• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

@Coloursfall: I'm pretty sure sv_01 meant dolphins as in this:

CORED00Z.jpg

Except Orcas are still in the dolphin family. So it's a dolphin, unless you wanna get more specific. (try 'bottlenose dolphin' or something, and I'll stop being annoyed at people ignoring Kyogre when they just say 'dolphin')

Which would be sort of like saying "we need a shark pokemon. Except Sharpedo doesn't count because it's the wrong kind of shark. I mean a hammerhead shark."

Dolphins are jerks anyway.

Except Orcas are still in the dolphin family. So it's a dolphin, unless you wanna get more specific. (try 'bottlenose dolphin' or something, and I'll stop being annoyed at people ignoring Kyogre when they just say 'dolphin')

Which would be sort of like saying "we need a shark pokemon. Except Sharpedo doesn't count because it's the wrong kind of shark. I mean a hammerhead shark."

Your analogy doesn't really make sense because when people think of dolphins, usually the image that comes to mind is something resembling a bottlenose dolphin, not an orca. Meanwhile, when people think of sharks, they usually imagine something shaped like a Great White or a Tiger shark instead of a hammerhead. So in the second case, there is a need to specify which kind of shark the person's thinking about because it's not a "normal" shark, while in the first case there isn't because everyone knows what type of dolphin the person's referring to anyway.

Anyhow, let's stop arguing over pointless things and get back on topic: does anyone know what's up with Kyogre's chin-spike-things (how do I describe them??) in this official poster? Is that just a mistake or what? It's been bugging me ever since I bought the official Pokemon Emerald Guide Book a looong time ago and stuck the poster on my wall...

Your analogy doesn't really make sense because when people think of dolphins, usually the image that comes to mind is something resembling a bottlenose dolphin, not an orca. Meanwhile, when people think of sharks, they usually imagine something shaped like a Great White or a Tiger shark instead of a hammerhead. So in the second case, there is a need to specify which kind of shark the person's thinking about because it's not a "normal" shark, while in the first case there isn't because everyone knows what type of dolphin the person's referring to anyway.

Anyhow, let's stop arguing over pointless things and get back on topic: does anyone know what's up with Kyogre's chin-spike-things (how do I describe them??) in this official poster? Is that just a mistake or what? It's been bugging me ever since I bought the official Pokemon Emerald Guide Book a looong time ago and stuck the poster on my wall...

nope, it's a feature of kyogre's design. dw art has them, sugimori has them, sprites have them; movie 9, likewise.

... unless you're talking about the fact that they're mismatched in that image, in which case I haven't a clue.

Uh, yeah, I'm talking about how they're mismatched. The one on our left is a triangle shape like it should be, but the one on our right is...????

Salamence is a cool Pokemon in my opinion, although it is one of the hardest to train and evolve etc. Good job you can get Bagon at Lv. 35 in Emerald then. I haven't really used Salamence on a serious team before, so I don't know what it's like statistically. I'm in the process of getting one if I recall correctly. =P

EDIT: Just realised I'm a *ahem* few months off topic. Didn't realise that the newest posts were stuck at the end. Schoolboy error. My bad

Last edited:
So Kyogre's been the daily pokemon for a few days more than it should've been, and the RNG has determined that the next topic should be Shellder!

Mandatory weird picture:

feelingverylucky_shellder-with-legs-redux.png

No one posted a Pokémon so I make it totally all about me.

braviary

Wargle/Braviary!

Just remember, positive things or you die tonight C=

I was gonna use one on Pokemon Crystal. It got to Level 33, beat Clair and had it replaced with a Dragonite. It was quite speedy indeed. It didn't know a lot of STAB, so I figuired Dragonite will get more. It took a while to evolve it from a Zubat.

EDIT: (I am a stupid person) Barviary: I haven't used it. It has a cool design and it's name is a pun on "Brave" and "Aviary". Nice one, Game Freak! =P

Last edited:
I...actually don't like Braviary all that much. It's... alright, I guess. It looks pretty cool, but it isn't one of my favorite designs. I think I'm one of the few people who prefers Mandlibuzz.

Being a bird, I loved it from the start. I freaking love birds.
I've never used one, but I like it.
It reminds me less of U.S.A. and more of the native american tribes and totem poles and legends that involve great birds of strength.

Man Wargle was my Flyer on my first White run

Unfortunately Golurk outclassed it as a Flyer and all-around bamf in my second run.

Back
Top Bottom