• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Violin vs Viola?

Violin vs Viola?

• Violin

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Viola

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
Cello is better than both of these, clearly, but since there are only two options I chose violin. :3

I've played the Violin since the 5th grade, so I chose Violin. I also chose them because they're usually the highest and fastest instruments within a String Orchestra.

It's a bit hard to not squeak, because once you squeak, you keep thinking about the squeaking. Then you try not to squeak, but when you keep thinking about not squeaking rather than the music, you squeak some more. Then you can't play at all and have a xO expression on your face.

Wtf is with the whole squeaking discussion? I've heard Viola's squeak >.> There's simply never enough Viola players within Orchestras, so IMO due to their much smaller size (in most School Orchestras in my area), you won't hear them squeak as often.

Every instrument can sound pretty terrible if it's not played properly, so, that a violin can squeak when it's not played properly isn't really the violin's fault, it's the instrumentalist's... as violins can also sound very beautiful. :)

Fun fact: 'Viola' is one of the tenses of the verb 'to rape' in Portuguese.

This is also true for Spanish.

That being said, I love both of the instruments, but since I'm obsessed with instruments that hit lower notes, I voted Viola because it's closer to that than Violins.

Of course, cellos own both of them. And the Double Bass is even awesomer, especially when played by bowing!

I agree that doubles bases sound better, but I could never play one. I'd need a chair to stand on if I did X3

Back
Top Bottom