• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

Aggron is one of my favourite Pokemon, both design and gameplay-wise. I don't have to say much about the design -- badass metal monster that looks ready to wreck your shit at any given moment. (it will also make beautiful gardens out of its mountain home)

As for how it is in battle, I actually use it as a late-game cleaner. Rock Polish + Rock Head Head Smash is a beautiful thing.

New day, new Pokémon. And it is...

magikarp.gif

Good old Magikarp. While it's practically worthless competitively, who doesn't love Magikarp?

"A riveting underdog story." -Publishers Weekly

Magikarp is beautiful. I wasn't sure whether I should laugh or cry when I saw its in-game animation in Y so I just ended u with a sad confused grin.
I'm don't think it's fair that even Feebas gets a 'swimming' animation when all Magikarp gets is a bunch of insulting dex entries. Poor thing.

I'm don't think it's fair that even Feebas gets a 'swimming' animation when all Magikarp gets is a bunch of insulting dex entries. Poor thing.

What? How come this pair of counterparts doesn't have similar animations? How come this quartet of counterparts doesn't get a similar animation? I count Goldeen and Finneon!

I think that back in its times of glory, Magikarp could be counterparted with Goldeen. Because they're both fish-shaped, don't learn many Water-type moves, Goldeen is a strong fish with long veil-like fins and evolves into another fish, and Magikarp is a weak fish with small spiky fins and evolves into a dragon. And then Feebas came... Another plain fishie with a dragon evo, this time focused on Special stats rather than Attack and Special Defense... And then Finneon, counterparting both Goldeen and Feebas. And if you think Finneon doesn't connect to Magikarp, whose evos are blue and whose are more on the reddish side? The only thing that doesn't fit is Seaking being ugly, but that might be mirrored by Feebas.

My mind is weird.

I think that back in its times of glory, Magikarp could be counterparted with Goldeen. Because they're both fish-shaped, don't learn many Water-type moves

Also Goldeen is the useless one in Super Smash Bros!

You know how Magikarp evolving into Gyarados is a reference to some legend of a fish climbing up a waterfall, do you think that's why Gyraradosite is found at a waterfall in XY?

You know how Magikarp evolving into Gyarados is a reference to some legend of a fish climbing up a waterfall, do you think that's why Gyraradosite is found at a waterfall in XY?
This is possible! I think they even went so far as to mention that myth at some point in the games.

And I'm going to have to agree with Equinoxe on how mean Game Freak is to Magikarp.

Pokédex Entry said:
"It is virtually worthless in terms of both power and speed. It is the most weak and pathetic Pokémon in the world."

That's pretty crappy, if you ask me. Not to mention its countless other entries proclaiming its uselessness.

oh my god superbird

Magikarp just got about 100 times better.

I think a good way to cover all Pokémon equaly is using the 'mon of the day from the Zodiac. For example, tomorrow it would be Sawk.

Can we talk about Litleo today?

It's definitely a contender for cutest Pokémon ever. Even its cry is cute. The way its overworld model sits down when you get the way of its running around.

Cuuuuute. Why is it that so many of the cutest Pokémon are fire types that are based off of cats/dogs? There's Litleo, Vulpix, Growlithe, Fennekin and Houndour.

Last edited:
I think Litleo is pretty damn cute myself, plus I like the typing. Fire/Normal is pretty unique. And when it evolves, it looks just plain cool. Especially male Pyroar, just look at it's majestic mane!

Back
Top Bottom