• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

the space around the stars

Re: DIGIMON MAKES ME SAD

[digimon drawing]
this happens every time
EVERY TIME

That happens with the new Pokemon too, except adorabe evolves into weird-lookin (scraggy-scrafty, darumaka-darmanitan, etc)

Equinoxe said:
[owl people drawings]

You're really good at those. I can't draw animal-people-hybrid-chimera thingies to save my life. :p Then again, all your art is cool. Keep at it! *thumbs-up*

Re: PLEEEEAAASE LISTEN!

@ Mad MOAI: your post is there but doesn't show up unless I click 'reply', that's why I didn't notice it until now :U
(and it showed up after I posted, like I guessed!)
Anyhow, thanks C:

I was browsing through my .psd folder and found this one sketch of Fouga (my original character) with flat colours already put in which I had for some reason abandoned ???
anyway I couldn't gather enough willpower to shade it so I just went the easy route i.e. added a bunch of texture to make it look like it's actually finished 8D
how awesome is that
fougy_wm.jpg

also, I drew some GT fanart with my eyes closed
yomiderpl.png

camala.png

so beaitofil

EDIT:
EVERYONE LOVES RON HE IS CUTE
deliteful_wm.jpg

Last edited:

Ron DeLite Ron DeLite Ron DeLite yes.

Never ask me for critique but that's like the best Ron I've seen.

thankkk youuuu <3
that makes me happy C:

So I'm sort of afraid of drawing/painting real people from references (especially ones I find good-looking/attractive) because I'm scared that I'll make them ugly and then feel awful about it. For some strange reason I decided that I should try it anyway, so...
My current obsession-thing is obviously the 2004 movie version of the Phantom of the Opera (it sure doesn't show haha) so I got me some low-quality screenshot and went from there. Pretty much the first time ever I've tried something like this, welp.

No tracing, no dropper-tooling from the original picture, no cheating in any way, which is the reason the Phantom (Gerard Butler I think he was) doesn't really look like himself. The main point here is that I actually worked up the courage to do this and didn't ragequit or anything !
I'll have time to practice making people look like themselves later.

(click the preview for the full thing)
Reference here in case you wanna see what it should look like.

whoopdedoo why do I always have to write a goddamn essay about every drawing I don't know

EDIT:
moar aa fanart
goodman_wm.jpg

does Goodman fanart even exist? the dude dies before we even meet him once, kinda sad really
(I probably wouldn't remember him without the countless goodman jokes that I use to torture my sister with. she's kinda gotten immune to it now and even uses this picture as her avatar. yay i guess?)

Last edited:
Re: ATTACK ORDER GARAHGRAHRG

dubbel paws
... t

I'm doing a bug-only two-pokemon run (or at least trying to) on White and I have an Accelgor (male, Erik) and a Vespiquen (female obvs, Christine) and they're doing fine !
so i drew them (kind of inaccurate since Christine hasn't learned attack order yet, but)
attackorder_wm.jpg

don't like the bg very much but what can i do

That looks really good, even the background. My favorite part would have to be the Combee, they look so adorable, yet fierce.

Ooohface Analytic Maggyo! <3

You have just won an entire chocolate cake with the drawing of the best fish in the world. I like the sketchiness of the outline.

Re: PUPPY KICKER

oh man thanks :D

Kodai is my all-time favourite pokemon badguy !
just look at that face, you can't stay mad at him C:
BOOT_wm.jpg

(no Zoruas were harmed in the making of this picture... I think)

related: pokemon world, where trainers beat the shit out of pokemon with bigger pokemon and everyone cheers
but if you're a human and even fucking touch a pokemon (not like that you sicko I mean like punching or something), you're a monster
... okay sure no problem with that

oh man thanks :D

Kodai is my all-time favourite pokemon badguy !
just look at that face, you can't stay mad at him C:
BOOT_wm.jpg

(no Zoruas were harmed in the making of this picture... I think)

related: pokemon world, where trainers beat the shit out of pokemon with bigger pokemon and everyone cheers
but if you're a human and even fucking touch a pokemon (not like that you sicko I mean like punching or something), you're a monster

That looks great. Anyhow, about the related thing, I've always likened it to animal abuse, which is frowned upon in our society, while wild animals eat each other and no one cares. Something like that :U

The Pokémon like to fight one another, it's in their nature. On the other hand, they are predisposed to trust humans to the point of not fighting them, and by this point have come to the mental state where very few would ever attack a human (legendaries excepted, of course); if a human attacks a Pokémon, it's perverting that trust, which would be wrong. A bit like domesticised dogs, I guess.

Hrrrng why do I feel that that was badly explained

stop making art
okay
this is the best suggestion I've heard in a while
(although I feel the origin of the stunfisk should get half of the honor here)

The Pokémon like to fight one another, it's in their nature. On the other hand, they are predisposed to trust humans to the point of not fighting them, and by this point have come to the mental state where very few would ever attack a human (legendaries excepted, of course); if a human attacks a Pokémon, it's perverting that trust, which would be wrong. A bit like domesticised dogs, I guess.
I get your point, but I still can't help but chuckle when this guy just strangles Celebi, a time-traveling magical legendary with psychic powers :'D He's got balls.
maybe I am a horrible human being who knows

I imagine it would take some courage to strangle a thing that could wipe you out of existence with little more than a thought.

So why haven't I heard of this guy?

The PotO drawing is very realistic, good job there. I really like the Vespigor drawing, it just looks so... it would be the illustration under 'Attack Order' in the Big Book O' Attacks, is all.

New flower pokemon rocks. I need one of those really bad. :< Hopefully it can learn Flash? *smacked*

Back
Top Bottom