• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furretsu

World of Glass
You knew it was coming. :P

What do you think of homosexuality? Should homosexual marriage be legalized everywhere? What about homosexual adoptions?

*Sits back to watch everyone agree.*

yyy

also, does this mean we need all the other standard debates which everyone agrees with back?

Hells yeah it should be legal everywhere. It's already been legal for ages here in Brussels :D

Anyway men with men are hot, old gay male couples are adorable and genuine lesbians are cool :0

Hells yeah it should be legal everywhere. It's already been legal for ages here in Brussels :D

Anyway men with men are hot, old gay male couples are adorable and genuine lesbians are cool :0
This post makes me suspicious that Vladimir Putin's LJ is my twin secretly separated at birth.

Of course we're all going to agree on it here; just look at how many people are in the in the - oh, there is no LGBT club. Well. :(

Full support over here though. Marriage + adoption need to be legal. Hate needs to go away. Rainbows and happiness and acceptance for all.

i am ashamed to admit that i am a former homophobic.

However, after i met the mayor of my city (who is a homosexual) we had a life changing conversation and now i do honestly believe it should be legal in all places.

I am straight, but not narrow.

Well, love is love. Gay love, is love. Straight love, is love (for the most part >_>), and lesbian love is love.

The unfortunate part of this 'debate', is that no one is going to say there should be only straight people >_>

So much for a debate. Let's call this an 'Agree'

The unfortunate part of this 'debate', is that no one is going to say there should be only straight people >_>
If everyone was straight the world would be boring and there'd be less cool clothes, cool books, cool guys, and I'd have less things to draw and do during the day.

Also hey AuroraKing old twinny twin twin <3

I see nothing wrong with homosexuality. I'm all for gay rights because, IMHO no government has the mandate to decide what kinds of love are valid and which ones aren't. There is no practical reason for restricting gay marriages, aside from passages from an old religious book (which, keep in mind, expressly allows slavery).

I'm not the kind of guy who goes "OMG GAYS OMG GAYS OMG GAYS", tries to picture every (wo)man coupled with every other (wo)man just for laughs (that sort of humo(u)r gets on my nerves actually), thinks gay people are "cooler", more interesting, or more "exotic" than straight people, or anything like that - I just have no problem with it because it doesn't impact my life significantly whether guys are allowed to like other guys, and y'know, live and let live, right?

Granted I have no one to really argue with in this thread, but debates are still fun :P

If everyone was straight the world would be boring and there'd be less cool clothes, cool books, cool guys, and I'd have less things to draw and do during the day.

Also hey AuroraKing old twinny twin twin <3

Of course. I know, I was just saying that this would be a boring debate without an opposing force.

"Straight people! Eww!" That'll make it even as well.

The funny part about that is, whenever anyone at my school calls me or my friends gay (in a demeaning way, just because I'm bi) my friend would shout that at them. I remember once he brought a sign to school saying 'Straight means straight to hell' XD

He got suspended >_>

I for one am against it. Not only is it disgusting for one but it's also against my religion. It prohibits homosexuality plain and simple in the Bible. I mean, God created the woman for a reason.

I was reading through some of the arguements here. Number 100, nowhere in the Bible does it say it allows slavery. I don't know where you got that idea but it's simply untrue. Trust me, my father is a pastor and has read the entire Bible over 4 times.

Now, I don't think homosexuals or bisexuals are bad people. They just don't understand that what they are doing is wrong. God works in mysterious ways. He is obviously trying to help them with this problem. Whether they decide to listen to Him is what they are dealing with.

So you ask me should homosexuality be legalized? No, I don't think it should. America is based on Christianity (Which it should. But that's another topic) And being that as it is, it seems that America should try to follow the laws of the Bible. Which is exactly why I don't think that it should be legalized.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with homosexuality at all. I am all for the legalisation of gay marriage and gay adoption. Homosexuals should have all of the same rights as heterosexuals. They are regular people just like you and me, why sometimes a person can be gay and you won't even notice it! That's how normal they are. A minority, yes, but still normal nonetheless.

The only reason people fear and are opposed to gays is because humans tend to fear the unknown. Though I understand that a heterosexual person might find the idea of homosexuality a bit uncomfortable or even disgusting, this is absolutely no reason to demand that they be discriminated against. However, a person simply finding homosexuality a bit odd is no reason at all to jump on them. We all have our own prejudices, this cannot be denied. The point is to be reasonable about them, which some people actually are.

I do hear some people making claims of homosexuality being a choice. Well, that's just simply not true. Being homosexual is not a choice at all, but it is indeed a choice if you choose to acknowledge and act upon it. Suppressing your sexuality is a very bad thing to do to yourself.

I find it sad that some homosexuals have to stay in the closet due to fear of being discriminated against. Though I personally think they should be happy that they can at least hide it, since I myself was teased for being half black when I was a little child. I can't hide my being half black. Do not think that I am advocating that they hide their sexuality, because I am most certainly not. Though that's not exactly the point. The point is that so long as people are different, there will be discrimination.

So yes, and I reiterate, homosexuals deserve all of the same rights as heterosexuals. And as society becomes more and more willing to accept homosexuals, the less they will be discriminated against. Just keep in mind that you can never completely abolish discrimination, but you can do something about it. And you should.

So you ask me should homosexuality be legalized? No, I don't think it should. America is based on Christianity (Which it should. But that's another topic) And being that as it is, it seems that America should try to follow the laws of the Bible. Which is exactly why I don't think that it should be legalized.
Believe it or not, not everybody in the world is a Christian. Religion should not be interfering with the government. Likewise, the government should not be interfering with religion. If a church wishes to not marry two homosexual people, that is perfectly fine. It is the church's right. But completely banning homosexual marriage altogether is moronic. What does two people of the same gender marrying people have anything to do with you? It has absolutely nothing to do with you. It's none of your business whatsoever.

If you think that homosexuality is wrong, disgusting, a sin, against God's plans and what have you, that's perfectly fine. It's what you believe, and I can't really do much about that. But you must realise that not everybody believes in the Bible and its teachings. The Bible might be important to you, but it's also just some old book to somebody else. You have no business shoving your religion down other peoples' throats, and that goes for everybody and whatever they happen to believe. And no, allowing homosexuals to have the same rights as heterosexuals is not somebody else's beliefs being shoved down your throat. It's helping create equality for everyone. Nobody is forcing you to marry somebody of the same gender. Likewise, you should not force somebody to marry somebody of the opposite gender if they do not want to.

Uh, yes.

I hate homophobes*. people in my class are constantly all 'Ooooh, gay, lulz, that's gay, lulz, gays are gay' or they'll use it as an insult, 'That's gay lulz, stop being gay, lulz'

ARGH! Why? It's all religion's fault (no offence to any religious people here)! I mean, most religions say homosexuality is evil. It's spread out from there so even non-religious people think it's stupid and unnatural (not necessarily evil, though) for whatever reason.

* Heh, Firefox tried to correct that as 'homophones'

Haha, then my school's weird then. One of the smartest kids in the grade (best grades, wins competitions, etc.) likes to feel guys up, and other guys in the grade have followed suit. Its almost a competition sometimes. Another guy tried to feel up my friend, C, but C retaliated (by feeling him back) and ended up freaking out this other guy. It was mildly entertaining- and happens a lot in my grade among the guys.

Back to topic: I really do not see much wrong with homosexuality. Obviously it makes a lot of people who are not used to the idea uncomfortable, but that's a personal matter- that the person has associated homosexuality with something "wrong and unclean" or something else along those lines. It's not only a problem of certain religions; it's also related to how a person was brought up and how they, in turn, decide to respond to it. What's also a great tragedy is when people treat homosexuals as confused or brain-damaged individuals when many homosexuals are clearly as intelligent and deserving of respect as the rest of us.

Well, at least there's finally a debate (although, with one person, I don't think there will be an under dog moment)

Anyway, to give my impute, Homosexuality is one the things that's getting orphans homes. Although, I'm not sure it that's true, but it I ever found a guy the wouldn't break up with me in two days, then I would probably adopt with my man. (Although, when I dated a girl I knew, she said she'd rather go through an adoption then being pregnant. I agree. Nine months of me doing all the work... uhg.)

But, adoption aside, I would have to say that if everyone in the world was gay, we wouldn't live that long. If everyone in the world was straight, then we'd probably find something else equally stupid to hate, other then homosexuals...

Which brings me to my main point. Diversity. Let's say that Microsoft windows is a straight person, Mac is a bi-sexual. and Linux is full out gay. Now that Microsoft is dominating the computer market, it has thousands of viruses against it and is a very faulty system (in my opinion). Mac is coming in, with much less viruses, and the ability to be 'compatible' ^^ with plenty of Window's programs. So, as it stands, Bi-sexual is the new and growing thing.

And then there's Linux. The straight out gay. Which happens to run on you're playstation 3's, run on more than half the world supercomputers, and is steadily rising in the ranks.

So honestly, it's gay people who are probably running your life, and bi-sexua'ls that you're hanging with.

Either there's going to be some great overtake my all the homophobic (and unfortunately, many just don't like the ManxMan, but just love the WomanxWoman >_>) and they somehow come together with some Partied against gay's, or gay's will take over.

Not that the homosexuals are planning anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom