• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How do you form a club?

Eeveeon25

I didn't see any rules on it in the Club board, so I'm asking here. Do you need to get permission from a mod or something like that? Is there a certain format you must do? All I know right now is that you can't make Anti-clubs.

You make a thread titled "_______ Fan[ ]club", put a list of members, and people join. Easy as ice cream cake.

Nothing special. Just make a thread.

At first I thought this said "How do you make a child?"

My point was that it's kind of annoying that we have all these specific places to put threads to discuss things and then Clubs so that people can go "OH LET'S STICK A SHINY MEMBER LIST AND MAYBE SOME BANNERS ON THIS THREAD AND CALL IT A CLUB SO THAT WE CAN PUT IT SOMEWHERE WAY THE FUCK ELSE" and generally detract from any sense of organization. I hate Clubs. Oh well.

There is no real difference; do whatever you like.

Worse is that a lot of the clubs are formed after there's an existing and active thread about exactly the same thing. :V

lol circlejerk

I'd say there are a few fundamental differences between an ordinary thread about, say, a video game series and a club thread about it.

- In a fan club about a series, people who don't like the series are expected to leave it alone, while there is no such restriction on an ordinary discussion thread.
- In a fan club, the discussion is allowed to roam more. For instance, I'd be iffy on people posting fan art in a discussion thread in Entertainment about something, but fine with it in a fan club; likewise, suddenly changing the subject of discussion would be more appropriate in a club than in an ordinary discussion thread.
- An Entertainment thread might be made about individual pieces of news relating to some particular series and be expected to keep to that particular piece of news rather than involving general discussion about the series.

And so on. Thus, I don't think a fan club and an Entertainment discussion thread are really the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom