• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Quirky Mafia

What the heck is up with that robot? I mean, it seems like somebody must be connected to it. Maybe it'll keep giving out helpful info/Protection.

Is it really random, Superbird? The action and the target.

I stared at the body before me. Things were getting more strange that a zebra in the big city. Once again, my night was wasted. Someone, or something was preventing me from doing my job. Sure, this Light guy had been suspicious, he had it out for me, but I wanted the hard proof of why. Something had locked Light up... or something had locked him in.

I gotta stop watching those animal docs in the mornings.

I pointed at the body. "I was trailing him last night," I said plainly. "But someone stopped me from gettin' to 'em. The place was boarded up. Either he wanted to keep someone out, or someone wanted to keep him in. Point still stands. I couldn't get to him. I think someone's blocking my investigation."

Alright, so I'm assuming that the characters in the flavor text are the fluff roles of the players, asides maybe the Hangman. Maybe. Now, from this, I could infer that we have at least one doc at hand, the Nurse. The Cleric might also be a second doc, or it could be something completely different, I dunno. Also, there's the matter of the killing: On N0, the death was from a gunshot, clearly a Mafia kill. Here, though, Light died midsentence, from poison, I suspect, or mayhaps a different indirect kill.

Now, for the matter of Light's possible role. It said he was the Judge. Now, that could be just a reskin of a role, maybe the Mayor, with votes counting double. Or it could be a, whadayoucallit, I don't remember the name but they can I think override the vote with a bold command (like explode Rowboat Girlyman or execute Karen Traviss or w/e), for a one-time lynch of their choice. If the latter is true I'm not sure why he didn't use it but I guess he wasn't 100% convinced that Phantom was a Bad Person? idk

And Phantom, you said that Light wasn't home? I don't think that something a Judge would be capable of doing. Either it was a case of he was gone and boarded it up later, which sounds more Commuter, or he was, as you said, locked in. That could be some sorta Mafia Roleblocking with a twist or something, or it could just be a Jailer, which could have absorbed a bullet for him but not a poisoning.

And Harvest Ty, the Robot is a NPC. It was said so in the sign-ups. Superbird consults the RNG Gods and then chooses an action corresponding their numerical response.
(holy shit this post was long)

Wait but if light was poisoned, why would Mafia attack him as well? We had a death in N0 that was an outright kill. Light was poisoned. I see no reason for the overkill, unless they suspected there was a poison doctor. Otherwise, I don't know.

So maybe there was some sort of indirect kill.

Yeah I just wanted to double check.

And Phantom, you said that Light wasn't home? I don't think that something a Judge would be capable of doing. Either it was a case of he was gone and boarded it up later, which sounds more Commuter, or he was, as you said, locked in. That could be some sorta Mafia Roleblocking with a twist or something, or it could just be a Jailer, which could have absorbed a bullet for him but not a poisoning.

I shook my head. "No, I that's not what I said. I said my investigation was blocked. I got there, but there was no way in."

Wait but if light was poisoned, why would Mafia attack him as well? We had a death in N0 that was an outright kill. Light was poisoned. I see no reason for the overkill, unless they suspected there was a poison doctor. Otherwise, I don't know.

So maybe there was some sort of indirect kill.

Yeah I just wanted to double check.

Obviously this guy wasn't a squint, and new to the big game. "If he was poisoned, it was on the same night that the Mayor was killed. Poison kills in time, usually the most common types you'll get around here will kill 'em the day after."

I take another drag, breathing the smoke out in a long breath. "This ain't a mafia kill. I think that this Light guy did somethin' wrong. Broke the rules. Pissed off the big numero uno, if you know what I mean. That, or the mafia is changin' up their game."

"It's fishy, that much I got. Best bet is the poisoner is separate from the scum. They did their work on the night the mayor got hit. That means there was no scum killin' last night. Maybe they took day off. Makes a hell of a lot more sense considerin' the long night."

That would make sense. If the Poisoner was non Mafia Affiliated, they could've targeted him not knowing he was poisoned, and then he was Jailed.

I'm really curious as to what a cleric is.

I shrugged. "Probably another name for a healer I guess."

I gazed about the room. I had my suspicions. But I'd keep them to myself. There were eyes. So many eyes. Lingering here and there, sometimes straying away for a second too long. There was no time to waste. I had to make a move. The time for abstaining was over. It was time to get the game moving. Or at least to try to glean as much info as I could. "I liek Squirtles, " I stated, "where were you last night?"

Bees make very nice honey for toast.

Eggs.

That's rather rude, poking around in people's business like that. >:( But if you must know, I was watching cat videos and pirating Arrested Development.

That's rather rude, poking around in people's business like that. >:( But if you must know, I was watching cat videos and pirating Arrested Development.

Once again my palm collided with my face at maximum velocity. "That's... That's not what I meant." I sighed.

Call it an inner guide. But I knew who my list was. It was only a matter of time.

Also why the vote on Squirtles?

"I got my reasons."

I didn't think I needed to explain myself. "I think," I said with a sly grin, or at least what I thought was a sly grin, "you fell into my game. Harvest Ty. Both you and ILS... I'm watching you. Your questions have been too in many, creating conversation where there really wasn't one. You've been running the thread. I've seen it before."

What?
That makes absolutely no sense at all. Am I supposed to stay quiet and not imput information and opinons as town? Because that's what it sounds like to me. All I'm doing is discussing and creating disscusions. That's how you can get other players to talk and slip.

Poison? That really is strano. Doesn't sound like a normal kill - but I guess it wouldn't be a healer clash or anything like that, right?

Unless that somehow could apply to medicines being mixed and thus resulting in a poison but I guess that seems like a pretty far stretch.

Back
Top Bottom