• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

some vague semblance of art

DarkAura

loves terra "brain cells? idk her" kingdomhearts
In which I mean, "hey, I've got art, look at it." Because I thought it'd be fun to post all my art for the world to see.

"Wowzers! What dya draw, DA?"
A whole lot of things! Sometimes fan art, sometimes little doodles, mostly just drawings I feel turned out nicely.

"Gee willickers, how often do you post your art?"
Whenever!

"Golly! Can you post something now?"
Of course!

iE0IcXrh.jpg

If2SZN8h.jpg

I take criticism, suggestions, all that jazz.

Yeah, I've kind of gotten used to using to more rounded SU-like faces, so I can't blame you for seeing a resemblance.

D'aww, thanks. <3

MYoXMYoh.jpg

"Why won't you just let me do this for you, Rose?!"

Ac9ZcTY.png

He's a magical human created by the universe who can manipulate reality at his whim, and while he has a lot of innocent fun with it, he's more eager to learn what it means to be a human.

I want to learn so much about animation, and when I know enough I want to make Average Joe a short little cartoon. I just love this concept so much, I really wanna do something with it.

y'know i'd like to think that after nearly a year i'd show some growth in my skills of art-ing.

guess you could call it... some vague semblance of improvement???? ha ha gosh dang oh darn am I snickity snack hilarious.

tumblr_o8w3m3mCLc1sjsiuzo1_1280.png

tumblr_o9nonvfxYi1sjsiuzo1_1280.png

'cause shit man, I do love me some Miraculous Ladybug.

tumblr_o9mrru6qsK1sjsiuzo1_r1_1280.png

The proportions are a lil' wonky and all, and I feel like I didn't do the character justice with how I drew her, but jeez Phi was like my favorite one in Virtue's Last Reward, it'd be impossible not to draw her!!

Criticism totally obliged! c:

WHO'S READY FOR THEIR... uhhhhh... bimonthly update? Is that twice a month or every other month? Because you should know I mean the second one.

tumblr_oeap21zme71sjsiuzo1_1280.png

If you're a ~true blue follower~ of ~my blog~, you'd know this is what I use for my tumblr avatar! Volpina's my favorite character from my favorite show, so naturally she's my avatar!!

tumblr_oc33ockkvi1sjsiuzo1_1280.jpg

Tom! It's debatably unfinished but this really was just practice more than anything. Still liked how it turned out though!

tumblr_obrls7YIrv1sjsiuzo1_1280.jpg

This one's even more unfinished, but jeez man I'm not tackling backgrounds just yet, I'm just tryna learn one thing at a time.

None of these are really all that recent and they've been up on my tumblr for a little while, but whatev! It's mostly just to showcase what I've been learning. For the most part I've been trying to get the hang of color theory, which you could probably see on the last two especially. I'm really liking the progress I've been making here!! c:

how do you do this with your hands?? it's freaking amazing

To be honest, I prefer your pencil drawings over your computer ones. I think they're just better.

heck if I know, but holy shit tysm!! :D

Oh dude same here, I've been practicing much more on paper than digitally, so paper drawings just feel so much more natural to me. But like, I don't really have a scanner so I can't make pencil drawings look all nice and neat and without totally blurry camera quality, and I don't have a tablet or computer (all the "computer" ones are just done on my phone and it sucks so much holy fuckle man) so I can't really convert stuff drawn in that medium online in a way that looks and feels as natural as drawing on paper. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Who's ready for their TRIANNUAL UPDATE that NEVER EXISTED until NOW

tumblr_oijzgxNjD31sjsiuzo1_1280.png

tumblr_ojqzmcGZWD1sjsiuzo1_1280.png

Lila will always be my favorite evil fox girl alright.

tumblr_ojyjv9zzZ91sjsiuzo1_1280.png

"He's got your handwriting down cold."

tumblr_okdii5bGtI1sjsiuzo1_1280.png

Mostly serves as a background test tbh

tumblr_okzn6dMGB51sjsiuzo1_1280.png

Just wanted to draw something cute for my desktop background, I might go back and make the background prettier or something.

I'm super happy with how all of these are turning out, it makes me stoked to see the progress I'm making!! c:

dankaura, could you draw me a bowl of salad

don't worry fam, i gotchu on the next batch, swearsies

Back
Top Bottom