• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Discussion/Sign Up] War of Gerathena

River

What if I'm asleep?
The world of Gerathena was peaceful until a black hole came in contact with it warping it massively and giving some of the people powers. Others were sucked into the vortex’s midst and thrown into another world.
Of the remaining people one was given tremendous powers and he used them to take over the planet. They called him the Black King.
He travelled the planet killing all those who opposed him or casting them into the nothingness of the black hole. After many years passed a Resistance was formed that stole from the food carts bound for the kings palace or assaulting his guards. After seven more years passed the king became more evil, brutally murdering those who didn’t pay his taxes. He started The Guard, an army of ruthless phantasms that roam the orbiting remnants of Gerathena, a purple mist follows them wherever they go chilling the air and reducing enthusiasm wherever they go. Recently many more of the human like beings are affected by the black hole which now sits at the core of the floating islands that make up Gerathena. They have been given powers unlike any previously known. They may be the last hope.

Rules:
1. Common sense, basic rules of course.
2. You can have almost any ability or physical trait but it will develop over time, nothing appears quickly.
3. This world isn't high-tech in any way, so pulling out a machine gun would make no sense.
4. Be aware that you dont have to have an ability or physical trait, you can be a normal being.
5. Mutations will develop over time, so using other than their main purpose is fine, (eg. Wings might develop a hard coating so they can be used as shields, Water manipulation to freeze things, Transformation might develop so you can transform parts of you).
6. Have fun

Character Form:
Name:
Appearance: (How they look, post an image if you want)
Ability/Physical Trait: (Ignore if you want them to be a normal being or put down any skills your character has)
Personality: (how do they act?)
Background: (what happened in their lives)

Example:
Name: Arctus
Appearance: Black raged hair, Icy Blue eyes, Broad shoulders. Wears a Black hooded jumper and black jeans, a knife he stole from a spectre hangs at his belt.(Yeah im not the best at descriptions)
Ability/Physical Trait: Shadow Transformation/Manipulation
Personality: Kind at heart but finds it hard to trust people.
Background: Arctus's family was murdered before his eyes and his twin sister was dragged off, He was struck down by a Spectre but found himself alive and well on one of the many Island remnants of Gerathena. it was there that he discovered his powers, he swore he would find his sister and help anyone who the Black King harmed.

Reserved:

Who's Who:
Arctus/River
Hilao (Hi-Lay-Oh)/Pichu Chris
Joseph/Explosion
Raylond (Ray-Lend)/Barubu
Qwerudoz (KWER-a-doze)/Brock

Last edited:
Name: Hilao (Hi-lay-oh)
Appearance: Tall, skinny, physically weak. He has yellow eyes and silver hair. He wears a top-of-the-market blue shirt, top-of-the-market silver trousers and some top-of-the-market brown boots, all of which were given to him by the king before he escaped.
Ability/Genetic Trait: Can control light and use it to lift stuff (Including himself and other people, kinda like having psychic powers)
Personality: Rather stone-hearted, he rarely speaks to anyone. However, he is loyal to those who earn his respect.
Background: His family were killed by the Black King for failing to pay their taxes on time. The Black King spared Hilao, thinking he would make a valuable guard, but he escaped, thanks to a burst of light coming from an unknown source. Since then, he has been roaming the land to find others like himself, others with wierd powers beyond their control.

Last edited:
Originally I was gonna have ice, but then I thought that might be boring. The power is based of the power of a character in a story I'm planning. Hehe

Dammit River, I was thinking of transformation. But I'm doing it cause it's awesome. You may have Shadow Transformation, but I'm doing regular transformation.

Name: Joseph
Appearance: 13 years old, Green eyes, fairly good body. Joseph's clothes change constantly, as he has the power of transformation, his clothes are undetermined, to his own style, or whatever another person is wearing, or in an animal's case, their fur, scales etc.
Ability/Genetic Trait: Transformation, not limited to gender or species. Think of it as Ranma 1/2 that can also become animals, among other human forms.
Personality: Rather dark, Joseph doesn't trust very many people ever since
the Dark King took his family's lives.
Background: Joseph lived a peaceful life, until the black hole appeared. He and his family recieved powers, and the rest of his family attempted to stop the Black King, but they were killed. Joseph, however, escaped. His family's death was etched into his mind, scarring him forever.

Last edited:
Name: Raylond (Ray-lend)
Appearance: Raylond looks like any fourteen-year-old, with black hair and brown eyes. Of average height, but somewhat muscular
Ability/Genetic Trait:Raylond can make rocks protrude from anywhere on his body (Like if someone was coming at him from behind, he could make a pointy rock protrude from his back and impale him. Or, make a horn or something like that. Or a shield. Whatever.)
Personality:Mild-mannered, Raylond is sort of that jock who's actually nice to people. But, he's protective when it comes to friends and family.
Background:Raylond, who's parents died of Cancer, climbed rock walls to increase his strength. He doesn't really have a "Home", he just sleeps wherever he is at the end of the day.

I had it in my head before you put up your character. So... yeah. :D Can't wait. I usually start with 4 other members. You?

On the subject of how our character's personalities are similar... I didn't copy. Most of mai characters are like that.

I noticed that most of your characters are like that.

Now once the next person joins we can start.

EDIT: Gah! i just realised what i forgot. AGE!

If our powers develop slowly, wouldn't that mean we have less control over them? I'm thinking that if Explosion were to try shapeshifting into an eagle before he has complete control, doesn't that mean he could end up as a chicken? I dunno, it would be funny.
"Don't worry, I'll morph into a lion and scare them!"
*Morphs into a rat*
"Oh fudge"

That would be the case, For your powers you would probably struggle a bit or maybe fail to focus on something. My powers would be i change into a shadow without warning or sometimes find it hard to change back. As for Barubu maybe the rocks would be weak or harder for him to shape. Its up to you the faults or control issues with your powers, but these were just a few suggestions.

Name: Qwerudoz (KWER-a-doze)
Appearance: Average, somewhat on muscular side.
Ability/Physical Trait: Convienece of Hammerspace! Power to pull very large things out of his pockets. In the begining it is usually unhelpful stuff. like, 'I need something small and unnoticable.' *pulls out a fire Truck with sirens on* Later will be able to gain more control
Personality: The 'I don't give a damn' one of the group. Or If you don't like that persona, maybe the self absorbed flirt? Like the guy who always flirts with zhe ladies. 'Hey baby hows abouts you and go...' I prefer flirt myself.
Background: Later...

Very short, but i get the idea of him, minus the appearence. And a more simple term for the ability would probably be item conjuring, unless it works both ways.

Accepted. The RP will start in 5 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom