• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Realistic Pokémafia II [Game]

Re: Realistic Pokémafia II [Game]

all aboard LZ 129 !! ... pffh I'm being a 1. Luftballon instead of 129. Luftschiff Zeppelin but oh well all aboard the LR 1 doesn't have the same ring to it.

sorry I wanted an excuse to say that and this was perfect

res

You might not want to do this after I've voted to lynch you and all, but I took 60hp damage; can you see if it was indeed your move that bopped me?

it wouldn't have made it through your protection due to heading priority.

The... conversation marched on pretty quickly without me oh dear!! But 1. Luftballon.

1. Luftballon was one of the most vocal townspeople on the first day. It was also very helpful, assisting in making charts to help everyone figure out what was going on. But at the same time, Alligates declared that she had tried to charm 1. Luftballon, and failed. Presumably because 1. Luftballon was a member of the mafia, and therefore despite its helpful nature was concealing a fearless, emotionless psychopath filled with murderous wrath for no particular reason. And also maybe because every few minutes it would excuse itself from the conversation to ask the Substitute Doll who was presiding over the meeting a private question. Thanks to its suspicious behavior, 1. Luftballon was chosen by the town to be lynched despite its helpfulness.

As the nighttime approached, the discussion slowed. As sunset arrived, the Substitute Doll decided they had reached a clear verdict. Upon its command, the crowd parted and formed a circle, in the middle of which were the doll and 1. Luftballon. The latter had no parting words, instead simply looking the Substitute doll in the eye as it fluttered in place. And then, the Substitute Doll glowed with a light blue aura, and a sudden blue flame arose around 1. Luftballon, engulfing it immediately and burning it to a crisp in a beautiful display of majestic flame. The lone Typhlosion in the audience, a fire-type, clapped enthusiastically with appreciation for the spectacle before realizing the rest of the town was glaring and stopping.

When the flames died out, the 1. Luftballon's blackened corpse was ready to be examined. Upon doing so, the townspeople found irrefutable evidence that...

1. Luftballon, the Butterfree, has been lynched. It was aligned with the MAFIA.

It is the dusk of Night 1. You have 48 hours for night actions.

This night didn't pass as quietly as the last -- there was significantly more activity, and by its end there were quite a few more pokémon nursing small bruises. However, like the day before, no one was late to the village square, and even if some of the pokémon were a little bit worse for wear, still none were dead yet. The confused rambles of some would likely dominate the discussion for the first few hours, due to a well-laid plan being defeated by an even better-laid plan -- or so it seemed, at least. Who could tell? And the Substitute doll, when it appeared, gave no more hints as to what had happened; it simply proclaimed that the second day of discussion was about to begin, and that the townspeople should continue to try and find the members of the mafia.

No one died last night.

It is the dawn of Day 2. You have 48 hours for discussion.

This night didn't pass as quietly as the last -- there was significantly more activity, and by its end there were quite a few more pokémon nursing small bruises. However, like the day before, no one was late to the village square, and even if some of the pokémon were a little bit worse for wear, still none were dead yet. The confused rambles of some would likely dominate the discussion for the first few hours, due to a well-laid plan being defeated by an even better-laid plan -- or so it seemed, at least. Who could tell? And the Substitute doll, when it appeared, gave no more hints as to what had happened; it simply proclaimed that the second day of discussion was about to begin, and that the townspeople should continue to try and find the members of the mafia.

No one died last night.

It is the dawn of Day 2. You have 48 hours for discussion.

so uh. I was making a post when yesterday ended, yay me for taking a really long time to write posts? The most relevant parts are below.

No, your phone sensed the true nature of Alligates, who is actually a pair of alligators in a tall trenchcoat.

...We have been discovered, flee immediately. actually wait, before that another list. (Tyrantrum can apparently learn Charm by level-up, blazhy, so. And since it would be pretty stupid to claim a Pokemon you’re not bc species-reveal on death and counterclaims, I’m assuming that all species claims are true.)

1. blazheirio889: Not Drifblim. Took 60 damage n0. Has no damaging moves. Used a move which (should) have prevented all actions from hitting her n0.
2. Mafia Facilitator: Ampharos with a Rash nature. Took no damage n0. Stats prenature: 165 / 95 / 105 / 135 / 110 / 75, adjust spA and SpD as needed.
3. I liek Squirtles: Pokemon unknown. Took unknown damage n0.
4. Butterfree: Pokemon unknown. Took no damage n0.
5. Alligates: Tyrantrum with a Hasty nature. Took no damage n0. Used Charm (cop+communication) on 1. Luftballon n0 with the result "The move failed". Stats: 157 / 141 / 126 / 89 / 79 / 100.
6. DarkAura: Pokemon unknown. Took no damage n0.
7. hopeandjoy: Meowstic-m with a Sassy nature. Used a tracker move on Flora n0 with the result "Flora targeted herself". Has the move Role Play, which copies a move. Entire moveset is support (=nondamaging?) but doesn't have any healing moves. Stats presumably 149 / 68 / 96 / 103 / 111 / 112 but did not confirm.
8. Mai: Pokemon unknown. Took no damage n0.
9. 1. Luftballon: Butterfree. Mafia. Took no damage n0. Stats pre-nature 135 / 65 / 70 / 110 / 100 / 90. Lynched d1.
10. Tailsy: Pokemon unknown. Took no damage n0.
11. Majora: Pokemon unknown. Took no damage n0. Possibly implied that he used a protecting move n0? Has exactly one damaging attack and at least one protecting move.
12. Visitor Message: Presumably Medicham with an unknown nature. Knows Role Play, which has the same effect as hopeandjoy’s Role Play. Took no damage n0.
13. Flora: Pokemon unknown. Took no damage n0.
14. Phantom: Pokemon unknown. Took no damage n0. Believes that the cat is adorable.

Pool of possible Pokemon: [Drifblim, Hawlucha, Xatu, Butterfree, Tyrantrum, Medicham, Espeon, Musharna, Accelgor, Meowstic-m, Ampharos, Flygon, Feraligatr, Typhlosion] and their stats pre-nature
Accelgor: 155 / 90 / 60 / 120 / 80 / 165
Ampharos: 165 / 95 / 105 / 135 / 110 / 75
Butterfree: 135 / 65 / 70 / 110 / 100 / 90 (res, dead, mafia)
Drifblim: 225 / 100 / 64 / 110 / 74 / 100
Espeon: 140 / 75 / 80 / 135 / 115 / 130
Feraligatr: 160 / 125 / 120 / 99 / 103 / 98
Flygon: 155 / 120 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 120
Hawlucha: 153 / 112 / 95 / 94 / 83 / 138
Medicham: 135 / 80 / 95 / 80 / 95 / 100 (presumably VM)
Meowstic-m: 149 / 68 / 96 / 103 / 101 / 124 (hopeandjoy)
Musharna: 191 / 75 / 105 / 127 / 115 / 49
Typhlosion: 185 / 136 / 130 / 161 / 137 / 152
Tyrantrum: 157 / 141 / 139 / 89 / 81 / 91 (Alligates)
Xatu: 140 / 95 / 90 / 115 / 90 / 115

Last night I tried to use Charm but took 46 damage and flinched, so my action didn't go through and presumably (confirmation?) the actions of the Role Players also did not go through. This leads me to believe that I wasn't roleblocked n0 because I didn't receive the flinch message which is distinct from the move failure (well, res was mafia anyway, so). I'll run some calcs on flinching moves and see if I can figure out maybe which move was used.

Does anyone have information?

I took no damage.

Hmmm, 46 is very little damage... Definitely no Iron Head there.

I took no damage.

Hmmm, 46 is very little damage... Definitely no Iron Head there.

Fake out, maybe?

In any case, I'm hawlucha, lax nature. Thinking about Phantom's defense of res, last night I used sky drop on her, which forces her to target me - I took 38 damage.

I used Role Play on Alligates last night and since she flinched it didn't work. I didn't take damage though.

Also, those stats are correct.

Does anyone have any flinching (role blocking) moves for comparison? Do moves that have a chance to flinch have the same chance or 100% or what? AP Calc and Veekun both say that my SpD should be 79 with perfect genes and non-training. ???

Also aha um. I've been running calcs on AP Calc these past 30 minutes (i have no life) and so far:
(also I forgot to factor in critical hits. Does anyone know if crits occur?)
-Fake Out: Could have been used by Meowstic or Medicham. However, both of those players said they were going to use Role Play, and Meowstic’s base Atk is too low. Tyrantrum also resists it. Although, VM didn’t definitively claim Medicham- counterclaims? (I still don’t see him as very anti town right now, anyway.)
-Air Slash: Can’t be learned by any Pokemon.
-Astonish: Can’t be learned.
-Bite: Could have been used by Feraligatr or Flygon. However, 0+ Atk Feraligatr Bite vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Tyrantrum: 25-30.
-Headbutt: Could have been used by Ampharos, Espeon, Feraligatr, Typhlosion, Medicham, or Flygon. 0+ Atk Pure Power Medicham Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Tyrantrum: 19-22 and 0+ Atk Feraligatr Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Tyrantrum: 14-17.
-Heart Stamp: Can’t be learned.
-Icicle Crash: Can’t be learned.
-Iron Head: Can’t be learned.
-Needle Arm: Can’t be learned.
-Rock Slide: NVE so I just skipped the calc’s, haha.
-Rolling Kick: nope
-Sky Attack: Hawlucha, Xatu. 0+ Atk Hawlucha Sky Attack vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Tyrantrum: 39-46, so this is a possibility.
-Steamroller: nope
-Stomp: NVE so I just skipped the calc’s, haha.
-Dark Pulse: Meowstic-m. In the process of calculating.
-Dragon Rush: nope
-Twister: Xatu, Butterfree (obv. impossible), Flygon. Apparently Xatu cannot learn twister or I spelt it wrong or something so I subbed vacuum wave; it’s still super effective and has the same bp. 0+ SpA Xatu Vacuum Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyrantrum: 50-60 / 0- SpA Xatu Vacuum Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyrantrum: 40-48 / 0 SpA Xatu Vacuum Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyrantrum: 44-54, 0+ SpA Xatu Vacuum Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyrantrum: 66-78 / 0- SpA Xatu Vacuum Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyrantrum: 54-66 (the second pair was with Flygon’s base SpA and had STAB.) Therefore, possibility is only Xatu’s.

The ones I haven't done so far are Waterfall, Zen Headbutt, Extrasensory, Fire Fang, Hyper Fang, Ice Fang, and Thunder Fang.

tl;dr currently only noncritting +Atk Hawlucha Sky Attack or neutral or -SpA Xatu Twister could have done it. also you're Lax, Mai, so no Sky Attack.

My Role Play didn't work either, since Alligates couldn't use his action.

That's pretty annoying that three of us couldn't use our actions. If we all did, this game may have been over fairly quickly. If we try this again though, we should also make it so there is no possible overlap between our targets.

Also, no one targeted me. I didn't mention this before, but I have Telepathy, which lets me know which players target me.

Fake out, maybe?

In any case, I'm hawlucha, lax nature. Thinking about Phantom's defense of res, last night I used sky drop on her, which forces her to target me - I took 38 damage.
Ooh, that's positively suspicious. I could speculate on it but I'd rather hear if Phantom has anything to say for herself first.

I didn't take any damage last night. I'm interested in hearing from everyone else, though, to see who's taken damage.

I also haven't taken damage yet! I'm Flygon, Impish (+Def -SpA) nature, for the record. I don't have any roleblocking moves, though, so I wouldn't know nothin' 'bout flinching. I do have two redirect moves, but both of them cause damage so I haven't used them yet for obvious reasons.

Phantom seems like the best lead right now!

That's pretty annoying that three of us couldn't use our actions. If we all did, this game may have been over fairly quickly.

Which means that the mafia will keep flinching me to wear me down and to make sure I and you can't all use Charm to weed out the mafiosi. Ugh.

Assuming no crits and I was only targeted by one Pokemon, the flinching attack that hit me last night could only have been one of +Atk Hawlucha Sky Attack, neutral or -SpA Xatu Twister, neutral or -Atk Feraligatr Waterfall, or -Atk Feraligatr Ice Fang. However useful that is - I'm pretty sure the person who targeted me is mafia, which means if we all claim Pokemon or something we'll get something done. fakeclaiming isn't exactly easy in this game setup because counterclaims, so.

I'd also like to hear what Phantom has to say. What move did you use last night and who was your original target?

Which means that the mafia will keep flinching me to wear me down and to make sure I and you can't all use Charm to weed out the mafiosi. Ugh.

Assuming no crits and I was only targeted by one Pokemon, the flinching attack that hit me last night could only have been one of +Atk Hawlucha Sky Attack, neutral or -SpA Xatu Twister, neutral or -Atk Feraligatr Waterfall, or -Atk Feraligatr Ice Fang. However useful that is - I'm pretty sure the person who targeted me is mafia, which means if we all claim Pokemon or something we'll get something done. fakeclaiming isn't exactly easy in this game setup because counterclaims, so.

I'd also like to hear what Phantom has to say. What move did you use last night and who was your original target?
Unless it's Fake Out, it should be possible to prevent it in the future by healing you.

And if it is, well, it's probably one-shot, just as Fake Out is in-game.

Well I got hit hard, lost quite a bit of hp. I didnt send a night action. I haven't been on a computer. Right now im on my phone.

Ok, sorry for the inactivity. I took 38 damage last night, and I have an infomove. Last night I targeted Tailsy, and she flipped innocent. Night before that, I inspected Phantom who flipped mafia.

Back
Top Bottom