• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Hmm! I'm sure when I was younger, I would have been thrilled about the short wait time, haha. Now as an adult, I haven't even gotten to Sun/Moon yet and someone is gonna have to tell me if I should still play Sun/Moon, or just skip straight to UltraSun/UltraMoon!

I'm excited about the lack of waiting time. It gives me hope that Gen 4 remakes might already be in the works. In the meantime, I'm just hoping that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon have a National Pokédex.

In the meantime, I'm just hoping that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon have a National Pokédex.

My feelings exactly. At least there's the Pokedex on Pokemon Bank to hold us over, even if it's not the greatest.

Anyway... Those new Necrozma+Solgaleo/Lunala fusion things! I think it's rad how Necrozma is getting center stage in these games, since we know so little about it. But what do you think about the whole fusion thing he has going on? With Kyurem it made sense, since he looked sort of... Unfinished, I guess, but these new things are straight out of left field, and I don't know what their deal is.

Anyway... Those new Necrozma+Solgaleo/Lunala fusion things! I think it's rad how Necrozma is getting center stage in these games, since we know so little about it. But what do you think about the whole fusion thing he has going on? With Kyurem it made sense, since he looked sort of... Unfinished, I guess, but these new things are straight out of left field, and I don't know what their deal is.

I'm right there with you as far as not knowing what's going on. Colress is in town, though, so I'm expecting something very similar to the Kyurem situation.

So I was totally going to start a thread for these games, but it turned out we already had one!

Now that the games are only a couple months away, what are you thinking? Are you planning to run out and buy these, are you still on the fence?

As far as I'm aware, the only substantial news we've gotten recently is that there's a new form of lycanroc available in the games, which will be available by evolving an event-only rockruff.

For me, I'm not in a place to be buying the games at launch anyway (which means I'm going to miss possibly my only chance at dusk lycanroc this gen, sigh), and whether I eventually get them or not is definitely going to depend on what ends up being implemented in these new versions, and there just isn't enough known about them for me to make a decision yet. I had a fair number of problems with Sun/Moon, in particular the sparse post-game, so unless the games are pretty substantially altered, I probably won't be getting them. Although if they really do have a completely different story, which was kind of implied by the earlier advertisements for the game, I'd definitely be more inclined to give it a shot.

All in all I'm more puzzled than hyped by the way they've been handling this release. It's so close on the heels of SuMo, and they've been super close-lipped on what the games actually are. I'm definitely curious as to where they're going with these games, but not curious enough to just go out and buy them without some further information about what exactly I'd be getting.

Now that the games are only a couple months away, what are you thinking? Are you planning to run out and buy these, are you still on the fence?

Definitely going to get them, because I have a special place in my heart for third versions like Platinum and B2/W2. Also I'm kind of intrigued by it, since there are a lot of things in the trailer that weren't in vanilla SuMo, and I feel like it'll answer a lot of questions about the UBs and Necrozma, which is something I'm definitely interested in.

As far as I'm aware, the only substantial news we've gotten recently is that there's a new form of lycanroc available in the games, which will be available by evolving an event-only rockruff.

Yeah, I have to admit, I'm not too keen on Dusk form Lycanroc, and from what I can tell, other people feel the same. They literally just took Midday form, turned it orange, and gave it Midnight forms hair. But I guess they tried their best to make a mix between the two original Lycanrocs, and it's not like I hate it with a passion, so it's fine.

For me, I'm not in a place to be buying the games at launch anyway (which means I'm going to miss possibly my only chance at dusk lycanroc this gen, sigh), and whether I eventually get them or not is definitely going to depend on what ends up being implemented in these new versions, and there just isn't enough known about them for me to make a decision yet. I had a fair number of problems with Sun/Moon, in particular the sparse post-game, so unless the games are pretty substantially altered, I probably won't be getting them. Although if they really do have a completely different story, which was kind of implied by the earlier advertisements for the game, I'd definitely be more inclined to give it a shot.

I would imagine so; what with the new Solgaleo and Lunala forms needing explaining, the new trailer scenes, and the fact that Black 2 and White 2 pulled off almost the exact same thing to wide acclaim makes me almost certain they'll give it a different story.

All in all I'm more puzzled than hyped by the way they've been handling this release. It's so close on the heels of SuMo, and they've been super close-lipped on what the games actually are. I'm definitely curious as to where they're going with these games, but not curious enough to just go out and buy them without some further information about what exactly I'd be getting.

Actually, they released one other thing to build up hype for US/UM, but not many people heard of it, since it was in Japan website only. Basically what it is is three characters (a Ruin Maniac, a Physics Professor/Supernatural Disbeliever, and an Occult Maniac/Supernatural Believer) discussing all the supernatural events and Pokemon that have occurred throughout all the games, from time manipulation to UFOs. It's kind of interesting, even though it offers pretty much zero information (although there is some cool new official art on there), and it really builds on the mystery element around the UBs, Ultra Space, and the games themselves. Unfortunately, it's all in Japanese, so you either have to know the language, or use Google Translate and work your way through some broken English, which while it does make the dialogue funnier, it also makes it more confusing then it already is. But regardless, I'd still definitely check it out.

Site: http://www.pokemon.jp/special/mystery/

Last edited:
If you haven't seen, there was recently another trailer released recently, as well as info about an expanded photo-taking system that builds on the pokéfinder functionality from SuMo.

I would imagine so; what with the new Solgaleo and Lunala forms needing explaining, the new trailer scenes, and the fact that Black 2 and White 2 pulled off almost the exact same thing to wide acclaim makes me almost certain they'll give it a different story.
I dunno, recent reveals are making it look even more like this is going to be third-version-ish rather than sequel-ish in the vein of BW2. The main characters appear to be the same as in SuMo, and besides mention of a different story in one of the promos there hasn't been much to suggest big plot changes: just stuff like certain characters being more prominent. They definitely do need to explain more about Necrozma and how it interacts with Solgaleo/Lunala, but I'm still betting on something more like a Platinum-level plot change than a straight up new storyline. Or perhaps they'll do more of a "supplement"-style approach, like with the Delta Episode in ORAS.

Actually, they released one other thing to build up hype for US/UM, but not many people heard of it, since it was in Japan website only.
I had indeed not heard of it before! So, this was released to get people hyped for the new games? The fact that it discusses sort of supernatural mysteries doesn't necessarily mean that we're going to get a ton of new stuff about that in the actual game, I don't think, but it's definitely cooler than what the English promos have covered, I think.

There are trailers and in one of them it looks like there is a rock ruff following th main character. I would be so excited if there was a return of pokemon following you. I played soulsilver and it was so fun to have your pokemon travel with you. If this was a thing it would look amazing in the graphics. Not that long ago a data miner found walking and running sprites for all pokemon in pokemon sun and moon.

Back
Top Bottom