• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

\o/ \o/ changed my title&name

Minish

Pronoun
they
I am now Mx Cirrus F (well in a few days) by deed poll!! \o/ this is a big and awesome thing for me so yay, yay, yay all over the place

also it means I am going to be veeery selective about who I inform because the bank can't know *just* yet so I am a mystery ghost person or something?!?!

also I am aware that if you are on both IRC and have me on facebook you will be hearing about this three times. eheh?

Last edited:
Eeh congrats :D !!! Idk how it works in the UK, is it as pain in the ass as the US where you need to like, go to court or some shit...? Weh. Regardless. Awesome. Why can't the bank know though - don't they have to know? o.o

Eeh congrats :D !!! Idk how it works in the UK, is it as pain in the ass as the US where you need to like, go to court or some shit...? Weh. Regardless. Awesome. Why can't the bank know though - don't they have to know? o.o
nope we just pay some money and sign it in the presence of a witness whenever we want.

i didn't know mx was a title huh
but yay for you, i know that name changes actually happening are an awesome feeling :)

What made you want to change your legal name? Also, is it pronounced "mix"?

Nothing made me just wanted to! Didn't like my birth one, especially as it's very gendered! It's pronounced just how it looks, I guess! I personally say it closer to 'mux'.

@pathos it's just because Scotland don't like deed polls :P I'll be in England very soon so it's not too bad also thanks!!!!! here it's kind of like you just use this to inform people so they can update things, rather than there being an official registry of people or something like you'd think.

Not to disappoint, but "Cirrus" is also quite gendered, toward the female side. Congrats, in any case!

Cirrus super-congrats that's really really exciting and great!!!!!!!!! :o Cirrus hopefully all the updates go smoothly it will be super-great to get to be Cirrus everywhere, right!! :o

Not to disappoint, but "Cirrus" is also quite gendered, toward the female side. Congrats, in any case!

It's not gendered at all, it's just a type of cloud! Clouds can't be gendered they're just a natural thing that happens in the world it's like when people claims cats are gendered female, um no, there are male cats??

It's not very nice to tell people who struggle with gender something like that; if something actually does have gender connotations, chances are they'll already have been reminded of it a thousand times over in today's society and don't need the reminder from you, too! (and even if it has none, they'll definitely still be hyper-aware of any possible connotations that could be read from it anyway because people will pretty much always figure out some way to stuff a gender connotation into every possible thing) It just makes people uncomfortable for no reason when you say something like that!

Cirrus try not to worry about it Cirrus doesn't have a gender it's just your personal name and it's super-great that you found a neutral name that you're happy with and managed to change to it!!!!

Oh, I know a couple of people who have that name (both female). It's not very popular, sure, but it's been used before!

Actually searching in the California name database I get both genders, so I guess it's okay!

EDIT Sorry if what I said made you anxious. Again, congrats!

Oh, I know a couple of people who have that name (both female). It's not very popular, sure, but it's been used before!

Actually searching in the California name database I get both genders, so I guess it's okay!

That doesn't really make a name gendered, but okay! The deal with my birth name is that it uses a common ~female-name~ ending and pop culture connotations and would read as very female purely because of association rather than just because of any ridic judgements on anyone else's behalf.

I wouldn't really use a name database as an authority on what is gendered but um okay I guess I'm meant to be yay about that?

Hiikaru thank you!!!!!! it's unfortunate that it still costs a lot, but.

Back
Top Bottom