• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon hats!

Equinoxe

has a BONE to pick with you
Me and my big sis decided to try and do some Pokemon hats for ourselves because apparently this winter is gonna be the coldest in 100 years or something like that. We chose Entei and Raikou because they're cool and easily converted into hat form P:
She bought us some fleece and we just made up the designs and patterns all by ourselves, and cut the fabric and shit. Because it's been pretty long since the last time either of us even touched a sewing machine, we managed to get our mom to do the sewing for us. That was a great idea, since in the end the hats took only two hours altogether to do! Everything went better than expected so we took some pictures even.
Entei hat person is me, Raikou hat person is my sister (no we are not twins, she is six years older !).
entei1.jpg

raikou1.jpg

entei3.jpg

entei2.jpg

(that Celebi plushie is the one my sis just got me <3)
raikou3.jpg

raikou2.jpg

(the hands holding the hats are my sister's btw)

Cool? Y/N??

Thanks people :3

also that's a lot of plushies o:
Not enough O:
there's never too many of 'em C:

Did you guys make copies of the patterns you made and stuff? I so dig the Entei hat.
We have these paper-cutout-pieces, dunno I *could* see if I could convert them into digital form (or make some sort of sketchy pictures of the pieces needed). It's not really that complex, the parts are pretty simple (you just have to measure your head to see how wide the basic parts need to be) :P

You can't make a Raikou and Entei hat but not a Suicune
We just did B]
No, really there aren't other ones here who would wear Pokemon hats (plus Suicune's head thingy and mane would be a bit more difficult to do). :B

We have these paper-cutout-pieces, dunno I *could* see if I could convert them into digital form (or make some sort of sketchy pictures of the pieces needed). It's not really that complex, the parts are pretty simple (you just have to measure your head to see how wide the basic parts need to be) :P

Yeah, it doesn't look like it'd be that hard.... but it would help me out with the proportions and stuff? I dunno, I'm not really a sewing person so I'd feel a lot more comfortable going into it with patterns, even though I can basically see what they are just looking at the hats. :C

I'll see if I can make some sort of picture with some sort of 'about~' sizes and shapes, and a bit on how to put them together. Right now I probably should work on this essay but I'll try to get something done this week.

And I totally understand what you mean - I'm not much of a sewing person myself either; all my stuff is done with trial and error and sometimes they end up looking pretty swell (like this) P:

These are soo cool. :D I really like the Entei one (simple design but very effective!) and the Raikou one is pretty creative. Are they warm?

If it got really freezing you could make a Suicune one with a hugely fluffy mane bit to keep your neck warm getting carried away aaaaaaa

Are they warm?
They are REALLY warm, as fleece is usually warm plus both of the hats have double layers. The pseudo-helmet-shape also adds to that (also Entei is a fire type oh wait derp C.).

After taking those pictures I actually added laces similar to the Raikou hat to mine to stop the wind from getting to my cold-sensitive ears (it was a problem when you're walking against the wind). They're sort of 'hidden', though, they are attached to the inside of the red thingies right where my ears are (so even when tied, the red parts hang free). P:

Aw man now I sort of want to make a Suicune one too (maybe some day !) :D
Entei hat does a pretty good job at keeping me warm though so I'll probably make a different one when I get bored of it, which won't happen soon.

Back
Top Bottom