• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Third-Party Party Mafia - Game Thread

(references nobody here is going to recognize gooooo)
ummmmm very excuse

GDI I go away for two days and people are already hugeposting around here. Kind of surprised how many people sound like they got tough win-cons, I think mine shouldn't be too difficult, it doesn't hurt Town, and I can actually win even if I die (as long as Town wins). So it sounds like I might have gotten the Ferrari of win-cons, heh.

Not surprising that we have at least one roleblocker in a game like this. Mafia or Town or both? Not much to go on, but more info than people usually have on the first day, at least.

Hmm, not nearly enough info to be acted on, in any case. It looks like a nearly even split between role-linked and not-role-linked win conditions, from what people have claimed?

Rereading the thread since the day’s going to end soon, a few things that haven’t been talked about: this is a gut read but I think Jack’s post comes from a town perspective - I don’t think mafia expresses a hesitance to randlynch so early in the game given that mafia can so easily manipulate them to lynch town, in a functionally indistinguishable way from if it was town doing the randomizing.

Also, this is even more gut but I think Flora and ZM’ve been at least a little more active than they were as mafia/alien in ASB Halloween Mafia. Their posts seem more substantive/engaged with the discussion in both tone and content than in d1 of that game, and while that can be easily faked as scum they didn’t do so then.

Oy! Don't lump me in with Flora, I'm not that much of a lurker!

...And I'll have you know, I used to be in the top percentage of Mafia posters! Just a bit past my prime, is all.

I dunno, I think most people will post when there's an obvious piece of information to share or talk about (in this case, the private wincon). We just don't normally have anything to talk about on Day 1, so the type of player who sees no point in "hi i'm here i also know nothing" posts isn't likely to say anything. I wouldn't say this is indicative of anything one way or another, although I also have no reason to suspect Flora or ZM or anyone else. It is nice that there was something to discuss, though! I do kinda wonder how many people might have wincons that play off of one another in some way, or how many of these "annoying" wincons are annoying in part because someone else can disrupt them... I feel like there's gonna bit a fair bit of backstabbing up ahead, whoops.

Ah yeah, that makes sense. I guess what I’m trying to say is I see more tonal similarities between Flora’s/ZM’s posting this game and Two Mafia (when they were town) than ASB Halloween (when they were scum)... but that’s really just a gut feeling.

I guess the presence of our personal wincons to talk about today does give scum an excuse to look active as well, which kind of ties into that, but that’s also pretty much indistinguishable from town at this point so that’s probably not a productive line of thought, either.

I think “annoying” is like, more inclined to be “would actively hinder town/myself in some way” than “easy to do, but also easy to disrupt”? But really I only have my own win condition to go off there.

i don't think we have much to go on either way to be honest, although i see both as plausible. is anyone willing to answer a little bit about their wincon? i'm curious whether people's wincons are conditions that have to be true at least once, or if they have to be true by the end of the game, or what. i'm willing to put forward that my win condition must be true at the end of the game for it to be considered valid, not sure if that's the case with everyone else. :0 if it is, i think disruption is probably a pretty valid problem! especially if people have really specific win conditions.

Mine must be true at the end of the game, I suppose? But it's something that can be accomplished earlier and can't be revoked once it's done, so it's more like "accomplish this at some point in the game."

I think mine has to be actively true at the end of the game—I know there's definitely a factor that could cause it to become untrue even without deliberate interference, so I guess it's something I've just got to stay on top of.

my role pm specifies that it has to be at the end of the game for me to win, too. but i think it can be true before the end of the game, and just needs to stay that way.

Mine can be true at any point, really, but there's plenty of chances for it to go wrong.

Mine must be true at the end of the game, I suppose? But it's something that can be accomplished earlier and can't be revoked once it's done, so it's more like "accomplish this at some point in the game."

Mine’s essentially like this as well.

I’m guessing based on everyone’s answers so far that there’s enough variety in win conditions that we probably shouldn’t assume things about how others’ win conditions work based on our own, which is annoying. Disruption, being tied to a role, and anti-town-ness each look like they’re a problem for some people, but not for others.

Also, MF, will it be posted publicly when someone’s personal win condition has been met?

Mine is like this, too.

I don't suppose anything wildly groundbreaking is gonna come in the near future, so I guess I'll be the first person to put in a token abstain vote so the game can progress when MF's deadline is up?

Mine is...a peculiar one? Technically it could be fulfilled before game’s end, though since it’s more the absence of an event...

I think I’ll join jack in abstaining though!

Also, MF, will it be posted publicly when someone’s personal win condition has been met?
No, unless I've stated otherwise in any PM.

Also, I forgot to point this out earlier, but: since I sent out the role PMs while half-asleep, I failed to notice some minor issues with how well they copypasted into PMs. Because some of the role PMs have a lot of information (par for the MFia course), I'm a bit worried that it hurt legibility and made some roles difficult to understand. So, if you feel you had trouble reading your role PM or understanding your role, feel free to shoot me a line so I can send you what will hopefully be a more readable format of PM.

-----

The uncaring citizens ignore the vandalism and murder to boast about their personal goals. Life as usual in Randtopia.

No one was lynched.

72 hours for night acitons.

The sun rises, and nothing is amiss in Randtopia. Although something is certainly annoying -- sanderidge's dead body somehow ended up indented into the pavement of a major highway, leading to much annoyance for transporters and joyriders alike. Alas, as with any other hole in the road, fixing it would be filthy, outdated philantrophy.

sanderidge is dead. She was Town.

72 hours for discussion.

Dang. I’m guessing we lost an informative or protective role, since I can only think of one or two roleblocking/disruptive roles that’d know they were blocked.

Anyone have anything?

No information, but

Metallica Fanboy said:
The uncaring citizens ignore the vandalism and murder to boast about their personal goals. Life as usual in Randtopia.

I chuckled.

Back
Top Bottom