• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HG/SS Hmm...

Well if I have Cloyster, I have three pokemon that are weak to fighting (Porygon-Z, Weavile, Cloyster). But, if I have Forretres, then I have two pokemon that are weak to fire.(Weavile, Forretres) So, I would like to use Cloyster because of the third pokemon that knows Ice-type attacks. However I also like the Idea of Forretres, becuase Gyro Ball is an interesting move.

For Porygon-Z, you should use life orb. It gives you the boost, and you can use Nasty Plot without reprecution. You might want wish support, though. Also, for Forretress, you could either use Shed Shell, or Leftovers. If you have wish, go for Leftovers, but otherwise, I would use Shed Shell to prevent Magnezone from setting up on you.

well, i kind of decided I want to go with Cloyster, becuase he has better defensive and offensive stats. Cloyster is also faster. I made this decision because if I give him the Calm nature, I can sit there and Ice Beam things. EV train it in Sp. Defense so that a stray wind can't kill it, and Sp. Attack so Ice Beam is more effective. Items, however...

This is a good thing, yes? What do we think for an item, though? Also, I don't have an item listed for my Weavile or my Porygon-Z for Porygon, I was thinking the Wise Glasses, and I have no clue for Weavile. Maybe the Expert Belt, but I think that might be pushing it, for whatever reason. but also I need an item for Cloyster. Originally I was thinking of the Nevermeltice, but that was only because Icicle Spear is a weak-ish move. Any ideas?

This is a good thing, yes? What do we think for an item, though? Also, I don't have an item listed for my Weavile or my Porygon-Z for Porygon, I was thinking the Wise Glasses, and I have no clue for Weavile. Maybe the Expert Belt, but I think that might be pushing it, for whatever reason. but also I need an item for Cloyster. Originally I was thinking of the Nevermeltice, but that was only because Icicle Spear is a weak-ish move. Any ideas?
Leftovers for Cloyster unless you're playing with Item Clause. There's nothing else it can really use. Also:
For Porygon-Z, you should use life orb. It gives you the boost, and you can use Nasty Plot without reprecution. You might want wish support, though.
You should listen to this guy.

what's the item clause?

For Porygon-Z, Life Orb/Recover works, but then the only problem would be finding a move to bump out... I suppose I don't need Dark Pulse on it, considering I also have Pursuit on Weavile, and Megahorn on Nidoking, because that pretty much takes care of all Psychic and Ghost-types...

Well then, I'm confused. Coverage on what? Steel-types don't resist Electric, and that's the only move that Porygon-Z knows that Steel won't. Also, if I bump Thunderbolt, that will eliminate my electric-type attacks for the team. Is the Electric-type not that important offensively? If not, that's fine, but I'm not understanding this completely.

tri attack deals massive damage anyway. you don't need even the more important types if you can deal massive damage anyway. (main exception for stuff that frequently gets 4x resisted, or immunities.)

ah. Well, that works for me. and Again, What's the Items Clause? If it's mostly irrelevant, I still wish to know.

I also still need an Item for my Weavile.

That's a nice option, but what happens when I want to use Pursuit, but end clicking Ice Shard instead, or something like that? It's not a huge problem, but I don't think I want to run the risk, mainly because that happens to me painfully often. What if I handed it the King's Rock or I found another Expert Belt or something like that? Or would that no work as well as the Choice Band?

That's a nice option, but what happens when I want to use Pursuit, but end clicking Ice Shard instead, or something like that? It's not a huge problem, but I don't think I want to run the risk, mainly because that happens to me painfully often. What if I handed it the King's Rock or I found another Expert Belt or something like that? Or would that no work as well as the Choice Band?

King's Rock is extremely unreliable. Expert Belt is okay - it could fool someone into thinking that you have Choice Band, since that's what most people use...If you're trying to find 'another' Expert Belt then you'd probably be better off finding another Life Orb instead as it provides the boost for all attacks.

Back
Top Bottom