• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ON TAGGING AND HOW NOT TO DO IT

yeah, all overdramatic, myself included, I agree. I'm a bit pissed off right now in general and aimed it at this thread/topic (i'd delete the post and forget about it, but it's been quoted, so i'm too late), though I still do think tags should be used properly more often than for jokes and memes. I'm sure - trailed off, can't think of conclusion for this sentance. I think I badly need to sleep.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I'm going to go through every thread I ever tagged as "is that a fucking bear" and remove the tag.

I'm not sucking up, I just don't want people to be mad at me.

Plus, the tag cloud is a bit unpleasant aesthetically with that big "is that a fucking bear" there.

I doubt it'll disappear, though; many of the "is that a fucking bear" tags aren't even mine.

I doubt it'll disappear, though; many of the "is that a fucking bear" tags aren't even mine.
But a lot of them are. Out of the ones I've removed, I think three of them weren't? but I dunno I didn't check who did it for all of them. Assuming that people don't keep tagging threads 'is that a fucking bear' for no reason, it'll probably be removed eventually.

I hadn't seen it get out of hand other then the bear thing which I and a lot of other people found amusing. This place needs to relax a little. As long as the necessary tags are there, who cares? Or if you really want to implement this rule. Just have the thread creator/mods as the only tag makers. Isn't that common sense?

LOL IS THAT A FUCKING BEAR RANDOM ZANY HOW FUNNY LOL OH LOOK I AM SO AMUSED

Tags aren't really useful anyway since it seams that nobody uses the same tag you are going to use(from experience) usually. And does anyone actually check the Tag Cloud to find a thread. It might as well be use as a gag in my opinion. And there is a little too much drama here, just over stupid tags. And it would be too difficult probably to delete every tag with a meme in it. And like I said before, do people use them? Thats my two cents.

I hadn't seen it get out of hand other then the bear thing which I and a lot of other people found amusing. This place needs to relax a little. As long as the necessary tags are there, who cares?
maybe I'm just a hardass but I don't see why one person's fervent inclination to be a wacky random internet teenager should ever take priority over useful information

Tags aren't really useful anyway since it seams that nobody uses the same tag you are going to use(from experience) usually. And does anyone actually check the Tag Cloud to find a thread. It might as well be use as a gag in my opinion. And there is a little too much drama here, just over stupid tags. And it would be too difficult probably to delete every tag with a meme in it. And like I said before, do people use them? Thats my two cents.
Which probably has something to do with why I've been going through and altering some tags for a bit more consistency. also it's not so much that memes are bad as completely unrelated memes for the hell of it are dumb

It's not that useful right now but I think it'd be fairly useful eventually? Potentially useful, anyway. There's still not that many threads so it's easy to find things, but....

why is "failing at thread titles" such an important tag anyway?

you may as well just call it unclear, really. I agree with Butterfree in that tags are a tiny feature and I'm surprised people care much about them. They weren't even here a couple of months ago.

it isn't but it's what caught on for unclear thread titles :/

[shrug]

maybe I'm just a hardass but I don't see why one person's fervent inclination to be a wacky random internet teenager should ever take priority over useful information

It doesn't take priority. When you search 'videos', you're not going to get results for 'is that a fucking bear?' or anything else. The tags still work either way.

This has already been resolved why are people still here whining!

surskitty said:
It's not that useful right now but I think it'd be fairly useful eventually? Potentially useful, anyway. There's still not that many threads so it's easy to find things, but....

I'm sure it'll be useful for people not to ask the same questions over and over in the website building/mastering forums.

Last edited:
It doesn't take priority. When you search videos, you're not going to get results for 'is that a fucking bear?' or anything else. The tags still work either way.
ok the tag cloud had "IS THAT A FUCKING BEAR" in super gigantic letters

what the fuck is priority, if not that

This has already been resolved why are people still here whining!
that's what she said

I didn't see the caps. Perhaps some did and others didn't. The tags are at the bottom of the page so who cares. As long as there's not a million tags that prevent the quick reply addicts from reaching their precious then I don't see the issue. I'll say it again.

When you search 'videos', you're not going to get results for 'is that a fucking bear?' or anything else. The tags still work either way.

Anywho, no use arguing over what's been resolved. You don't like it, too bad, but if you must have your way, talk to Butterfree

I didn't see the caps.

just for the record that's because all the tags were removed. before it was in a size about five times bigger than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom