALp twirls, and spheres of ice-type energy swirl around you both before shooting towards the book. The book opens, pages twirling, and shudders - the bookshelf you're standing in front of clicks, and revolves into the wall, taking you with it!

You're inside of a dimly-lit hidden passage, lit by only one small candle. There's a shelf with all kinds of weird things on it, covered in dust, but what interests you is the pile of Candy Cornn that's obviously been placed here recently. You can hear the bookshelf ticking - this mechanism is obviously on a timer, so you grab the Candy Cornn just before the bookshelf rotates back out and you're standing in the Bedroom again. HALp nods excitedly! "Hidden!" See, this is what it was trying to tell you! HALp knew all along.
You count the Candy Cornn in your arms - four pieces of Candy Cornn! Not bad.
A1qQvOZ.png

From here you can return to the Bedroom Hallway. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.
-----

Metallica Fanboy:
But, I looked at the Fanpie, and said to me, eureka! And then I said to the Fanpie to use its Strength in the plug. And then, I would use my speed in the plug, and Charon would be in the corner at last.
1wvEkP4.png

You muse that the power cord of this television will surely lead you to Charon, and so you command Fanpie to do something about it. Fanpie trots over to the cord, wraps her trunk around it, and pulls, and pulls... the socket crackles with electricity, which Fanpie ignores. She pulls with all her strength, and the plug rips out of the wall, along with the socket, some wires, and a bit of drywall. You examine the hole in the wall, and it appears to be stuffed with four pieces of ... Candied Cornn? What on earth?!
A1qQvOZ.png

The crawlspace behind the plug is tiny, and you reason that with all of that Cornn in there, there's no way this could've been used as an escape route. You can still hear the static, but you feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room. Maybe someone else will find something.
-----

Faorzia:
OH NOES SOMEONE FELL D:

let's go fall in there too! :D

HXRsq5a.png

You examine the trap door - sticking your head in, you see nothing but black. Tavvy chirps and the chirp echoes for a long time. You shrug - it's probably safe! - and jump right in. The cold air whooshes past you ... and then slows down, abruptly. Tavvy has taken hold of your hair and is flapping his wings furiously, trying to hold your weight. Actually, maybe this is a bad idea. You let Tavvy pull you out of the trap door, and you sit on the floor, letting your feet dangle in the hole as Tavvy tries to catch his breath. You can hear movement, and some kind of creature give a low growl, way at the bottom of the black ditch. A pair of bright red eyes stare up at you from the gloom - it looks a bit lonely. :C

-----

Keldeo:
All right, why don't we take a look at those boxes in the lower right corner? Perhaps they hold further elements of Kalosian intrigue...

nImL84L.png

You and Pedri rifle through the boxes in the corner, finding all kinds of interesting knick-knacks before tossing them aside. A strange souvenir that looks like a face, some kind of weird bracelet with a coloured jewel set into the middle, an old Nokia mobile phone... finally, you come across an old, worn suitcase. It's pretty heavy, but when both you and Pedri can't open the latch, you realise it's probably locked. If it's locked, there's definitely something valuable inside, Pedri reasons.

Eta Carinae:

6wMFOFO.png

HALp nods sagely. "Hoarfrost," it says, and floats to the book. The book nudges out of the shelf, and floats in the air in front of you two. There's a snowflake inscribed on the cover - good intuition! HALp twirls, and spheres of ice-type energy swirl around you both before shooting towards the book. The book opens, pages twirling, and shudders - the bookshelf you're standing in front of clicks, and revolves into the wall, taking you with it!

You're inside of a dimly-lit hidden passage, lit by only one small candle. There's a shelf with all kinds of weird things on it, covered in dust, but what interests you is the pile of Candy Cornn that's obviously been placed here recently. You can hear the bookshelf ticking - this mechanism is obviously on a timer, so you grab the Candy Cornn just before the bookshelf rotates back out and you're standing in the Bedroom again. HALp nods excitedly! "Hidden!" See, this is what it was trying to tell you! HALp knew all along.
You count the Candy Cornn in your arms - four pieces of Candy Cornn! Not bad.
A1qQvOZ.png

Might as well head out to the Bedroom Hallway again.

Ether's Bane:

HXRsq5a.png

It's a bit of a mess in here, but you manage to find two cardboard boxes that haven't been searched already. You nod to Viskran, who promptly cleaves the boxes in two with Stone Edge. The cardboard splits, and in between old pictures, trophies, and other memorabilia, you find two pieces of Candy Cornn, one in each box.

A1qQvOZ.png

Back to the Entrance Hall.

Nira:

nImL84L.png

Well, despite the mess and debris, you manage to procure most of a deck of playing cards, and decide to hold a grand card game. You shuffle the cards as Twilight Princess announces a game of poker, and the ghosts snoozing in mid-air snort and snap awake, keen to finish their game. One ghost places a stack of Candy Cornn in the middle, and you all sit in a circle on the floor.
The game goes well - Twilight Princess keeps a great poker face, while the other ghosts cast furtive glances to each other over the top of their cards. Suddenly, Twilight Princess squeals with delight. "Royal Flush!" she says, slamming her cards on the ground. The ghosts stare at her in disbelief, but fair's fair, right? You win three pieces of Candy Cornn!
A1qQvOZ.png

As you go to grab the Candy Cornn, a card falls down your sleeve. It's an ace of... triangles? That's not even a real suit! You glance at Twilight Princess, who grabs the Candy Cornn hurriedly. "I never said it was a good trick!" You and Twilight Princess scramble to get away, as the ghosts find more counterfeit cards. A Queen of Pumpkins??? This is just a picture of herself!!

Let's head over to the kitchen for our last hurrah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom