• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HG/SS LUXCARIO NEEDS HELP WITH HIS TEAM

You know, I really hate Outrage strategy. Sure, it OHKO's like everything, but it requires no skill and is for noobs, imo. I mean, I'm a fairly successful battler and I've never even once used Outrage. At all.

Or Scizor or Mence, for that matter.

But anyway. If you're looking for good offense, there are better ways to go about it than throwing Outrage on Salamence or Dragonite and having it DD once or twice before destroying everything. One of my personal favorites (and this is actually fairly easy to pull off) is to take your Bibarel with simple, give it a life orb, and get a Ninjask to go with it. What yo do is, send out ninjask (make sure it's holding the focus sash) and have it use Swords Dance once (twice if you think you can chance it--i've done it once or twice) and then get out of there with Baton Pass and switch to your Bibarel. The net result is a Bibarel with a Life Orb and +4 attack and +2 speed. (+6 and +4 if you get two sword dances in) And you can then continue on to take 70% of a salamence's HP with one Quick Attack.

Honestly I don't think you should call a strategy 'for noobs' then bring up baton passing ninjasks. Irony.

And if you do decide to run Dragonite, think about using jirachi as CMrachi pairs well with DD/banded nite.

Last edited:
Honestly I don't think you should call a strategy 'for noobs' then bring up baton passing ninjasks. Irony.

I wasn't saying baton passing ninjasks is cool or not noobish, but passing to bibarel kind of is, mostly because of his bad overall stats.

Which makes sweeping with it all the more fun.

Fair enough. Such as it is, I don't think baton passing is really a strategy recommended for beginning battlers anyways. As you have to know common chain breakers etc.

Naturally powerful attacks is probably better for the dude. I know when I first started battling I used specs/orb latias as a crutch to win over more skilled opponents, just because of how cheap it was. I think strategies like sunny day/TR/BP all work well, but require more knowledge to use than a beginner would know or even understand.

I see what you're getting at, but I really don't want another Outrage addict out there.

If you want to throw him a powerhouse, Let's suggest Jolteon. Sp. Attack 110, speed 130, has access to Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball along with Hidden Power (my favorite to run on Jolteon is grass, but he can run ice if its necessary)The last slot can go to baton pass or something else, I'm not too familiar with Jolteon's movepool. :/

Or he could Rain Dance/Thunder, if that is the path he chooses.

nonononononononononononononononononono no jolteon

Maybe one out of three pokemon that can pretty much kill my entire team. I hate it. Hate it. With a passion.

Back
Top Bottom