• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Karkat Vantas vs. Metallica Fanboy V (ref: Squornshellous Beta)

5vs5 singles
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 55%
Banned Moves: Direct recovery, Pain Split, any moves that instantly faint a battler (Explosion, OHKOs, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, etc.). Chills are restricted to 5 per Pokémon.
Arena: MFvsKV V

Oh gog, will these two ever settle their gogdamn problem? Well, it's more fun if they don't. And to celebrate this being the fifth match, they'll fight using only Gen V Pokemon, in a five-colored, V-shaped platform. Each round, there's a 45% chance a Pokemon whose name starts with a V (listed below) will randomly attack one of the battlers with an (effective, so no Dream Eating awake Pokemon or using Swords Dance or one of the banned moves) attack from their movepool, and a 55% chance that one of the active Pokemon will turn into one at the end of the round (this effect ends after three actions). Pokemon with names starting with a V are: Vanillish, Vanillite, Vanilluxe, Vaporeon, Venipede, Venomoth, Venonat, Venusaur, Vespiquen, Vibrava, Victini, Victreebel, Vigoroth, Vileplume, Virizion, Volbeat, Volcarona, Voltorb, Vullaby, Vulpix.

Other: Gen V Pokemon are allowed to use Sleep Talk, dammit.
Team Karkat Vantas
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Vanillite
J-Z-Ruggu (Male)
Ability: Ice Body
Health: 75%
Energy: 78%
Commands: Protect ~ Avalanche ~ Imprison
Chills: 0/5

Team Metallica Fanboy
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Throh
Sweet Bro (Male)
Ability: Inner Focus
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Retaliate ~ Vital Throw / Storm Throw / Focus Energy ~ Vital Throw / Storm Throw / Focus Energy

Round 16 Begin!

The final Pokémon to be sent out in this match turns out to be a Throh, which immediately begins babbling in incoherent and downright awful grammar. The referee glares at it, but it doesn't seem to care, continuing on relentlessly.

J-Z concentrates carefully, his eyes shimmering green briefly before a translucent green sphere materializes around her. Not a moment too soon, either; Sweet Bro suddenly charges towards him, delivering a powerful punch in some hopes of avenging his fallen teammate. It doesn't do much, though, beyond hurting Bro's hand; he retreats to his own area of the field, while J-Z drops his shield, hoping the danger has passed.

Suddenly, Bro runs forward again. This time, he grabs hold of J-Z, lifting him as high as he can and then throwing him into the ground with all the force he can muster. Quickly retreating, he watches as J-Z lifts himself shakily back into the air, before looking at Bro with anger. His eyes turn pale blue as he manipulates the energy in his body, and the arena beneath Bro begins to distort worryingly. Just before he has a chance to get out of the way, the ground erupts, sharp rocks flying out of the ground and slicing into his sides, throwing him over and leaving the rest to pile onto him.

With a grunt, he heaves himself out from under the pile and staggers upright, watching as the rocks seemingly melt and sink back into the arena. J-Z, meanwhile, concentrates again, his eyes turning purple this time; Sweet Bro shudders as he feels several of his moves being sealed away from him. Growling, he charges at J-Z again, once more throwing him into the ground before retreating.

As is now becoming somewhat routine, both Pokémon become bathed in the arena's light. While J-Z returns to his own form, Sweet Bro becomes an altogether more powerful form: quadrupedal, green, red and cream, and with such power that even his opponent can sense it, warily retreating.

Round 16 End!

Team Karkat Vantas
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Scraggy
J-Z-Ruggu (Male)
Ability: Shed Skin
Health: 49%
Energy: 58%
Attacks Used: Protect ~ Avalanche ~ Imprison

Team Metallica Fanboy
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Virizion
Sweet Bro (Male)
Ability: Justified
Health: 94%
Energy: 83%
Attacks Used: Retaliate ~ Vital Throw ~ Vital Throw

Damage / Energy Calculations
Protect - 8% energy
Retaliate - 9% energy (accuracy roll 63, needed 100 to miss)
Vital Throw - 13% damage, 4% energy
Avalanche - 6% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 56, needed 100 to miss)
Vital Throw - 13% damage, 4% energy
Imprison - 6% energy

Notes
- This terrible reffing brought to you by: inability to think of anything interesting to write.

Arena Notes
- This round, Sweet Bro became a Virizion.
- A massive part of the arena is scorched black and, currently, hot.

Next Round
- Karkat Vantas attacks
- Metallica Fanboy attacks
- I ref

Triple Sludge Bomb all the way, across the stage.

Wow! So intense.

Use Rain Dance if she puts up clones.

Sludge Bomb/Rain Dance x3

JESUS DICK hes calling you a woman bro

hes makin fun of your appearance

is he next?

IS HE NEXT?

Close Combat (wait) ~ Close Combat (wait) ~ Close Combat (wait)

Team Karkat Vantas
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Scraggy
J-Z-Ruggu (Male)
Ability: Shed Skin
Health: 49%
Energy: 58%
Commands: Sludge Bomb/Rain Dance x3

Team Metallica Fanboy
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Virizion
Sweet Bro (Male)
Ability: Justified
Health: 94%
Energy: 83%
Commands: Close Combat (wait) ~ Close Combat (wait) ~ Close Combat (wait)

Round 16 Begin!

Sweet Bro, feeling extra speedy all of a sudden, holds back and waits for his opponent to attack. Seeing his opponent's reluctance, J-Z seizes the opportunity to attack first and opens his mouth wide, revealing a vile purple semi-liquid sludge forming in its mouth. He gurgles the noxious stuff in his mouth for a few seconds, adding some extra toxins to complete the mix, before spitting towards Sweet Bro. Upon contact, Sweet Bro feels extremely uncomfortable as the rank glob drips off of him. Uncomfortable he may be, he rushes toward his opponent, attacking with reckless abandon. Come what may and hell to pay. He hits his opponent head first and proceeds with a flurry of kicks. Finally satisfied by his opponent's weary appearance, he stops his attack.

J-Z, knowing full well his opponent had lowered his guard, quickly produces the same toxins he used in the previous action in his mouth. Adding extra toxins for good measure, he spits them straight into his opponent's face. The sludge revolts Sweet Bro as it covers most of his face. Slowly, it seeps into his body and starts to circulate. By the time Sweet Bro launches his attack, he feels somewhat nauseous, but he still manages to give his all. This time, he repeatedly headbutts his opponent, adding in an extra bite or kick every few moments. His opponent keels over but quickly rights himself up.

Sweet Bro holds off, waiting for his opponent to strike and sees purple sludge quickly form in his opponent's mouth. Globs of poison soon fly into the air, covering what little distance is between the two battlers. Sweet Bro braces himself against the attack, knowing his previous actions, though powerful, had a price. The sludge, although more or less the same as the sludge used on the first action, feels horrible as Sweet Bro is covered with the goo. J-Z happily notes that his opponent seems to be suffering far worse than he did earlier in the round. Taking offense at his opponent's smugness, Sweet Bro unleashes yet another flurry of attacks. He stomps all over his opponent, and mistakenly thinking his opponent has fainted, stops. Barely within an inch of consciousness, J-Z manages to slowly stand, falling a few times in the process. He is still determined to fight, and embraces the warm glow of the arena as he suddenly sprouts five more tails. His opponent changes back into his old form and is ready to finish things once and for all.

Round 16 End!

Team Karkat Vantas
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Vulpix
J-Z-Ruggu (Male)
Ability: Flash Fire
Health: 1%
Energy: 40%
Attacks Used:Sludge Bomb~Sludge Bomb~Sludge Bomb

Team Metallica Fanboy
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Throh
Sweet Bro (Male)
Ability:Inner Focus
Health: 47%
Energy: 65%
Status: I will be victorious. -3 Def -3 Sp.Def Poisoned (3% damage per round)
Attacks Used: Close Combat~Close Combat~Close Combat

Damage / Energy Calculations
Sludge Bomb - 13% Damage 6% Energy
Close Combat - 16% Damage 6% Energy
Sludge Bomb - 15% Damage 6% Energy
Sludge Bomb - 16% Damage 6% Energy

Notes
-Sweet Bro got poisoned during the second action.
- J-Z turned into a vulpix.

Arena Notes
- A massive part of the arena is scorched black and is starting to cool down.

Next Round
- Metallica Fanboy commands first.

Last edited:
Thanks for e-reffing. Although I have to point that the end-of-round stats are pretty much all messed up.

Anyways. FINISH HIM. With Sleep Talk if need be (i.e. if you're asleep). Thank goodness I remembered to include a Gen V Pokémon can use Sleep Talk dammit clasule in this battle. Go with Earthquake if he tries to escape from below with Dig.

Vital Throw/Sleep Talk/Earthquake ~ Vital Throw/Sleep Talk/Earthquake ~ Vital Throw/Sleep Talk/Earthquake

Oh, and, don't bother trying Pain Split, it's banned.

Well, he's over DQ now, but I'd be willing to postpone that if I get to.

Having the battle end in a DQ after so long and when the guy is at one fucking percent of the last Pokémon would be really shitty. Not to mention I wouldn't get KO experience in Sweet Bro.

Well, he's over DQ now, but I'd be willing to postpone that if I get to.

Having the battle end in a DQ after so long and when the guy is at one fucking percent of the last Pokémon would be really shitty. Not to mention I wouldn't get KO experience in Sweet Bro.

Ok. Postponing DQ with my magic ref powers :freaked: Yeah... I pm'ed him.

Well, that's enough waiting, I suppose. It's frustrating for the battle to end as such, but I don't think he's showing up again at a reasonable time.

Sunstar gets 1 exp
Hella Jeff gets 2 exp
Vitamin C gets 3 exp
Bastard gets 2 exp
Maribounta gets 2 exp
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK gets 2 exp
Almighty Electric Flounder gets 2 exp
Beatle gets 2 exp
J-Z-Ruggu gets 2 exp
Sweet Bro gets 1 exp

That was a waste. Karkat is disqualified. Metallica Fanboy gets $40. Squorn and I get $8.

Oh god, I know bumping this after so long is quite silly, but I intended for Maribounta and Flounder's EXP to go to Optica via his (her?) EXP Share. About how much too late am I to do that?

Back
Top Bottom