• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Video Games that Should be Remade

Pokémon R/S, I'd imagine they would do Ruby and Sapphire remakes with some of the new Emerald features added, just like HG/SS has Crystal features.

A Pokémon snap sequel (and NOT just remake) would be great too, I really hope for that one day. (and please make it much longer the original was too short)

A remake of Sonic and the Black Knight for all DS systems would be cool! It's gameplay mechanics could be like Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. Sonic could use magic spells. Another cool feature would be that instead of having to go to the blacksmith to upgrade Caliburn, you can just pause the game and go to a menu that would allow you to use some Rings to upgrade.
Another cool addition would be the ability to change Caliburn's appearance to the look of the Knights' weapons.
Also, adding Sally Acorn, Cream, or Rogue as playable characters wouldn't hurt, either. Whaddya guys think?

Not really remakes but I want them to release oldish games like Roller Coaster Tycoon (2) or Star Wars KOTOR in a form where they run on modern computers without the need to mess with the settings of either the game or your computer.

after Ys IV's Vita remake hit the west yesterday (last year in japan), i think it's about time they get to a proper remake of Ys V: Kefin, Lost Kingdom of Sand from Falcom themselves (i mean the original was really bad as it is, the remake Taito did only did a small amount of favors)

I'd like remakes of good PS1 games like Croc, Tombi and Abe's oddysee. I think I did hear something about a remake for Abe, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's decent.

I'd like remakes of good PS1 games like Croc, Tombi and Abe's oddysee. I think I did hear something about a remake for Abe, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's decent.

yeah, Abe's Oddysee is getting a remake called New 'N Tasty digitally

Call me a bit crazy, but I think Final Fantasy VIII and IX could get remakes. They don't have 7's pinball arms so we won't be losing anything like that. I dunno why beyond the fact that they're my favorites, but I guess that's all the justification we need.

Likewise, Square Enix should remake Einhander. That game was too cool and now it's been relegated to the dustbin of Squaresoft history, left to languish in the Japanese PSN store and as a very expensive thing to see in stores. Or at least, someone should pick up on the gameplay mechanics.
Not really remakes but I want them to release oldish games like Roller Coaster Tycoon (2) or Star Wars KOTOR in a form where they run on modern computers without the need to mess with the settings of either the game or your computer.

Both of those games, as far as I've experienced, are really easy to run on Windows 7. I agree with the sentiment, though. They don't have those games, but www.gog.com sells plenty of old games for cheap and ready to run on modern OSes without any DRM.

Call me a bit crazy, but I think Final Fantasy VIII and IX could get remakes. They don't have 7's pinball arms so we won't be losing anything like that. I dunno why beyond the fact that they're my favorites, but I guess that's all the justification we need.

Likewise, Square Enix should remake Einhander. That game was too cool and now it's been relegated to the dustbin of Squaresoft history, left to languish in the Japanese PSN store and as a very expensive thing to see in stores. Or at least, someone should pick up on the gameplay mechanics.

Both of those games, as far as I've experienced, are really easy to run on Windows 7. I agree with the sentiment, though. They don't have those games, but www.gog.com sells plenty of old games for cheap and ready to run on modern OSes without any DRM.

yeah, i still own both RCT 1 and 2 and their expansions, and they installed and run perfectly on my laptop and desktop with windows 7

and also yes Einhander. there's a lot of great games that Square will never revisit; i'd love to see a new Tobal, for one, and going back as far as the SNES/SFC, we could use a remake of Bahamut Lagoon. even Rudra no Hihou could probably fair extremely well with current technology, it'd allow for even more variety in the spell-crafting system that was already fairly ahead of its time.

Other than the obvious Ruby/Sapphire remakes, I'd absolutely love to see remakes of two of my favorite RTS games of all time: Impossible Creatures (a game where you can create armies of creatures by splicing animal DNA [but only two animals pet creature].) and Age of Mythology (a spinoff of Age of Empires with godly epicness!)

Back
Top Bottom