• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What's going on?

Murkrow

Says "also" and "or something" a lot
Pronoun
he
kpWD1xC.png

AND SO I CRY SOMETIMES
WHEN I'M LYING IN BED
JUST TO GET IT ALL OUT
WHAT'S IN MY HEAD
AND I, I AM FEELING A LITTLE PECULIAR
AND SO I WAKE IN THE MORNING
AND I STEP OUTSIDE
AND I TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND I GET REAL HIGH
AND I SCREAM FROM THE TOP OF MY LUNGS
WHAT'S GOING ON?

AND I SAY, HEYEAYEAYEAYEAH
HEYEAYEAH
I SAID HEY, WHAT'S GOING ON?

If you follow Butterfree's tumblr, she mentioned someone was performing some sort of low-grade attack on the site, hitting a couple of pages over and over again every few seconds. This was accompanied by a script that would automatically register thousands of new accounts on the forums. opaltiger caught this pretty early on the first time it happened and turned registration off, and Butterfree deleted the ~2,000 accounts the bot had made and set up some countermeasures against the person spamming the site.

I realized yesterday that registrations were still off (presumably why we haven't had new members for several weeks...) and turned them back on. This was a bad idea! I turned them off again.

So it's not currently possible to register on the forums, and I imagine it'll stay that way until Butterfree figures out what's up with the registration bot.

Is this also why the Online Users stats list 9000+ active members on some days, and ~70 on most days? I've noticed that every once in a while.

A whole bunch of bot-guests flooding the board (trying to register and failing) could be the source of that, yeah.

I'd like to see the word lists the names are being generated from. They seem delightfully eclectic. (And quite often, things I can actually see someone calling themselves!) MissionLivermorium? MixtureMaybe? MixtureMaybe is what my first band is going to be called.

There's just so many good usernames here though. ChunksWoman? DoublePony? MergeMustache? GolferIncrease? HonkyPeak? IrregularHernia? MongolianColon?

Someone please make a mafia choice game with roles based on these names.

Personally I dig KneecapsCracked, ConcaveCapitalist and LatvianStyle.

(I don't know why this is happening here of all places, but it is so freaking hilarious)

Personally I dig KneecapsCracked, ConcaveCapitalist and LatvianStyle.

(I don't know why this is happening here of all places, but it is so freaking hilarious)

Ooooh, Latvian Style! That's my favourite style!

LhotseCorpsucle
GalliumThreatened
FashionBooby
InfluenceWheel
MacabreAny
GiraffeVolvox
MembraneSmug
LogoVolkswagon
JaialaiAffine
MosquitoeRichochet
MilitaryCliche
LesionsSitesearch
KnowledgeTumors

Okay, I think I fixed it. User registration is back on for now.

Presumably Butterfree will be deleting all those extra accounts in the next couple days, so you'd write down any particular favorite usernames you want to remember.

Back
Top Bottom