• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your collections

Do you collect something?

• Yeah I do!

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • Eh no.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • ...kind of?

Votes: 19 35.2%

• Total voters
I'm an incredible miser so I would never be able to collect anything that cost money. Also, there just isn't room anywhere in the house for junk. I guess the closest thing I have to a collection is that I keep all my back issues of this history journal that I'm subscribed to.

OhMyGoDtHeRe'SsOmAnYyUgIoHcArDs!

yes, the last time I counted (3rd-4th grade) I had OVER 4000! It's been a while since then...

And I suppose I have a few yugioh mangas... (yes, other than pokemon, yugioh is almost my life)

Kind of; I don't really know why but I always keep my movie ticket stubs and have a small bag full of them. It started once when I noticed I had a small deck of cards worth of them in my wallet.

I have some coins. A few coins worth less than $30, and a tube of uncirculated state quarters. Also the yearly mint proof sets my dad gets me every year. I wouldn't call it much of a collection, but I do sometimes get new ones.

I plan to start collecting lickilicky junk soon.

Soon meaning probably never, obviously.

My biggest collection is my Yugioh cards. I have a book of my holos (only about 200) and base rares (about 400) that I valued at about $1200. I have a couple thousand ore laying around in shoe boxes and tins. I also have a bunch of decks that have my more valuable holos in, but I didn't appraise them yet. My most prized card is my Mirror Force, because I put too much effort into getting it. It's still one of my most expensive cards (~$50).

My other prized collection is my pokemon games. I'm trying to get all of the handheld games but I'm missing a few.

I like collecting dragon statues and figures. I don't have too many, but I consider it a fair amount.

My most random collection is my bottles of Ramune (Japanese soft drink for those who don't know). I just think the bottles are really cool.

I don't really collect anything, as that implies that it's intentional, but I do tend to hoard.

First off, I have too many books to fit on my current bookshelf, some of which I hardly read and a few of which I never read at all. I tend to get really attatched, though, and I think I still have some books that I've never read since elementary school. The main books I collect are fantasy books, although I also hoard some nonfiction books, especially about astronomy. I tend to buy books right after they come out if I enjoy the series, and have 40+ first edition books and counting.

I also have a lot of Pokemon cards, but I'm not a huge collector anymore and only have 300 or so. I do have a couple of ones that might have a bit of value, though, such as a holofoil Skarmory ex and two holofoil Mew.

I also hoard video game boxes and manuals really badly. I still have the empty box and beat-up manual to Pokemon Ruby, which was the first Pokemon game I played, and also has been lost. Sometimes new manuals come in handy, though, like when I first played Twilight Princess and couldn't figure out how to jump, and later how to howl.

Finally, I had a small collection of neat rocks that I found when walking home from my bus stop; however, I let my eighth grade science teacher borrow them when she taught the seventh grade class geology and forgot to get them back. Usually the rocks either looked like gemstones (I brought in one piece of a stone I found pretty much every day to my seventh grade science teacher; she identified it as quartz that turned red from an iron impurity or something) or were normal rocks with shiny, metallic-looking bits on them. There was also a really strange rock that was really smooth on its faces but had sharp edges, and was mostly an ashy gray but had three thin bands of color on one end: orange, blue, and purple.

I collect Pikachu. I think I curretly have four different plushies. One of them I have since probably second grade, I got it at a garage sale. It was the one they gave out at Burger King. I also have started a collection of Fall Out Boy stuff (I have Three CD's, a DVD, and just ordered a couple of shirts and a hoodie from their website.)

I don't "collect" anything, I think it would be more... hoarding.

I have quite a bit of manga on my shelf, for example, even though I hardly ever read some of them. Also... manga/game-related merchandise like a 1-up mushroom plush, or Lucky Star figures. Also, loads of Pokémon figures- I (usually) don't buy these anymore but can't throw or put them away.

I used to collect candy wrappers as a kid, though.

When I lived in England, when I went for walks on the beach I picked up stones and put them in my pocket. I must have looked really weird, walking back home, panting from the effort of bringing my jacket up the hill.

I collected Pokémon cards and Bakugan too, but I stopped when we moved to the AU.
The rarest cards I have are probably Mew, Mewtwo and Ancient Mew (Or whatever it's called. It is brown/gold, Japanese writing, special Pokéball on the back.)

Speaking of which, I should probably resort my binder, since it is the school holidays and I have time to kill.

Also, have a collection of soft toys, at last count I had 29. 28 of which are from 1998-2006. Admitidly, it is sorta weird for a 12-year-old to collect soft toys, but meh.

I don't really have a collection of cuddly toys but I have a massive pile of them under my bed and in my wardrobes. I generally don't ever buy any more at all and most of them are just left over from when I was small but now I have two more to add to them D:

Back
Top Bottom