• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[09] Grass King vs L'il Dwagie

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
2vs2 Single
DQ: One Week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, weather moves, defog. Direct healers limited to 1/pokémon and chills to 3/pokémon

Terrain: The Battle Pike

The Battle Pike's labyrinthine corridors are dim and quiet, partitioned by heavy red curtains and lined with golden statues. Only the bravest--and, of course, luckiest--trainers manage to wend their way through its treacherous depths to reach the final room, which is dominated by a large, marshy arena. Ordinarily, this is where they would face the might of Pike Queen Lucy in their battle for a Frontier Symbol.

Today, though, Lucy is off on vacation, and it is the TCoD ASB that has set up shop in the depths of the pike. The danger facing trainers is not one of the legendary Frontier Brains, but instead one of their fellow trainers and the swampy patch of ground that retains the Pike's fickle qualities despite the absence of its Brain.

The arena is composed of low islands of reed-edged land, surrounded by shallow (no more than a meter deep), brackish water. Dominating the center of the arena is one large island, about seven meters in diameter; it is here that the battlers will begin the match by default. Arrayed around this are many smaller patches of solid ground, most one to two meters wide and in a variety of shapes. There is also a margin of ground around the edge of the arena, although its width varies from no more than a narrow strip of land to large projections out towards the middle of the field. The ground is damp and covered in thick grass, plus a few wildflowers. Now and again dark shapes will glide beneath the water's surface or something will rustle in the tall reeds, but for the most part the arena is still and innocent-looking. Lucy has also left behind one of the Pike's aides, who would ordinarily provide guidance to trainers stumbling through the maze. Adept at reading the mood of the arena, she will make an observation at the end of each round that alludes to what is likely to happen in the near future. At the beginning of the next round a random effect will take place, based on which of the phrases, outlined below, the aide utters. There is an equal chance of her saying any one of the following:

1. "There is a sense of restlessness about this place..."

There is a 75% chance that a band of croagunk will rise out of the murky water and attack both pokémon, causing 10% damage to each.

There is a 25% chance of a few friendly yanma will take flight, carrying berries to both pokémon, which will be eaten immediately to restore each pokémon's health by 10%.

2. "I seem to have heard something... It may have been whispering..."

There is an 80% chance that nothing will happen.

There is a 20% chance that cricketot hidden in the long grass will begin to chirp a soothing melody, calming both pokémon to the point that they regain 10% energy.

3. "The distinct aroma of pokémon is wafting around the arena..."

There is a 75% chance that a few magikarp will leap pointlessly out of the water, but otherwise nothing will happen.

There is a 25% chance that happiny will emerge from the reeds and offer their eggs to both pokémon, which will be eaten immediately to restore each pokémon's health and energy by 10% each.

4. "Even the air feels like it's holding its breath..."

There is a 65% chance that the arena's built-in weather system will activate, artificially generating conditions of bright sunlight, rain, hail, sandstorm, or fog. There is an equal chance of each weather being selected, and whichever one is "turned on" will last indefinitely, up until the point that this effect triggers again and a new condition is picked.

There is a 35% chance that gastly will drift through the arena, casting a malicious spell on the combatants that steals 10% energy from each.

5. "A cold breeze is racing around the arena..."

There is a 45% chance that vileplume hidden among the grass will release noxious powders to inflict a random status effect on all battlers. Alternatively, duskull may rise up from the ground and use will-o-wisp or chilling ice to freeze or burn one of the pokémon on the field.

Each pokémon is targeted with a status condition according to the following list:

Poison: 35% chance
Freeze: 25% chance
Paralysis: 20% chance
Burn: 10% chance
Sleep: 10% chance

The status effect is determined independently for each pokémon, so one may become burned while the other is paralyzed, for example. If a pokémon is targeted by a status to which it is immune (e.g. the "poison" effect is rolled for a steel-type), then the effect fails and the pokémon escapes being statused. If the pokémon already has the status with which it is targeted, that status' severity will be increased.

There is a 55% chance that vileplume hidden among the grass will release an aromatherapy, removing all major status conditions from both battlers.

Additional Rules: If both pokémon would faint at the end of the last round such that a tie would occur, the winner will be determined as follows:

1. If the pokémon fainted due to perish song, the player whose pokémon used the attack loses. If the pokémon fainted due to a self-destruct move or destiny bond, the player whose pokémon used the attack loses.

2. If one pokémon knocked the other out, but then fainted due to recoil/energy loss/etc., its trainer is the winner.

3. If both pokémon succumb at the same time to some non-damage effect (e.g. both are damaged by hail, poison, whatever), each is restored to 20% health and energy. All terrain effects, status boosts, and status afflictions are cleared, and the pokémon again play until one is knocked out. Turn order proceeds as it ordinarily would have if the pokémon wouldn't have fainted in the "final round."
Grass King's Squad said:
[Arbre] Turtwig (M)

[Sandy] Trapinch (F) <Hyper Cutter>

[Tadpole] Poliwhirl (F) <Water Absorb>
Item: King's Rock
Move Mod: (AHBE) Aqua Ring

[Thor] Luxio (M) <Intimidate>
Signature Attribute: Ancient Species

[Set] Poochyena (M) <Quick Feet>
Item: Blackglasses

[Leonardo Da Vinci] Smeargle (M) <Own Tempo>
Moves: Tail Whip, DoubleSlap, Iron Tail, Protect, Sketch

[Ectoplasm] Haunter (M)
Item: Lucky Egg

[Janus] Girafarig (M) <Early Bird>
Move Mod: (ABHE) Assist

[Adaption] Eevee (F) <Adaptability>
Item: Water Stone
Signature Attribute: Genetic Malfunction
Signature Move: Genetic Helix

[Aglaia] Togepi (F) <Serene Grace>
Held Item: Shiny Stone
L'il Dwagie's Squad said:
[Amaturasu] Riolu (F) <Inner Focus>
Item: Soothe Bell

[Alya] Duskull (F)
Item: Reap Cloth

[Aysu] Chinchou (F) <Volt Absorb>

[Twitch] Zubat (F) <Insomnia>
Item: Brightpowder
Signature Attribute: Caffeine Addiction
Signature Move: Coffee Break

[Koray] Tsuki (M) <Levitate>

[Pal] Shuppet (M) <Insomnia>

[Evil Mothra] Venonat (F) <Tinted Lens>

[Diana] Aron (F) <Rock Head>

[Roomba] Swinub (F) <Snow Cloak>

[Yoshimitsu] Nincada (F)
Item: Smoke Ball

1. Grass King sends out
2. L'il Dwagie sends out and attacks
3. Grass King attacks

Last edited:
Dohoho, the Pike.. feels like I'm back home again~ c:< I wonder if my Pike Karma still holds out. Good luck GK, gods know this place can throw anyone for a loop, but can't say I'm particularly uncomfortable in here myself~

Anyway, Haunter is an interesting match, but I believe best suited would be my spazzed out bat, Twitch, who isn't about to fall for that things trickery.

Let's play it safe to start, though, luck is the name of the game, so let's lead off with a Confuse Ray the first chance we get, I believe we'll leave more major status conditions to chance...
After you manage to confuse him or if he tries to taunt you, feel free to fling Shadow Balls his way. They sting him more than they do us~
Now, if he tries to throw up a protect at any time, just back off and let him cower; Plot your next moves with Nasty Plot and come out swinging for the next turn. As simple as it all may be, I want to see this arena flow a little first before getting a bit more complex~

Confuse Ray / Shadow Ball / Nasty Plot x3

(Also, Twitch should be holding a Brightpowder as her item)

Good Luck Lil' Dwagie! Negrek, you added my Girafarig to Lil' Dwagie's Party...

Okay Ectoplasm, never fear I have a plan!

Start off with a Zap Cannon, to try and do some serious damage, as well as try and Paralyze her. Next use Skill Swap to get rid of that annoying Insomnia ability she has. Finish off by Hypnosis, to try and get her to sleep.

Zap Cannon ~ Skill Swap ~ Hypnosis

Today the Battle Pike has invited a great crowd into its deepest room, one that until now has been seen only by the most determined--and lucky--trainers around, plus the odd building attendant. The mysterious, faintly menacing atmosphere of the place has done nothing to dampen the spirits of those gathered to watch another tournament match. The air is full of happy chatter and speculation; the only people in the room who seem in any way serious are the referee and the Pike attendant recruited to assist with this match, both waiting down by the arena.

As time wears on the audience grows increasingly impatient, though at least they aren't waiting out under the tropical sun as they were at the start of the last round. When the first trainer pushes their way through the curtain covering the main entrance to the arena, the room erupts in a storm of cheering and clapping. L'il Dwagie, looking a little overwhelmed by all the attention, jogs over to one of the boxes marked out at the end of the arena and joins the crowd in waiting, anxiously, for her opponent to appear.

Grass King looks plenty excited to be in the ring, and with good reason--he's back in the game after a first-round loss. At the referee's cue, he doesn't hesitate to send his haunter, Ectoplasm, into battle. As the ghost chuckles to himself, enjoying the flow of pernicious energy that cloaks the Battle Pike's dangerous arena, L'il Dwagie decides on her zubat, Twitch, to counter the specter. The little bat seems barely aware of her opponent as she emerges from her pokéball, jabbering to herself and darting at random around the arena even as the referee gives the signal for the battle to begin.

Round One

L'il Dwagie (OO)
zubat
Twitch (F) <Insomnia> @ Brightpowder
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Confuse Ray / Shadow Ball / Nasty Plot x3
- "Zubatzubatz'batbatbat..."

Grass King (OO)
haunter
Ectoplasm (M) @ Lucky Egg
Energy: 100%
Commands: Zap Cannon ~ Skill Swap ~ Hypnosis
- Ready to make some mischief.

Twitch settles down long enough to fashion an illusionary ball of dancing lights out of empty air, sending it spinning towards Ectoplasm with a flick of her wings. The projectile bursts in the haunter's face, dazzling him with a brilliant flash of light. As he blinks away the stunning blast, Ectoplasm finds his vision swmming in glittering lights, all swirling and vibrating in a most nauseating manner. He tries to concentrate, conjuring sparks in his cupped hands, but the distracting blinking of the confuse ray causes him to lose control of the unstable zap cannon attack. Each time he tries to start it up, it discharges when barely more than a few sparks, singeing Ectoplasm's fingers.

While the haunter struggles and curses, Twitch draws the power of the grave to himself, her breath fogging the air as the temperature around her snout drops. Wisps of ghostly energy seep into the air through a hole in reality, carefully gathered and shaped into a ragged ball by Twitch's wings. The zubat sends the shadow ball spinning towards her opponent and is rewarded as it tears deep into his body, leaving his essence tattered. That's the last straw--Ectoplasm gives up on his zap cannon and tries for a much less taxing skill swap. Strange words roll of the haunter's tongue as he casts a spell over himself and his opponent. For a confused few seconds, he finds himself flickering between his usual self and feeling as though he were much smaller, warmer, and rather twitchier. As the incantation takes hold, a deep feeling of restelessness settles over him, dispelling what little lethargy he had.

In the wake of the skill swap, Twitch finds herself feeling unusually light. She darts around experimentally, enjoying the strange floaty feeling. The curious sensation doesn't get in the way of her shooting another shadow ball at Ectoplasm, though. The haunter growls as the shadow ball, stinging albeit small, rips through his body. His eyeless opponent may be hard to hypnotize by conventional means, but by falling back on soothing pulses of psychic energy, the haunter is able to dial down the mental activity of even his perpetually wired opponent. Twitch drifts gently to the ground, falling into the deepest sleep she's probably had in quite some time.

L'il Dwagie (OO)
zubat
Twitch (F) <Levitate> @ Brightpowder
Energy: 83%
Used: Confuse Ray ~ Shadow Ball x 2
- "Zubatzubatzzzzzzzzzzz..." Deeply asleep.

Grass King (OO)
haunter
Ectoplasm (M) <Insomnia> @ Lucky Egg
Health: 88%
Energy: 92%
Commands: Confused ~ Skill Swap ~ Hypnosis
- A bit less jovial now. Confused (moderate). -1 Special Defense

Terrain Notes
The arena is noticeably quieter without Twitch's muttering. According to the Pike attendant, "Even the air feels like it's holding its breath..."

Final Notes
- Not proofread. Enjoy.
- Grass King attacks first next round.

(I'm sorry to dive into such -immediate- nitpicking, but I only did a total 12% damage? How is that so? If I recall the way you handle damage, an 80 BP move would be reduced twice for reverse-STAB and basic-stage Pokemon, which is 6% a hit yes, but there's the Super Effective factor you may have missed? It should be a 1.5x mod which would leave a good 9% damage per hit, and if the first Shadow Ball lowered his Special Defence even more. Shouldn't it be totalling around 19-20% damage? He also appeared to have hit himself in confusion first turn which would tack on even more..)

I consider base statistics in calculating damage. A pokémon's attack, defense, special attack, and special defense are compared. The highest stat gets a 2% damage boost, the second-highest, 1%, the second-lowest, a 1% damage reduction, and the lowest, a 2% damage reduction. (For defensive stats, the modification is turned into a boost of that amount made by opposing attacks against that stat.) Zubat's lowest stat is special attack; haunter's special defense is relatively good. Thus, deduction on zubat's special attacks.

So the calculation ran "Power 80 -> base 8% - 1% anti-STAB - 1% evo - 3% stat x 1.5 = 4% damage"; the second shadow ball did 6% because of the special defense drop.

Okay start off with a Nightmare, and then use two Dream Eaters, but only if she is asleep. If she is awake, and it is raining, then use Thunder. If she is awake, and it is not raining, then use Psychic.

Nightmare / Thunder / Psychic ~ Dream Eater / Thunder / Psychic ~ Dream Eater / Thunder / Psychic

(I see.. unfortunate I didn't know of that stat calc sooner. But~ nothing that can be done, let's see what I can do with this.)

Hnm. Impressive 50/50 shot there, don't think I've seen a Hypnosis hit since '06.. at least not one of -mine-. Set style too.. leaving you in goes against everything I know, for sure.

Okay Twitchy, no use sitting around then, lets try and raise a little hell anyway with some Sleep Talk. Gods know you keep me up as is like that. As soon as you get up, though, go for a Double Team, for 4 clones, so long as a damaging weather effect hasn't started, I think he'll like his chances of trying that again much less. If Hail or Sand or similar is going to mess you up, however, go straight for Taunt. Let's focus on getting back into this..

Sleep Talk / Double Team (4 Clones) / Taunt x3

The air hanging over the Battle Pike arena grows steadily more chill until Twitch shivers in her sleep and her breath sends little puffs of mist into the air. Even Ectoplasm, a grave-cold individual himself, senses something amiss, glancing nervously around the air as the air is ruffled by a strange breeze. A weird black mist billows from empty air--then grows dozens of eyes and mocking smiles. A great host of gastly hems in Twitch and Ectoplasm, mouths moving as they give voice to a low, eerie chant. Ectoplasm snarls and swats at his tormentors, but feels too weak to do more; the gastly's terrible spell drains the very unlife from his body, leaving it feeling heavy and tired. Twitch, though unaware of the fact, is subjected to the same. The hostile ghosts, their thirst for energy temporarily sated, let out a chorus of unpleasant laughter as they fade from view once more.

Round Two

L'il Dwagie (OO)
zubat
Energy: 83%
Commands: Sleep Talk / Double Team (4 Clones) / Taunt x3
- "Zubatzubatzzzzzzzzzzz..." Deeply asleep.

Grass King (OO)
haunter
Health: 88%
Energy: 92%
Commands: Nightmare / Thunder / Psychic ~ Dream Eater / Thunder / Psychic ~ Dream Eater / Thunder / Psychic
- A bit less jovial now. Confused (moderate). -1 Special Defense

Twitch is whimpering in her sleep, perhaps feeling some echoes of the gastly's spell in her dreams. To Ectoplasm's dazzled eyes, it appears that the zubat is breathing out glittering points of light--just like those, in fact, that continue to swim in front of his vision. The new batch of winking lights swarms over to join their imaginary brethren where they caper in Ectoplasm's mind's eye. The haunter feels a bit of a headache coming on--no matter how hard he tries to concentrate on his nightmare attack, the stomach-turning dance of the lights distracts him. Giving up all pretense of attack, the haunter lashes out blindly, trying to clear them from his vision. Naturally, his flailing does nothing, save occasionally giving the haunter a painful shock when one of his free-floating hands blunders into the other and begins to attack it.

As Twitch once more begins to murmur something incoherent, it appears to Ectoplasm as though the zubat is blowing still more confuse ray stars in his direction. Apoplectic with frustration, the haunter continues to flail about to no greater effect than before.

Twitch's squeaky sleep-talk continues, but this time the zubat has no further illusions with which to torment her opponent. Instead she half-rises, balancing precariously on the delicate spines that would ordinarily anchor her to the ceiling of a cave. With a sudden fluttering of her wings, she sends a small burst of precisely-controlled air at Ectoplasm, ripping a furrow down the middle of the haunter's forehead. The attack doesn't do much more than sting, but it is enough to snap Ectoplasm out of his self-destructive behavior for the moment. His hands stop fighting one another and relax, and the haunter clamps down on his growing wrathe. Peering through the haze of lights that obstructs his vision, he sends one hand shooting downward at Twitch. It sinks into the bat's head with a scooping motion, then comes up again dripping with silvery dream-stuff. The hand clenches, absorbing the raw energy of Twitch's dreams, then drifts back to join its partner in front of Ectoplasm's body even as Twitch stirs uneasily in her sleep.

L'il Dwagie (OO)
zubat
Health: 85%
Energy: 57%
Used: Sleep Talk (Confuse Ray) ~ Sleep Talk (Confuse Ray) ~ Sleep Talk (Air Cutter)
- Oddly fatigued after all that sleeping. Moderately asleep.

Grass King (OO)
haunter
Health: 91%
Energy: 73%
Used: Confused ~ Confused ~ Dream Eater
- Barely hanging onto sanity. Confused (very severe). -1 Special Defense

Terrain Notes
Nothing appears to have changed, but now the Pike attendant says, "A cold breeze is racing around the arena..."

Final Notes

...I thought something was off, not quite GK's turn currently is it..

Alright Twitch, it may be fairly obvious, but keep sleep talking for as long as it's applicable.. of course, how you listen to commands while sleeping is up in the air but... eh, best not to question these things.
Now, as soon as you wake... if you wake, this is why I hate sleep, anyway, let's try something a bit different.. Captivate him, let's soften those hits a bit.
And finally, on the last turn, if you have a turn to spare, Chill - our energy is getting a bit too low.

Now we may get a reprieve with the arena effect and get Aromatherapy'd awake. If this is the case, we'll have used Captivate on the first turn. Chill on the second, and finish off with a Zen Headbutt. If I'm not mistaken, the calcs in this match will favour it's damage..

Sleep Talk / Captivate ~ Sleep Talk / Captivate / Chill ~ Chill / Captivate / Zen Headbutt

Dream Eater if she is asleep, other wise, use Psychic, Knock Off, Thunderbolt.

Dream Eater / Psychic ~ Dream Eater / Knock Off ~ Dream Eater / Thunderbolt

Were Ectoplasm not once more boxing at shadows, caught up in the crazy dance of illusions in his mind, he might have noticed the wind start to pick up, a strange haze of toxins being carried on the breeze. As it is, the haunter doesn't realize anything until he really starts to get buffeted around by the wind. The addled ghost does his best to keep from getting ripped apart by the vicious air currents, but is so preoccupied with doing so that he can't avoid the cloud of golden powder that the breeze carries with it. The stun spore mixes with Ectoplasm's gaseous form, turning it uncomfortably viscous and unresponsive. Still rather fuddled, Ectoplasm is mystified as his body seems to seize up, the stun spore looking altogether too much like the specks dotting his vision and arousing no more than consternation.

Twitch, lying asleep in the grass, misses out on much of the arena's sudden malice. A fine dusting of purple powder does drift down out of the air and coat the grass around her but, protected by her natural immunity, the zubat is free to slumber peacefully on.

Round Three

L'il Dwagie (OO)
zubat
Health: 85%
Energy: 57%
Commands: Sleep Talk / Captivate ~ Sleep Talk / Captivate / Chill ~ Chill / Captivate / Zen Headbutt
- Oddly fatigued after all that sleeping. Moderately asleep.

Grass King (OO)
haunter
Health: 91%
Energy: 73%
Commands: Dream Eater / Psychic ~ Dream Eater / Knock Off ~ Dream Eater / Thunderbolt
- Barely hanging onto sanity. Confused (very severe). -1 Special Defense

A bit of the poisonpowder slides off into the grass as Twitch starts shaking and muttering in her sleep again, slowly clambering into an upright position as she is guided by some unconscious instinct to complete her command. As she prepares her attack, however, a loud buzzer sounds out across the arena; the referee waves a dismissive hand, and Twtich teeters where she is for a moment, frowning, then flops back over and resumes slumber. "Banned attack blocked. Continue," the referee says.

Ectoplasm would probably like nothing more than to do just that, but at the moment his rising anxiety over the paralysis he's acquired is making it hard for him to concentrate. The lingering effects of confuse ray, of course, do nothing at all to help matters. The haunter gurgles and thrashes around in the air, jabbering nonsense. Somewhere in the process he manages to bite his tongue, but that's as productive as his struggling gets.

Twitch is once again muttering in her sleep, apparently unaware of what had happened earlier. Rather than attacking, though, the zubat yawns widely, then slowly raises herself off the ground, taking to the air with a couple of quick beats of her wings. She feels a little drained for some unknown reason, but at the same time oddly refreshed--it's been a long time since she got any serious sleep. Squeaking impatiently at Ectoplasm, she tries to catch the confused haunter's attention. Ectoplasm, who is currently drooling and not looking too well, seems only vaguely aware of her presence, but that doesn't worry Twitch. Giggling at the sight of the haunter's condition, she begins flying tight circles around him, tumbling and spinning through in a series of aerial acrobatics.

Ectoplasm watches Twitch as best he can through the fog of confusion, weirdly mesmerized by her antics--or perhaps by the way that the brightpowder sprinkled over her body winks and sparkles, altogether too reminiscent of the dazzles afflicting his vision. Almost reflexively, the haunter lashes out with a disembodied hand, swatting Twitch down a bit in the air and knocking the brightpowder coating her body free in a light dusting of silver flecks.

Feeling snubbed, Twitch frowns, then flits away, putting a decent amount of space between herself and Ectoplasm. There she hovers, doing no more than flapping now and then to keep her height, and relaxes a bit as she waits to see if the haunter intends to do anything. And he does, in fact; in a moment of clarity, Ectoplasm is entirely ready to zap the zubat with everything he's got. Unfortunately, as he tries to raise a claw and point it in her direction, however, he finds his hands oddly unresponsive. Locked up with paralysis, they hang rigid in midair, now and again spasming but seemingly entirely out of Ectoplasm's control.

L'il Dwagie (OO)
zubat
Twitch (F) <Levitate>
Health: 84%
Energy: 63%
Chills: 1/3
Used: Sleep Talk (Sunny Day) ~ Captivate ~ Chill
- Feeling all right.

Grass King (OO)
haunter
Health: 89%
Energy: 68%
Chills: 0/3
Used: Confused ~ Knock Off ~ Paralyzed
- Struggling against his status ailments. Confused (severe). Paralyzed (severe) -2 Special Attack, -1 Special Defense

Terrain Notes
The wind having died down, the Pike attendant reports, "Even the air feels like it's holding its breath..."

Final Notes
- Twitch's sleep talk produced sunny day, which was blocked because it is a banned move in this battle.

If it's raining, use Thunder, otherwise use Zap Cannon on the first action, then fire two Psychic's!

Thunder/Zap Cannon ~ Thunder/Psychic ~ Thunder/Psychic

Excellent, perfect~ You're doing great Twitch, keep at it~ Let's up the ante a bit, though, that ghost should know better than to pick a fight with a tricksy batty bat like you~ <3
To start, watch out for the Zap Cannon - if he does manage to fire it true, just focus on dodging it. If he fumbles it, though, go ahead and torment him for it, stop those repeated Psychics or Thunders. And of course, if it's raining, torment him right off and keep the Thunderspam out of here.

Next up, if you happened to have to dodge that Cannon, then Torment him now. Otherwise, slam him with a good Zen Headbutt and show him what-for. Finally, we can finish up all the same with a Zeadbutt regardless of the first two actions.

Dodge Focus (Zap Cannon) / Torment ~ Torment / Zen Headbutt ~ Zen Headbutt

Far up in the rafters of the arena, great fans start up with a rumble and a whoosh of air, blowing a powerful breeze down at the battlefield below. Twitch is at first knocked for a loop by the wall of moving air, but she recovers quickly enough and starts to labor through the whipping winds, riding uneasily on the turbulent air currents. Ectoplasm, meanwhile, is buffeted towards the ground, the wind threatening to tear his very body apart. The haunter does his best to keep himself together, but in his confused state can do only a mediocre job, bits of his ghostly body blowing out in long, unstable streamers and his hands acquiring a tendency to drift.

As if the wind weren't bad enough, the weather system begins pouring sand and grit into the air it expels, and soon the arena is lost in a dense cloud of swirling particles that abrade Twitch's wing-membranes and tear Ectoplasm's body even worse.

Round Four

L'il Dwagie (OO)
zubat
Twitch (F) <Levitate>
Health: 84%
Energy: 63%
Commands: Dodge Focus (Zap Cannon) / Torment ~ Torment / Zen Headbutt ~ Zen Headbutt
- Feeling all right.

Grass King (OO)
haunter
Health: 89%
Energy: 68%
Commands: Thunder/Zap Cannon ~ Thunder/Psychic ~ Thunder/Psychic
- Struggling against his status ailments. Confused (severe). Paralyzed (severe) -2 Special Attack, -1 Special Defense

The stinging, buffeting sandstorm helps to bring Ectoplasm back to himself a bit. Anchoring himself as best he can against the vicious winds, he squints through the dark haze of sand at the place where he guesses Twitch should be hovering. The haunter cups his hands, a snarling ball of electricity gathering between them and sending sprays of energy lancing between his fingers. The zap cannon grows to about the size of a small melon before Ectoplasm launches it, hurling it out into the fury of the sandstorm.

Twitch is having about as much trouble sensing her opponent as he is drawing a bead on her; without eyes, the blazing light of the zap cannon is of no use to her, and the tiny particles swirling through the air play havoc with her echolocation. Nevertheless, the zubat can certainly hear the vicious crackling of the zap cannon attack, even over the howl of the sandstorm, as it approaches. Angling a wing, Twitch spins out of the attack's path, and it lumbers on past, slowly dissipating into empty air.

Twitch follows its path backwards to Ectoplasm, feeling the cold spot the haunter causes in the air, and yells with as much malice as she can that his zap cannon has once again been a failure. That's, what, the second time now he's totally screwed up that attack? Maybe he ought to just cut his losses and give up; there's only so many times he can try the something and fail before it starts to get really sad.

Ectoplasm tries to brush the zubat's chatter off as nothing, but unfortunately it hits a bit close to home--he really hasn't been having a lot of luck with those zap cannons, after all. Though unsettled, he tries to focus his psychic energy on Twitch, easily piercing the veil of sandstorm with his mind and reaching out to encircle the zubat's brain. Twitch's tirade breaks off with a pained squeak as Ectoplasm begins stimulating the pain centers in her brain, and soon enough she is struggling to stay aloft despite the haunter's patient mental manipulations.

As Ectoplasm pulls his psychic energy back, Twitch begins raising some of her own, though rather than projecting it outward, she concentrates it in her skull, her short fur standing on end and her ears filling with the buzzing of her own attack as she prepares a zen headbutt. Folding her wings, the zubat plummets straight through Ectoplasm's body, the psychic energy she's gathered dissipating into his gaseous form as she rockets through him. Ectoplasm freezes as the zubat dives through his form, frozen in shock and pain as psychic energy cuts through his very core. While Twitch pulls out of her plummet and returns to hovering altitude shortly enough, Ectoplasm has to spend a few seconds simply regrouping, and in doing so loses his opportunity to attack.

L'il Dwagie (OO)
zubat
Twitch (F) <Levitate>
Health: 71%
Energy: 53%
Used: Dodge Focus (Zap Cannon) ~ Torment ~ Zen Headbutt
- Getting a little tired.

Grass King (OO)
haunter
Health: 70%
Energy: 54%
Commands: Zap Cannon ~ Psychic ~ Flinch
- Extremely unhappy in the sandstorm. Confused (moderate). Paralyzed (severe). Tormented (3 more actions). -2 Special Attack, -1 Special Defense

Terrain Notes
A sandstorm is raging around the arena, obscuring the pokémon behind a wall of flying grit. The Pike aide says, "There is a sense of restlessness about this place..."

Final Notes
- Twitch's zen headbutt caused Ectoplasm to flinch.
- L'il Dwagie attacks first next round.

Eeck, sand, always sand *ptft*

Alright, we need to get this show on the road Twitchy, now that he's in no condition to fight. Bombard him with Zen Headbutts.. But watch for Status conditions. If he's going to try and stick you with a status, throw a 15% Substitute up.. might cut our HP a little thin, but it'll benefit in the long run. Finally, if he throws his shields up and protects, then just Chill it out.. or as much as you can in this bloody sand.

Zen Headbutt / Substitute 15% / Chill x3

Okay Ectoplasm, have no fear. Start off by phasing out. I can't remember if that takes a full action or not, but either way just spawn Psychics for the rest of the time.

Phase (and Psychic if possible) ~ Psychic ~ Psychic

Back
Top Bottom