• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Absol's Moonlit Cave (the return of!)

Sandstone-Shadow

A chickadee in love with the sky
Pronoun
she/her
If any of you remember it, my website Absol's Moonlit Cave is open again, thanks to Kratos for hosting me. =)

Right now, there's more stuff down than there is new; I'm in the process of revising several pages and adding several more. But there's enough content to look at, I think, so I decided to reopen.

Any comments/criticism?

I like it~
I have, in fact, seen the old one and really wanted it to reopen. I forget some of it (sorry...) but am happy~~~~~

I like it~
I have, in fact, seen the old one and really wanted it to reopen. I forget some of it (sorry...) but am happy~~~~~
Thanks! =]

I'm a bit annoyed by the striking of non-menu hovered links. haven't really looked at the content yet, though.
Hmm. How come? If it really bothers you, there's three other styles you can use that don't have it. Although I might do some cooler things with them eventually anyway.

mostly because, once I hover, I can't read what the link is for anymore.
Hmm, that's a valid point. I'll keep that in mind when I explore some other options.

incidentally, when every I see amc I think of this amc. but that's unrelated.
Ahaha, yeah! I think of it in the opposite way (the math one makes me think of my website) but that's just because I started my website before I became familiar with the math AMC.

Since it's been over a month, I think it's safe for me to bump this thread...!

Anyone have any criticism or suggestions for AMC? Feedback is greatly appreciated. =3

I'm working on revising some older pages as well as making a new style or two. About the styles: are there too many dark-on-light styles? When I first made them, I thought I had a good variety because some have light colors and some have dark, but I realized that all but one of them have black text on a light background. Do I need more styles with light text on a dark background, or does the overall darkness of some of the styles make that okay?

Fwee! It's back! :3 I remember I actually found this site a while ago, then when I checked it again a day later it was closed... ||OTL But yay~

As far as styles go... um, no, I don't think there are too many dark-on-light styles, actually; it looks fine to me. If anything, I feel like the Golden Sandstorm Version's layout is a bit odd; really just in the way that it's formatted more than anything, I feel like the sidebar's a bit too wide. That might've been what you were going for, and if it was, then never mind what I'm saying, but it does take a bit to get used to, especially compared to the other styles.

For content itself, you could go with reviews of the games, or just reviews of certain Pokemon or Pokemon generations. That sort of thing would be something you couldn't find anywhere else, because they're your personal opinions rather than a regurgitation of facts you could find on Serebii or something XD Those are always good things to go with, your own opinions... Additionally, if you ever plan on playing through one of the games again, you could post about your progress, whether that's in the form of screenshots or journal entries or, well, whatever. |D Even better if you're doing something like a Nuzlocke challenge, or a single-type run.

Well, there's all I got for suggestions. It looks pretty good so far, now that you've brought it back; keep at it, man~ c:

Thanks for the comments, Loffyglu! =)

It is rather different. I was kind of going for the menus to be as wide as the banner, but not really for any purpose other than I thought it would look cool. =) I guess I don't really want to change it because there are other styles that have a less unusual format, but thank you for your feedback!

Hmm, okay, those are good suggestions! I've been doing some explorations with glitches in Red; maybe I'll make a little journal about that.

Thanks again for your post! =)

So! It's been about six months, so I'd say it's safe to bump this... xD;

Now that exams are over for me, I have more time to work on AMC. I've been doing a few little things, basically just creating and updating albums of graphics on the site.

I have some bigger ideas, mostly on this to-do list page. Are there any in particular that you guys would like to see?

I guess I'm just looking for feedback in general~ I love to improve things, so if you have suggestions for how I can improve my site, that would be awesome! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom