• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dreams of the Past OOC/Sign-Ups

Sorry I took so long to get the application in. Anyways, here ya go...

The Application
Name: Mendatt
Species: Humanish

Appearance: He's incredibly short, about 3'4". He has shoulder-length black hair that always seems to be windswept, even indoors, and a caramel complexion.
Clothing: He has an indigo trench coat that he always wears, and usually wears some pair of pants so dark that you can't tell what kind they are. He also has a large metal claw that goes up to his shoulder on his right arm. It looks rather impressive and ridiculous at the same time. I mean, it looks awesome, but who wears a large metal claw on their right arm? But he doesn't know it looks ridiculous. No one's told him. I mean, you don't exactly go up to someone and say "Why do you have a large metal claw on your right arm?".
Personal Items: He combined all of his three possessions into one item: The large claw on his right hand. His quick claw is in the thumb, to make it less heavy, which, bizarrely enough, works. His TM driver is intregrated into it as well, with the slot for the TMs to go in on the wrist. His extra Dragon Pulse TM is also directly wired to his Dragon Gem, which is directly wired to his firearm, which allows it to fire out compressed blasts of Dragon-type energy, which, unfortunately, takes as much energy out of the TM and gem as using the TM directly would. It does have the advantage of being able to blast through several yards of solid concrete, but sometimes he really wonders why he did it.

Personality: There's probably a word for his type of personality, but I forgot what it is. He's incredibly intelligent, with an IQ of around 180, but he lacks any common sense whatsoever, and can be kind of absent-minded. Beyond that, he's not particularly funny, however hard he tries, and try hard he does. He gets along well with just about everyone, but no one's sure why they get along with him. It's probably genetics, or something.

History: His father isn't actually know to him or anyone he knows, and his mother died in childbirth, so he was raised by his surprisingly vivacious one hundred and nineteen year old grandmother in an isolated cottage on the top of mount chimney. (I said she was vivacious, I didn't say she was sane.) When he was twelve, she was killed for being a 'Radical', whatever those were, while she was going to Fallarbor town for food. And worksheets. She was keen on worksheets. Anyways, since then he's been wandering around, telling bad jokes and sort of helping people out when possible, because that's what his grandmother taught him. And getting into trouble because his grandmother raised him to get along with pokemon. But usually getting out of it in some way or another. Oh, yeah, I forgot. He also says that he does stuff because that's what his grandmother taught him a lot.

Moves: Dragon Pulse x2, Dragon Tail, and Dragon Claw. His metal claw thingy is specially designed to be able to work as a tail, as well. The middle claw simply extends about six feet. It's based on gears and metal plates, and falls apart a lot unless you take good care of it.

Other: Nuffin.

It's a bit rushed, so I might brush up on it later. Unless it isn't approved, in which case I'll definitely brush up on it later.

Glace and Mendatt, accepted. We'll be starting tomorrow once I get home and have some time to set up everything~

Name: Leia Evens
Species: Human

Appearance: Leia is a lanky and tall young woman. Her skin is tanned from digging into Mt. Silver in the heat of the day, and is slightly peeling on her forearms. Her hair is heavily gelled and clipped down into a spiky ponytail that sticks up from her head. An emo bang covers most of her left eye. It is for the most part a natural brown, but the tips and highlights are a shocking pink. Her eyes are purple, but he has been seen putting contacts into her eyes.
Clothing: She wears a loose, blue top with a v-neck and 3/4 length sleeves. She also has on a pair of blue jeans, but they are faded with time, covered in dirt, and torn at the knees and hems. She also wears a purple scarf across her waist. Dozens of silver bangles are on her right arm, but her left forearm is covered in a purple TM Driver. The TM Driver is standard-issue because she doesn't have the money for anything better than that. A blue duffel bag that just barely fits her sleeping bag, mess kit, dried food, TMs, Ghost Gem, Brightpowder, and company sponsored handgun.
Personal Items: Duffel bag x1, mess kit x1, diary x1, foodstuffs xenough-for-two-weeks, TMs x4, Ghost Gem x1, Brightpowder x1, handgun x1

Personality:
Leia is a loner who prefers to stay her own path. While she is willing to help others, she is hesitant to become attached. She is indifferent to Pokémon as long as they don't bother her. She is adventurous and unafraid of anything.

However, this is all a ruse. Beneath this shell, Leia is an insecure person, afraid to retch out to people. Leia longs for friends, but pushes them away due to her own issues. She sees everything she does as an absolute failure.

Her battle style is to be swift and damaging, followed by getting out of the way to save her own skin.

History:
Leia was just an average young woman for her entire life. Nothing traumatizing or world-ending happened to her. Despite this, she still felt miserable her entire life. Her grades her awful her entire life; even when she manged to get into a collage, she flunked out soon after. Every sport she tried ended in broken limbs, every art or music piece created unwanted giggles, her collections were lost, her computer was fried, and so on. She was, however, good at digging holes. And desperate for a chance to start over and do something right, she joined the dig team at Mt. Silver. However, even there she helped cause something bad.

Moves:
Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Confuse Ray, Ominous Wind

Other:
Had to use some non-TM moves on there because Ghost only has two TMs. Also, so short. I can never describe characters enough. orz

A down-to-earth, practical human with humble origins... APPROVED! A very nice addition ~ well done! =D

Sorry for taking so long to post... just I've been really distracted with managing Sanctic and a few other things that have come up in my usually no-life life. But I should catch up and post tommorow, so just be patient.

Ah, sorry for the double post, but... I think I'm going to have to drop out. I'm really sorry. I just can't really handle this RP and Sanctic at the same time, and I'm planning to create another one with a friend of mine soon (that isn't going to involve an EXP system because if it does, I will pull my hair out and go crazy), so... it might be too overwhelming. Giving out EXP exhausts my RPing energy often and I'm having trouble keeping up. I know I made an awesome character who'd be big and all, but yeah. Take me off the list. I might come back later if I feel I can handle it.

Maybe we can put that your character fell asleep or something instead of just completely deleting it so you can jump back in any time?
Sorry for the huge delay in posting my character. I'm currently juggling two projects and three forums. I should be able to post him by the end of the week at the most.

Sorry to hear about that Arylett. Feel free to come back any time you wish, it's completely understandable. Juggling different projects can be hell - especially with the EXP system you've devised. It's brilliant, but you're right... it is exhausting.

That said, today is DotP's first Spoils Day totally 100% not copyright of the week! With another one being scheduled for later on depending on activity and post count.
Since we're splitting the duties, it turns out that I'm covering it this Tuesday with Storm's helpful moderation - so congratulations all of you! 5 pages already. O.O

Exo-Raikou: Total – 15 EXP

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀
(DOUBLE LEVEL UP! LEVEL 2! LEVEL 3!)

Metalos: Total – 14 EXP

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀

Stormecho: Total – 13 EXP

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀

BlackTitress: Total – 13 EXP

Storm, Earth and Fire: Total – 11 EXP

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀
(LEVEL UP! LEVEL 2!)

MadMOAI: Total – 7 EXP

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀
(LEVEL UP! LEVEL 2!)

Hopeandjoy: Total – 6 EXP

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀
(LEVEL UP! LEVEL 2!)

Big Red Cherry Bomb: Total – 3 EXP

▀ ▀ ▀

Glace: Total – 4 EXP

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀

Lili: Total – 6 EXP

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀
(LEVEL UP! LEVEL 2!)

Mai: Total – 7 EXP

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀
(LEVEL UP! LEVEL 2!)

Darksong: Total – 13 EXP

ShadowtheHoundoom: Total - 6 EXP

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀
(LEVEL UP! LEVEL 2!)

MOST EXP EARNED: This week, it's Exo-Raikou! WOW. Seriously, congratulations top poster!

NEXT SPOILS DAY: Yet to be decided, as mentioned above. Thank you ~​

As an additional note, the shop for human characters will also be updated with new items today! Make sure to definitely check there if you're one of the fleshies ~

snlspit.gif
Damn, I had no idea I had that in me.

I'll be updating Zrantox's moveset, and if Isei or Prektaan enter the story, it shall be soon.

... Really? That's a lot more than I thought I'd get, considering I only made about three posts. I guess I should catch up and make some more, then~

EDIT: I'll be adding fake out. I'm planning to have her gain less and less defensive moves as she levels up, because she'll hopefully become less influenced by her past trainer's word over time. Therefore getting more aggressive.

I added Double Team and Hone Claws to Rei's moveset. Also didn't post much, because I'm not getting much interaction, but hopefully something happens soon. ^^"

Back
Top Bottom