• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The QUILTBAG Club (formerly the LGBT club)

That's really cool, but guess what? David Cameron doesn't! As my friend posted on FB: "If only people had looked at how he's saving the economy, creating jobs, strengthening the welfare state, and improving education (instead of focussing on his apocalyptic plans for giving civil marriage to the sodomites) he'd have absolutely trampled Labour in the local elections, it's obvious!"
Leopards can't change their spots.

So, QUILTBAG, I need some help. See, this Friday I'm going out to the mall to do some shopping, and I figured I could use it as an opportunity to get myself some girl things without my parents finding out.

The problem (other than the fact that I will probably die from paranoia) is that I just don't know what to get ._.

Edit: oh, and thank you kindly, Dannichu!
You probably should start small, with women's jeans and tees. Try not to get skinny jeans or fitted tees though.

That's coming from someone who's cisgendered, though. But they seem like things that could blend in a little easier, while still allowing you to wear the clothes you want.

So, QUILTBAG, I need some help. See, this Friday I'm going out to the mall to do some shopping, and I figured I could use it as an opportunity to get myself some girl things without my parents finding out.

The problem (other than the fact that I will probably die from paranoia) is that I just don't know what to get ._.

Edit: oh, and thank you kindly, Dannichu!

You probably should start small, with women's jeans and tees. Try not to get skinny jeans or fitted tees though.

That's coming from someone who's cisgendered, though. But they seem like things that could blend in a little easier, while still allowing you to wear the clothes you want.

Not a female, but hopeandjoy is right. Always start small and comfortable. You don't want to jumpt too fast or too slow. Find something that is comfortable and try that. If you feel like you can/want to step it up, do so.

My own update: Told 1 person about the way I am. She is one of my best friends and is a great person. She said that she'd keep it until I was ready to go all the way and tell most of the people I knew. Going to tell #2

Lol I've already seen it, so I'm just going to quote the current top comment!
To everyone arguing against this video, I'd like to let you know that you're losing this war. Gay people are accepted more and more each day by young people who don't share their ancestor's prejudices. Religious people are finding kinder, gentler ways to interpret their holy books that don't demonize the other. Hateful acts and words are pushing more and more people away from the church. You can walk with us into a more compassionate future, or you can stay behind. It's your choice.

hey, guys! The LGBT+ Association here has been running a campaign all year called Out in Sport whose main aim is to get rid of homophobia in our Athletic Union. It's been quite successful this year and is now being rolled out across the UK as part of the NUS LGBT+ national campaigns. This is the video that my university made to raise awareness of issues facing LGBT+ people in sport, and for the teams to say "you're welcome here".

The campaign has been really successful here, too! It was unveiled recently at our AU Ball, which was neat! Most of the teams are missing from the video (there are tons, tons more, and every single AU team or club got involved with the campaign) but the ones that got in are the ones who were really supportive. Please watch! Feel free to share it with anyone you think might like it, too!

More congratulations, and that looks really interesting. Best of luck for it when it happens - how are you feeling about it? Are you paying for the op, or can you get it (or, at least, get this surgeon) on the NHS?
It's on the NHS. My travel expenses are even paid for as well, which is pretty damn amazing. I had cash put aside just in case though.

I haven't had major surgery before, so I have to admit that I'm a bit nervous. It's definitely gonna be worth it in the end though, and it'll be a big weight off my chest. Literally. =P

Lol I've already seen it, so I'm just going to quote the current top comment!
A comment on youtube that's actually intelligent and well thought-out? That's not something you see every day!

It's on the NHS. My travel expenses are even paid for as well, which is pretty damn amazing. I had cash put aside just in case though.

I haven't had major surgery before, so I have to admit that I'm a bit nervous. It's definitely gonna be worth it in the end though, and it'll be a big weight off my chest. Literally. =P

Heyyy congrats man!!! Super jealous u_u Buttt I've had major surgery, so I can at least calm you down I think - there's really nothing to worry about! Doctors are all super lovely people, you go in they give you like, calming drugs, then the anesthesiologist knocks you out and you wake up and you're all better and it's really actually a great experience, at least for me it was, cause you go in feeling sick and go out feeling better?? And everyone's nice to you. :p And I love nice people.

That is so cool. I adore the NHS; I've seen them loads of times (I've broken my leg twice in the past 5 years because I'm a genius) and they've always been efficient and lovely. The only major surgery I've had was when I had a dog bit my face when I was a baby. I had an extremely good plastic surgeon work on it for several hours had 56 stitches and thanks to all that, most people don't even notice the scar.

Anyways, I bet you'll feel so, so good after! Have you told people that you're having it?

And Blastoise's video is very, very sad ): To cheer myself (and maybe you lot) up, I'm reposting this, because it'll make you cry but it's also very, very uplifting.

HEY ALL YOU PEOPLE
Wow, I really missed this thread. It's been a while.

Anyway, I would just like to tell all of you who came out how much respect I have for you and your bravery. It was tough for me, and I sure as hell know I didn't have it the worst. It feels strange to finally be able to say this, but I'm almost free from my parents. In the fall, I'll be at New York University, one of the most gay colleges ever (they're just /everywhere/ there). I'm beyond excited, and I guess I just wanted to tell everyone that it gets better. Don't give up. You are all awesome.

HEY ALL YOU PEOPLE
Wow, I really missed this thread. It's been a while.

Anyway, I would just like to tell all of you who came out how much respect I have for you and your bravery. It was tough for me, and I sure as hell know I didn't have it the worst. It feels strange to finally be able to say this, but I'm almost free from my parents. In the fall, I'll be at New York University, one of the most gay colleges ever (they're just /everywhere/ there). I'm beyond excited, and I guess I just wanted to tell everyone that it gets better. Don't give up. You are all awesome.

HELLO! :D Oh, it's good to see you back! And I'm so, so pleased everything's going well for you, it's excellent you'll be going to NYU, and I hope everything's okay with your parents.

LGBT people have a hard time being out and keeping a job in most states, how are their rights in this sphere not an economic issue?

ugh I NEED A PLACE TO VENT so.

my friends keep the creepiest company I swear so there are lots of random pictures of me on facebook right. so one of my old school friend's creepy random pals who I have never met just posts like "nice ass hope it's a girl!!!" okay first UM WOW CREEPY this guy also constantly hits on our other friend and everyone just... laughs it off......

like... I don't think my friend actually gets that that's not only creepy but pretty shitty when you're trans*? like. I have tried to explain it and she's just like "yeah I guess so maybe!! but he's nice to me soooooooo!! he doesn't mean any harm! he just teases everyone!" (she also happened to mention that he probably would have tried to trigger me if he knew it would offend me ~~~~what a top guy~~~~ hahaha!!!!)

I mean I guess mostly I am venting about this one friend now but. seriously I have just suddenly realised why she was a-okay with laughing and being nice to people at school after they horribly bullied me, apparently it's because she can't hold a grudge~ and "as long as people are nice to [her] she has no problem with them" THERE IS SO MUCH WRONG WITH THAT why have I put up with this for so long

now I feel super-shit about my body I haven't felt dysphoric in so long but nope guess that's ruined!!! ~~~
/flops away.

ugh I NEED A PLACE TO VENT so.

my friends keep the creepiest company I swear so there are lots of random pictures of me on facebook right. so one of my old school friend's creepy random pals who I have never met just posts like "nice ass hope it's a girl!!!" okay first UM WOW CREEPY this guy also constantly hits on our other friend and everyone just... laughs it off......

like... I don't think my friend actually gets that that's not only creepy but pretty shitty when you're trans*? like. I have tried to explain it and she's just like "yeah I guess so maybe!! but he's nice to me soooooooo!! he doesn't mean any harm! he just teases everyone!" (she also happened to mention that he probably would have tried to trigger me if he knew it would offend me ~~~~what a top guy~~~~ hahaha!!!!)

I mean I guess mostly I am venting about this one friend now but. seriously I have just suddenly realised why she was a-okay with laughing and being nice to people at school after they horribly bullied me, apparently it's because she can't hold a grudge~ and "as long as people are nice to [her] she has no problem with them" THERE IS SO MUCH WRONG WITH THAT why have I put up with this for so long

now I feel super-shit about my body I haven't felt dysphoric in so long but nope guess that's ruined!!! ~~~
/flops away.

:[ I offer hugs if you want them...

This brings up an issue that I've been wondering about, which I guess for most people might seem silly, but it's really confusing for me. Which is simply, like, why do people do mean things...? Like, that dude you mentioned who would try to trigger you on purpose...? What is that function in humanity that just, wants to hurt other people? Pleasure from pain? There has to be some explanation for this, I mean, at our basis we are a pack animal, we are supposed to care for each other, and autistics are somehow made fun of for being less empathetic than others while here I am feeling sick because allistic people go out of their way to be mean to others. I feel like I'm missing something really simple. :\

Back
Top Bottom