• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Battle Frontier team

Autumn

bye
Pronoun
she
Several months back I decided I wanted to beat the Battle Frontier, so I pulled three Pokémon I liked from Smogon and got some movesets I thought were pretty cool and threw them together into a team. I used it on the Battle Tower and tried to beat that place for several months - the farthest I ever got was losing to Palmer's Cresselia. The last Pokémon I would have had to beat. I tried for a long time after that and never got back up to him.

Then I realized my movesets prolly weren't so hot... and not my IVs (0-1 Attack on Blaziken what) either.

Then today I asked a friend if she would be willing to train up the same team in the hopes of it having better IVs for me. She said yes. But before I send her the data I want to see if if the Pokémon/movesets are very good...?

Blaziken@Choice Band
Adamant, 252 atk/252 spe/4 spd
Stone Edge
Blaze Kick
Thunderpunch
Superpower

Starmie@Choice Specs
Natural Cure
Timid, 252 spa/252 spe/4 hp
Surf
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Ice Beam

Dragonite@Leftovers
Adamant, 224 hp/84 atk/200 spe
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Roost

I can't think of much to say, Battle Frontier really doesn't need as much strategy as online play, so you can go with the in-game method of "hit stuff" But I'm getting off course.

I'd say your team is good enough, it covers a wide variety and it should all work out pretty well.

I think your team needs Aerial Ace somewhere, given Battle Frontier. :/

Right, so today I was thinking and I figured that if I am going to bribe ASK POLITELY FOR my friend to breed me a Battle Frontier team I might as well change it so it has better Pokémon. :V

New idea:
Starmie@Choice Specs
Natural Cure
Timid, 252 spa/252 spe/4 hp
Surf
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Ice Beam

I actually already possess this Starmie (which has a perfect Speed IV, to boot) and would rather not change it if I could help it. But its IVs aren't perfect (other than the aforementioned Speed), and I may get my friend to breed me a new one anyway.

Lucario@Choice Band
Inner Focus
Adamant, 252 atk/4 def/252 spe
Close Combat
Extremespeed
Crunch
Ice Punch

I pulled this set directly from Smogon, but I may replace Extremespeed with Earthquake, if only because then the set super-effectives on every single type (haven't checked double types) except Water, Fighting and Bug. That also means it would probably be my Pokémon of choice for the Battle Hall, especially considering it would be capable of hitting Shedinja. My previous team had Blaziken as the only thing that could hit it, and Blaziken died against a Slowbro (after beating a Suicune) so I doubt its ability to win the entire Hall. So I used Starmie and hoped to God that the Ghost battles would not include Shedinja. ... It's very rare to get one without Shedinja. :( Also Crunch super-effectives on Cresselia, which was the downfall of my previous team. (It was Palmer's last Pokémon, too, but it had super-effectives on all three of my Pokémon and I lost. That was awful.)

Salamence@Choice Band
Naive, 248 atk/8 spa/252 spe
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Stone Edge

Again, pulled off Smogon. I put Dragon Claw over Outrage because I'm not fond of the confusion problem. Would like to utilize comments from the previous team and add Aerial Ace, except over what I'm not sure. Stone Edge maybe? The other three moves get at least neutral hits on everything.

Yes, I know that all three of these are Choice items. I simply hate the delay involved with setting up (no matter how useful it is) and this is for the Battle Frontier, where opponents don't set up and matches are only three on three. Although I hate being locked into moves, too. Hmm. Expert Belt, perhaps? That might work well with Lucario, especially considering what I already mentioned about how putting Earthquake over Extremespeed would allow it to get super-effectives on every single type except Water, Fighting and Bug. (And Weezing, 'cause of Levitate, but.) It's worth noting that Thunderbolt would cover Water, Psychic/Aerial Ace would cover Fighting and Fire Blast/Aerial Ace would cover Bug, which means I can hit every single type (again, dunno about double types) for super-effective.

Again, thoughts? I didn't disregard your comments on my last team, but I figured that I might as well get a better one overall for more of a winning chance.

well, it's only three pokemon to a team, so the recoil is generally affordable.

it was just a suggestion to go with the expert belt idea.

sash sala and put dragon dance on it? that solves its speed problem and gives it ridiculously high attack, but you said you didn't want setup.

stone edge; dragon/ground covers just about everything other than bronzong, which stone edge wouldn't be much good against it, anyway. since it's not locked into a move, you can actually hit everything neutral instead of hoping there isn't a levitator/flying-type on the other side.

actually, yache would probably work, too. since physical counters get hit by intimidate first, and ice is the only common SE.

stone edge; dragon/ground covers just about everything other than bronzong, which stone edge wouldn't be much good against it, anyway. since it's not locked into a move, you can actually hit everything neutral instead of hoping there isn't a levitator/flying-type on the other side.

Then... where do I put Aerial Ace?

oh, yes. well... ignore what I said, then. though ideally, you should be able to KO things before they can set up with +1 to attack and speed.

Back
Top Bottom