• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HG/SS Hey! Help Me. (Please?)

Now I might be confused here, but doesn't bold raise defense?

Yes, but its defense sucks anyway so there's little to be gained from raising it, and you lose precious points that you could be putting into special attack or speed. As sreservoir said, go with Modest or Timid.

ohh, okay I gets it naow. thanks. :/

EDIT!: (cause I have nothing better to do :/) Pokemon so far:

gbc034.gif
W/Muscle Band A: Poison Point N:Sassy
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Stone Edge
Megahorn/Superpower (probably Megahorn tough-not many others know bug moves)

gbc036.gif
W/ Life Orb A: Magic Guard N: Relaxed
Meteor Mash
Flamethrower
Moonlight
Magic Coat

And now I could either do
gbc065.gif
W/ Life Orb A: Synchronize N: Modest
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Recover
Torment

Or
gbc097.gif
W/ Life Orb A: Forewarn N:Modest
Psychic
Signal Beam
Nasty Plot
Magic Coat/Light Screen (But once again, probably Magic Coat)
^
|_and I'd rather do this

gbc141.gif
W/ Expert Belt A: Battle Armor N:Adamant
Stone Edge
Night Slash (Hmm... Maybe I won't need Megahorn...)
Waterfall/ Aqua Tail
Brick Break

gbc149.gif
W/ Leftovers A: Inner Focus N: Brave
Draco Meteor
Dragon Claw
Aerial Ace
Fire Blast

devampfinish2.gif
W/ toxic Orb A: Poison Heal N:Careful
Seed Bomb
Mach Punch
Swords Dance
Spore

~Yay! No more boredom!~... For now.

Last edited:
I don't do competitive battling much, but on your Hypno, Meditate raises its Attack stat. Hypno is a special attacker, and you put no physical attacks.

I know. Not to be rude, but if you take a nice glance at my previous post, you will see that I put Hypno's moveset at Psychic/Signal Beam/Nasty Plot/Magic Coat.

Now, if you were questioning the possibility even of that being a choice, yes I see where Meditate is rather pointless. :P

Looking at your team, you don't really have a Pokemon to come in and defeat something that is at low HP. Judging by the base speed stats of your Pokemon, they are all fairly low, barring Alakazam. If a Persian uses Nasty Plot a couple of times it could rip through your team (there are better examples but Persian is the first that comes to mind).

Therefore, it might be wise to put Aqua Jet on Kabutops or switch one of your Pokemon for something faster such as Dugtrio. Your Alakazam could work but it would need a speed-increasing nature (Timid) to work well and even then it is prone to Sucker Punches or other priority attacks due to its low defenses.

Maybe Weavile>Kabutops?

Weavile_DEVAMP_by_MC_Katanga.png
W/Razor Claw\Choice scarf(?) A: Pressure N: Adamant/Jolly
Ice Punch
Night Slash
Shadow Claw
Reflect

What do you think? Then I could take Ice Beam off of Nidoking and have it know Superpower and Mega Horn...maybe. Also, I know that Weavile is just a little bitch to all dragon-types.

my typical choice for fast, sturdy, sweepers, is choice scarf glaceon. it destroys stuff. and can pass wish if it feels like it.

don't take ice beam off nidoking. it likes the ice/ground coverage.

weavile works well with life orb. it doesn't need to be that fast. if you have to, you can drop ice shard on it.

Right, but Glaceon is just as fast as most of my other teammates. This is why, in my opinion at least, Weavile would be a better choice. (I'm not trying to be condescending here-I merely worded it that way for some unknown reason. I can see where you're coming from, though.)

i'm not here to critique, but both those weavile and breloom devamps were stolen, as was that drifblim you posted. :|

I don't claim that they're mine, I just am using them for my own purposes... which does kind of sound like stealing... but I did not make those sprites! Also! I do not take credit for making those sprites!~credits go to those who made them, wherever and whomever they are and may be!~ Happy? I'm sorry to offend you.

Maybe Weavile>Kabutops?

Weavile_DEVAMP_by_MC_Katanga.png
W/Razor Claw\Choice scarf(?) A: Pressure N: Adamant/Jolly
Ice Punch
Night Slash
Shadow Claw
Reflect

Shadow Claw is super effective against the same types as Night Slash but Weavile gets STAB for Night Slash so it's best to just drop Shadow Claw. Reflect is...interesting. Weavile can't take hits at all, even with Reflect so it's probably best to just drop it, although it could help your team in an extremely dire situation...

As for what to put in, you'll want Pursuit. This pretty much ensures that you will KO any Pokemon at low HP, especially if they try to switch. Ice Shard could go over any of your attacks for a priority attack in tough situations. Brick Break is also not bad as Fighting and Dark work well together.

As for the item, Life Orb is good, as stated earlier, but Choice Band can also be good to provide extra power for Ice Shard and Pursuit.

So maybe if I had it know Ice Punch, Night Slash, Pursuit, and Brick Break? Or maybe Pursuit over Night Slash so I can put Ice Shard?

Alright, so Ice Punch, Ice Shard, Pursuit, and Brick Break. Thanks.

EDIT!: OH MY GOD. I just got a near perfect Cleffa with Max IVs in HP, Attack, and Defence! I forget the stats in the other places, and I can't check it right now...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom