• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
This battle's going to be somewhat special.

First, the rules. I'm going to use one pokémon (Father) with 1000% health and unlimited energy; moon-panther and Big Red Cherry Bomb will use five normal pokémon apiece. Additionally, as he is nearly a god, Father's base stats are two levels higher than normal (+2, ranging between -4 and +8).

Attack order will be AAB/ABA.

In addition to their combined pool of pokémon, either will have access to Ling and Ran Fan, my riolu and mienfoo, who will gain experience/happiness as normal if used in battle.

For the purposes of experience from my pokémon, the last pokémon to have attacked when Father's health drops below 900, 800, 700, etc will receive 1 exp/1 KO for the purposes of evolution. However if for any reason Father falls below 900% health and then reaches 901%, for example, he will still have to be dropped below 800% in order for another pokémon to gain the experience/KO count. Prizes receive the same treatment - every 100% knocked off counts as another pokémon defeated for the purpose of monetary prizes.

Finally, due to their thematic appropriateness, body mods that were approved but didn't get added into the system will be permitted for this battle; they will be provided in the acceptance posts.

1 vs 10, double, set
DQ Time: 7 days
Damage Cap: 108%
Banned: OHKOs, direct healing, attract, non-FMA-themed sig moves/attributes (business-related modifications are okay), and all moves that work similarly to final gambit, endeavor, super fang, et cetera

Arena: Father's Throne Room

The throne room is certainly large enough for a king of any calibre, but this throne room is obviously not merely for show, or for receiving any sort of audience. Not only is it deep underground, but there are no decorations here, nor anything else tied to mere human sentiment. Every object in this room has some sort of purpose, even if no one can identify what that purpose is.

The floor is covered in thick stone tiles, each a square metre and fitted perfectly together. Other than the occasional scratch marks, they are eerily perfect. The occasional pipe snakes across the floor, presenting a potential hazard for those who aren't careful.

At the very centre of it all, naturally, is the throne. But it's not like any throne most people have ever seen. The throne itself is on a raised circular platform, and while not unusually ornate, there are a multitude of metal pipes connecting to the back of the throne, each with an unknown purpose. Though they don't seem to be leaking through the ports in the back of the chair, they are filled with liquids, some of them funky colours but most of them clear. Beside the throne is a table, appearing like polished wood but truly made of stone. Pipes, thinner than those connecting to the chair, drip unknown liquids into glass flasks and bottles.

Near the throne is a pool of some boiling liquid, a cylinder raised metres above the floor and worse-than-scalding to touch. Naturally, several pipes connect to it, but it does have an open top. Much like standard scalding water, coming into contact with this water presents a 30% chance of a burn. It does have another purpose, however; any liquid that covers the floors is absorbed into a pipe and brought back into this pool, and is boiled clean of any of its normal properties.

The lights from the ceiling circle the throne, and moving too far from it will plunge the battlers into darkness. Though the ground only appears to become clearer as one moves away from the throne, with few if any pipes to threaten one's legs, there is actually quite a lot of rubble from an unknown source.

Generally, the walls of the arena cannot be seen, so far into the darkness as they are. However, behind the throne, what passes for a wall is barely within the range of the lights. Instead of a wall, though, there is a series of massive gears.

Naturally, Father starts off "sitting" on the throne, while BCRB and moon-panther start off sending out their pokémon a ways in front of it.
Please ask before you post challenges with non-standard prize distributions. Your pokémon should not get EXP or happiness for this fight regardless of whether they are used, and KO's/EXP should only be given out for every 200% of Fathers HP, rather than every 100%.

As much as I can deny it, reffing is not quite as fun as actually battling, so...

2 vs. 2 Double
Set
1 Week DQ
50% Damage Cap
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healing moves, Weather moves, 3 chills/Team
Arena: Cave of Origin (Ruby Version)

The version of this cave is the one seen in Pokemon Ruby, post-capure/defeat of Groudon. The participants battle in the deepest cavern. There are five rocky tiers that the Pokemon may battle on, with crystals that radiate extreme heat dotting the arena. If any non-fire-type Pokemon touch these crystals, they will lose 3% health, and have a 5% chance of being burned. The centre of the bottom tier is a pool of lava. Any Pokemon that is not fire-type that falls into the pool will be instantly burned and will lose 5% health, but they will be teleported on to the third tier before serious injury occurs. If a fire-type falls in this lava they will not be burned, but they will still sustain the same amount of damage.

Additional Rules: A Pokemon can not be ordered to hold their opponent(s) in the lava or against a heat crystal.

As much as I can deny it, reffing is not quite as fun as actually battling, so...

2 vs. 2 Double
Set
1 Week DQ
50% Damage Cap
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healing moves, Weather moves, 3 chills/Team
Arena: Cave of Origin (Ruby Version)

The version of this cave is the one seen in Pokemon Ruby, post-capure/defeat of Groudon. The participants battle in the deepest cavern. There are five rocky tiers that the Pokemon may battle on, with crystals that radiate extreme heat dotting the arena. If any non-fire-type Pokemon touch these crystals, they will lose 3% health, and have a 5% chance of being burned. The centre of the bottom tier is a pool of lava. Any Pokemon that is not fire-type that falls into the pool will be instantly burned and will lose 5% health, but they will be teleported on to the third tier before serious injury occurs. If a fire-type falls in this lava they will not be burned, but they will still sustain the same amount of damage.

Additional Rules: A Pokemon can not be ordered to hold their opponent(s) in the lava or against a heat crystal.

As I've given up on the steel scyther one (please remove at your soonest convinience Negrek...) I'll accept this one. We know where the profile is, lets have some fun!

Been intending to do this for a long time.

1&1vs1&1 tag battle
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct recovery
Arena: Metallica Gig
We should probably be enjoying the show. But instead we decided to have a Pokemon battle. Oh, how silly we are. Still, we get the cool effect of having the songs played affect the fighting.

A random song will be chosen and played at the beggining of the match. Each song has a set duration, and after that goes up, another randomized song plays. No song will be played twice. If all songs are played before the battle ends, the gig ends, but the trainers stay and finish the battle.

- All Nightmare Long (7 actions): All Pokemon are put to sleep and cannot cure this condition. When this song ends, so does the slumber.
- Cyanide (6 actions): All Pokemon are poisoned severely and cannot cure this condition. When this song ends, so does the poisoning.
- Damage Inc. (5 actions): All battlers take 10% of damage.
- Disposable Heroes (8 actions): No status moves may be used; all Pokemon act as though under effects of Taunt for the duration of the song.
- Enter Sandman (5 actions): All Pokemon have their abilities replaced by their Dream World abilities for the duration of the song.
- Fight Fire With Fire (4 actions): All Pokemon are burned severely and cannot cure this condition. When this song ends, so do the burns.
- For Whom The Bell Tolls (5 actions): All Pokemon are healed of status conditions and may not be afflicted with any new ones for the duration of the song.
- Master of Puppets (8 actions): All Pokemon gain a 10% Substitute at no price of health. When the song ends, any Substitute on field vanishes.
- Nothing Else Matters (6 actions): All opposite-gendered Pokemon become mutually attracted for the duration of the song.
- No Leaf Clover (5 actions): No critical hits may be scored and no secondary effects of moves will activate unless they have a 100% chance to for the duration of the song.
- One (7 actions): All Pokemon are struck by an Explosion and may not move until the song ends.

If any band member of Metallica is harmed by a stray attack, Metallica Fanboy will rip your fucking face off.
Other: Whether the teams are randomized or preset will be left for this challenge's accepters to determine.

Meh. I'll take this. I suppose that I'm partnered with Karkat.

(posting my very first challenge. let's hope I do this right.)

3v3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: Rest
Arena: A grassy plain
A basic grassy field with no effects.
Other: N/A

(posting my very first challenge. let's hope I do this right.)

3v3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: Standard week
Banned Moves: Rest
Arena: A grassy plain
A basic grassy field with no effects.
Other: N/A

I will take this... First battle, whoot.

3 vs. 3 single
Set
1 week DQ, warnings at 4 and 6 days.
DC:25%/turn, 33%/round
Banned: OHKO
Restricted: Direct and indirect healing: twice total for each trainer after which they may be used half as efficiently, rounded down, or in the case of indirect healing, retain their damaging properties fully but heals the user half as efficiently.

Arena: Here's the map.
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6973/topomap.png

Click for full resolution.
Sorry for the messiness, next time I promise I'll use the computer all of the way to draw, not just to fill in where my scanner wouldn't work. As for the name, I'm not very creative today. Let's just call it, Rapids Valley.
A Pokémon can move a distance in metres equal to ten times the square root of one half of its speed (10*sqrt(speed/2)) during any one turn if on level grassland or dirt, without penalty. The following compound:
  • Forest:*0.8
  • Overgrown grass:*0.8
  • Shrubbery:*0.6, takes 1% energy for every 5 metres travelled. (interpolated and rounded)
  • Rocky:*0.4, takes 1% energy for every 4 metres travelled. (interpolated and rounded)
  • Marsh:*0.7
  • Poisonous plants: *0.8
  • Hills: (Distances are not calculated as the crow flies, unless dealing with flying types.)
    • Up:
      • -At 25% slope, the Pokémon can move at *0.9
      • -At 40% slope, the Pokémon can move at *0.75
      • -At 75% slope, the Pokémon can move at *0.6
      • -At 100% slope, the Pokémon can move at *0.5
      • -At 150% slope, the Pokémon can move at *0.3
      • -Anything more than 200% slope, the Pokémon must find another way.
    • Down:*1.1, if the slope is between -125% and -25% slope. Otherwise it's just *1
The western branch of the main river flows rapidly. It has a 6-foot canyon wall on the western shore. Non-water or flying types shouldn't even try to cross there, lest they stand the risk of being swept out of the arena, and even if they're lucky enough not to, they will get swept downstream and suffer 2d6 in health damage.
Pokémon jumping off cliffs of greater than ten feet (three or more contour lines merged together, ask me if this is unclear) will sustain for each 5 feet jumped excluding the first five: (These are not interpolated. They're stepped)
  • 5% damage if jumping into a marsh
  • 8% damage if jumping into overgrown grass
  • 10% damage if jumping into water (unless it's a water-type)

All of the preceeding don't apply to flying Pokémon. They can move directly from point a to point b. Use your judgement or ask the ref.

The accepter of the challenge gets to pick which set of three points their Pokémon can start on: the upper three or the lower three. Since this is a 1 on 1, their Pokémon starts at the "X" at elevation 4726, near the centre of the map, if they pick the upper three, or on the 4706, also near the centre of the map, if they pick the lower three.

The trainers are standing just outside of the arena limits. The Pokémon can hear their trainers just fine.

The area behind the compass is part of the arena.

Water Pokémon can draw water from sources up to 10 metres away, and can shoot accurately and with full power up to 0.1 times the attack's base power (in metres), both without further penalty in regards to energy.

A Pokémon gets lightly poisoned by going through places with poisonous plants the first time, moderately poisoned the second, etc. Poison-types are exempt.

Seasonal marshes, seasonal rivers, and seasonal lakes are their respective counterparts when it is raining (Rain dance, etc.)
-Except for the seasonal marsh below the seasonal river north of spot elevation 4720. That's a marsh during the round it stops raining.

The small lake on the western piece of land, between elevations 4725 and 4730 does not hold enough water for a surf attack or greater (use your judgement, or ask the referee).

I expect most of the battling to take place on that plateau between elevations 4715 and 4720.

The scale 1:400 as written on the map is wrong. It should be 1:200 on the screen. The drawing of the scale in the top right however is still valid, and one grid is still two metres.

Pokémon have limited visibility in coniferous forests all year round and in deciduous forests in spring and summer. To make matters simpler, let's say it's being held in July.

Other than that, use your creativity and common sense. Refs, fel free to interpret this however you'd like to.

I know this is really detailed and hard to remember so if you need any clarification at all, ask me.

Oh, and on a side note, this will be my first battle.

This looks very complicated for a first battle, but I'll take it :D

Intended for Torronto.

3v3 single
DQ: A week
Banned/Restricted Moves: Instant recovery moves, chills limited to 5/pokemon
Arena: Windblown Stadium

From an aerial view, this grassland looks similar to any other, hills rolling after one another... until you look at it from ground level. One part of the field in particular dips deep into the ground, forming an almost stadium-like bowl of small hills and dips into the ground. The stadium itself is fairly large, enough to maintain maneuverability for most Pokemon that aren't the size of Snorlax. The hills can be used as slight cover, potentially buffering the Pokemon hiding behind it - the smaller the Pokemon, the bigger shield there is between it and the attack.

There is a 10% chance per round that one of three Flying-type moves will ravage the playing field. Each one has an equal chance of happening:

Gust: A slight breeze picks up across the Stadium, sliding around light objects and Pokemon and doing slight damage to all non Flying-type battlers.
Air Cutter: A modest breeze cuts through the Stadium, whipping wind across the faces of Pokemon. There's a 30% chance that any Pokemon could be dazed by the wind for a single action (randomly determined which one) during that round, preventing them from taking their action. Deals moderate damage to all non Flying-type battlers.
Hurricane: A heavy wind gusts through the Stadium, tossing light Pokemon into the air and slamming them back down to the ground. All Pokemon are dealt heavy damage, including Flying-types - Flying-types are actually brought into and spun around in the Hurricane, preventing them from taking any further actions that round (but also making it hard for them to be hit cos they're spinning in a tornado). There's a 30% chance that any Pokemon could be confused.

Additional: No, I don't think so.

Intended for Torronto.

3v3 single
DQ: A week
Banned/Restricted Moves: Instant recovery moves, chills limited to 5/pokemon
Arena: Windblown Stadium

From an aerial view, this grassland looks similar to any other, hills rolling after one another... until you look at it from ground level. One part of the field in particular dips deep into the ground, forming an almost stadium-like bowl of small hills and dips into the ground. The stadium itself is fairly large, enough to maintain maneuverability for most Pokemon that aren't the size of Snorlax. The hills can be used as slight cover, potentially buffering the Pokemon hiding behind it - the smaller the Pokemon, the bigger shield there is between it and the attack.

There is a 10% chance per round that one of three Flying-type moves will ravage the playing field. Each one has an equal chance of happening:

Gust: A slight breeze picks up across the Stadium, sliding around light objects and Pokemon and doing slight damage to all non Flying-type battlers.
Air Cutter: A modest breeze cuts through the Stadium, whipping wind across the faces of Pokemon. There's a 30% chance that any Pokemon could be dazed by the wind for a single action (randomly determined which one) during that round, preventing them from taking their action. Deals moderate damage to all non Flying-type battlers.
Hurricane: A heavy wind gusts through the Stadium, tossing light Pokemon into the air and slamming them back down to the ground. All Pokemon are dealt heavy damage, including Flying-types - Flying-types are actually brought into and spun around in the Hurricane, preventing them from taking any further actions that round (but also making it hard for them to be hit cos they're spinning in a tornado). There's a 30% chance that any Pokemon could be confused.

Additional: No, I don't think so.

I accept ^__^

More quick matches!

1 vs 1 single
Damage cap: 50%
Banned Moves: Limit 5 chills, limit 3 direct healing moves, no fully evolved pokemon
Arena: The Batcave

Apparently, Bruce Wayne is either running out of money or completely mad, because he's started allowing trainers to battle in his formerly secret lair. It's a dark, dank cave, full of strange gadgets in the corners (many of which can be thrown for 5% typeless damage). There's also some trophies, included a stuffed T-Rex, one of the Joker's cars, and a giant penny.

3 vs 3 single
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Indigo Plateau

The arena is the classic Indigo Plateau from the Anime. It is an open roof stadium so weather moves can be used. It houses a good size crowd and has huge television screens displaying the battle.

No fully evolved pokemon.

3 vs 3 single
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Indigo Plateau

The arena is the classic Indigo Plateau from the Anime. It is an open roof stadium so weather moves can be used. It houses a good size crowd and has huge television screens displaying the battle.

No fully evolved pokemon.

I've reffed two of your battles...Now it is time for us to clash in combat!

*Accept

More quick matches!

1 vs 1 single
Banned Moves: Limit 5 chills, limit 3 direct healing moves, no fully evolved pokemon
Arena: The Batcave

Apparently, Bruce Wayne is either running out of money or completely mad, because he's started allowing trainers to battle in his formerly secret lair. It's a dark, dank cave, full of strange gadgets in the corners (many of which can be thrown for 5% typeless damage). There's also some trophies, included a stuffed T-Rex, one of the Joker's cars, and a giant penny.

I'll be taking this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom