• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

If you were an admin here...

I haven't played ASB in ages, but when I did, you didn't have to use actual attacks for each command. A command could be something like, "Fly up and wait for [opponent] to move" or something like that. I don't think it's changed~

But yet, it doesn't feel that way. Anytime I battle, I HAVE to use three moves and in a correct form and everything. Instead, I want to just have a battle where I call off a command as I see fit. Like in a double battle, my Drilly could dig underground while my other Pokemon fights on land or something like that.

ASB is extremely flexible.

I'd probably merge clubs with entertainment because I honestly don't see a notable difference between "amazing series: the discussion" and "amazing series: the club." Oh and condense and update the rules and guidelines some. Probably de-mod moderators who haven't been online in over a year or so, too. And then go on my merry way and lurk for four months.

If I were an admin on this site, I would think very carefully before changing anything, because the site is pretty damn good.

If I was an admin here I would promptly de-admin myself and hand the title off to someone more worthy of it.

....And then I would realize that the only reason I was an admin in the first place was because I was the one most suitable to the task. And I would wonder what the hell had happened to this place that made me the most suitable.

Only two of them haven't been on in a long time, wouldn't be too much of a point. Sort of wonder where Cryssie/Eevee are though.

iirc eevee got fed up with this place and changed his password to a randomly-generated string of characters so he couldn't come back

dunno about Cryssie though, I think she was before I showed up.

EDIT:
I'd probably merge clubs with entertainment because I honestly don't see a notable difference between "amazing series: the discussion" and "amazing series: the club." Oh and condense and update the rules and guidelines some. Probably de-mod moderators who haven't been online in over a year or so, too. And then go on my merry way and lurk for four months.

Well the difference - as I see it, anyway - is that club threads can be bumped (unless they're well and truly dead) because they're not meant to be one topic of conversation throughout the thread, whereas entertainment threads sort of are. Like the quiltbag club talks about quiltbag issues and gets bumped pretty often because it's a general space for people to talk about those issues, in contrast to the threads we get every so often about one political thing that's happened that's relevant to quiltbag stuff (like the prop 8 threads). Also, entertainment threads aren't generally long ones unless they're stickies anyway, because it's often "what do you think of x" instead of "fans of x! let's talk about the new series of x, what do you think about y subplot". Clubs are more or less redundant anyway now that social groups are a thing, I guess. Or well, one of them is, anyway. The social groups feature is neat but suffers from a weak interface, and I think having them neatly tucked away has a more 'clubhouse' feeling to it but that doesn't even make sense uv stop talking

idk I don't really have any feels about demodding people, only that it doesn't really make any difference. The people who have been that inactive (like Cryssie) are probably unlikely to come back, and it's not like keeping them moderators changes anything? /shrug

EDIT EDIT:
why. what purpose would it serve?

no like legit curious, a lot of people are like "if i were an admin i'd do [x]" but then the question becomes what practical purpose does it serve :/
actually shiny bbcode would be kinda useful for ASB if nothing else? but whether that's worth all the effort it would take to implement.... idk.

Last edited:
I heard that Cryssie had just gotten busy with uni life and was now into LARPing, though I can't remember where or who I heard it from which means I may be entirely wrong.

I heard that Cryssie had just gotten busy with uni life and was now into LARPing, though I can't remember where or who I heard it from which means I may be entirely wrong.

No, you're right. But our general attitude is that there's no harm in keeping people modded, and they might always come back. :P

Ah, that makes sense then. My main reasons for de-modding inactive moderators would to make contacting administration easier for newer members, who might not be familiar with the moderation team. Or at least something beyond Forum Leaders that would recommend who to contact for what. But considering how large moderation team is already, that probably isn't worth the trouble. Although I doubt that either Cryssie's or Eevee's password will ever be cracked, I also thought inactive mod accounts posed an unnecessary, albeit very minor, security risk. You could always re-mod them if they come back, right? Ah well, more trouble than it's (its? do both work here?) worth.

As for entertainment/club merge, uv's explanation makes sense. I just tend to prefer to post in entertainment if I'm on the fence about something since clubs tend to have a "members/fans only" vibe. But that's probably me being silly. I agree on groups versus clubs, though. Groups are a great idea, but they're out of the way and tend to get little use. I've seen larger forums do pruning time to time.

Since I sometimes browse on my phone, I'd like it if the hide tag were always used for spoilers as that way I don't have to copy/paste or quote spoilered text in order to be able to read it.

Since I sometimes browse on my phone, I'd like it if the hide tag were always used for spoilers as that way I don't have to copy/paste or quote spoilered text in order to be able to read it.

Seconding. Haha, you were in the Doctor Who thread which is spoiler heaven, huh? Took me five minutes to read all the responses because I kept having to quote.

Back
Top Bottom