• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

UK-based Eurofags, I have a question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to pose a question here. I'm curious.

So UKians and whatnot call cookies 'biscuits', right?

In America, we call these

biscuitscy0.jpg

"biscuits". What do you UKians call those? ^

This. 'Douche'... what does it actually mean, anyway? When I hear/read it, it makes me think of a soggy, used teabag for some reason.
It's uh a hygiene product used to wash out various orifices.

Lorem_Ipsum said:
So, if you say 'car', then other people think you are a lunatic?
yeah "car" is used in the US, too o.o "Automobile" is just a catch-all term for cars, trucks, vans, etc. "Vehicle" is wider and also refers to bicycles, trains, boats, rickshaws, submarines, ...

Cirrus said:
Like all the Engrish you see, if there's an opportunity, usually American English will be there, and in Japan they learn American pronunciation. Which is pretty stupid because British pronunciation would be so much easier for all the Japanese kiddies. D:
What in the world are you on about? There are like three words that are actually pronounced differently there; the rest is just accent.

I'd like to pose a question here. I'm curious.

So UKians and whatnot call cookies 'biscuits', right?

In America, we call these

biscuitscy0.jpg

"biscuits". What do you UKians call those? ^

They look like scones but I'm probably wrong.

What in the world are you on about? There are like three words that are actually pronounced differently there; the rest is just accent.

Well, sorry if you couldn't figure it out.
I'm talking about the 'accent', then, but there are different accents used all throughout the USA, I'm talking about the universal 'way of pronouncing things' - i.e. 'r'

EDIT: Also aware that's accent, but I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about, there's no need to correct me further, okay?

Don't be so childish. Spelling and pronunciation differences are not srs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom