• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rate my three Pokemon team.

Roxxor

1st Generation Pokemon Trainer
Now all I have left to get the black trainer card is to get 100 straight wins in the Battle Tower. Well, here it is.

Ninjask
Nature: Jolly
Item: Lax Incense
255 Spd EVs, 255??? EVs (meaning I didn't really care to EV train in other stats)
Moves:
Protect
Substitute
Baton Pass
Swords Dance

Tauros
Nature: Rash
Item: Expert Belt
255 Spd EVs and 255 Atk EVs
Moves:
Zen Headbut
Earthquake
Rock Tomb
Giga Impact

Dragonite
Nature: Naughty
Item: Muscle Band
255 Spd EVs and 255 Atk EVs
Moves:
Wing Attack
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch
Giga Impact

Just please tell me your thoughts about my team. Thanks.

Last edited:
Replace Tauros' Giga Impact with Return, and replace Rock Tomb with Stone Edge. Then I'd say you should give it a Choice Band or Life Orb. Alternatively, consider giving it Leftovers and replacing Zen Headbutt with Substitute, but ONLY if it has Anger Point, as this will allow you to Substitute 5 times and have a fair chance of being hit with a critical hit, which will give you enough power to kill anything you'll face. If you're willing to breed, get one with a jolly nature, as it's far more useful. Also, get Dragonite Adamant.

Replace Dragonite's Giga Impact with Roost and replace Wing Attack with Dragon Dance. Your team is in need of something with survivability, so Roost will help a lot, and D-Dance makes sweeping much easier.

I would give Ninjask a healing move so it doesn't die from substitute (or give it leftovers). I might also teach it Double Team. Oh yeah, and don't have two of your pokemon know Giga Impact.

i was just reading over your team again and i noticed that ninjask does not have an attacking move. ninjasks are the best known baton passers so many opponents will be switching in pokemon with the move taunt to prevent them from upping there stats. i would include an attacking move so you are not caught struggling in an important battle.

Hehehee... I have been caught in a Struggle cycle with it in the Battle Tower. I don't want to give it an attacking move because then it will use protect and get killed the next turn.

I am starting to think about giving my Dragonite a Life Orb. Which one is better, Muscle Band or Life Orb? I just want this Dragonite to slaughter whatever it fights, so I might go with the Life Orb.

Hey, I don't want to post a new thread, so I'll just add onto my old one. Please rate my Walrein.

Walrein
Nature: Relaxed
Item: ??? (please give me some seggestions)
Moves:
Rest
Sleep Talk
Fissure
Sheer Cold

i would include an attacking move so you are not caught struggling in an important battle.

Agreed. Give it Aerial Ace and 252 in Attack. Occasionally it happens that you end up with a sub at the beginning of your turn, and if you've already SD'd once AA can do major damage. I would give it Leftovers to maybe sub an extra time so you get the most speed you can.

Walrein might be good with a wide lens? I still haven't figured out how much that item helps, but since you're relying on two OHKO moves it would be something to consider.

OHKO moves aren't effected by accuracy modifiers, sadly. Besides, if they were, wide lens would only increase it by 3%.

255 in two stats wastes 6 ev's. Put 252 in both Attack and Speed, then put six in HP for all three. Also, Adamant >>>>>>>>> Rash or Naughty, since you aren't using special attacks

Icalasari considering how much easier it is just to train something 255/255 the 6 EVs you don't bother with hardly matter, really, it's just like having an extra IV in a given stat - a mere one stat point.

Icalasari considering how much easier it is just to train something 255/255 the 6 EVs you don't bother with hardly matter, really, it's just like having an extra IV in a given stat - a mere one stat point.
How's it easier? If you have pokérus, all your EV yields are going to be even numbers anyway, so it's simple to hit 252 precisely.

I'll agree that one stat point isn't BIG DEAL WHOAHMG, but I don't see any point in wasting it just because you don't want to keep track of your EV's.

Also, agreed with Icalasari in that your natures in general need work. I understand if you don't want to breed again, but if you haven't EV trained these things yet, I would suggest it; for example, using naughty instead of adamant on draggy's going to dock you at least twenty stat points of special defense, which really helps against those ice beams, whereas you don't lose anything by leeching special attack.

How's it easier? If you have pokérus, all your EV yields are going to be even numbers anyway, so it's simple to hit 252 precisely.
If I'm EVing something in speed using Fisherman Andrew, for example, I get 60 Speed EV points every time I battle him. I generally find it easier just to max out speed on him than to go fiddling about with one stat point. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

If I'm EVing something in speed using Fisherman Andrew, for example, I get 60 Speed EV points every time I battle him. I generally find it easier just to max out speed on him than to go fiddling about with one stat point. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.
Well, yeah... you battle him four times for sixty points each (240), then remove the power weight and battle him once more for twelve points to make the 252 exactly. Same number of times you'd have to battle him to max at 255, and all you have to do is pull the enhancing item.

Well, yeah... you battle him four times for sixty points each (240), then remove the power weight and battle him once more for twelve points to make the 252 exactly. Same number of times you'd have to battle him to max at 255, and all you have to do is pull the enhancing item.
Apparently I was too stupid to figure this out. I'll keep that in mind in future. >_<

Back
Top Bottom