• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ever Meet Anyone Famous?

Flareth

The fastest girl in town
I know there's been one of these before. In fact.....I made the last iteration of the thread. But I don't want to revive it since it's a year old and such.

Anyway...

People I have met
-----

-Aaron Carter (Only sorta at a girl makeup place event)
- The band Gloriana
- Some Food Network star (I THINK it was Giada DeLaurentis...that's here name right)
-My cousin's in a relatively successful band called Toy Soldiers

played with the Dallas Brass last year in high school, got a poster autographed by the five of them. interviewed Charles Bock for a research paper my freshman year since he was once good friends with my dad. speaking of my parents they worked at the same newspaper as Mitch Albom once upon a time though to my knowledge I never met him.

met Vicky Holmes the main author of Warriors twice on tour, got autographed books, and she later named a character in one of the books after my warrior name because of the impression I made (two large posterboard family trees of all the characters).

also my dad's written loads of short stories/whimsical poetry which have never gotten published but one day may be!! he did get a poem published in an anthology of this city's fiction writers' works so

my pre-calc teacher used to be in a band called Honey Child

I spent an entire day with Josh Hutcherson and Annasophia Robb. We were at a hotel in Auckland, just hanging out by the pool, when they were like "Oh, by the way, we're movie stars..." That was when they were touring for Bridge to Terabithia. It was pretty cool.

I met John De Lancie (Q, Discord, other roles I can't remember) on Saturday, got to hug him and got a drawing signed by him.

It was awesome.

I don't know if anyone's actually heard of Gao Xingjian, but he's a Nobel Prize laureate. He's friends with my dad. When I was really little, he apparently bought me a LEGO set for Christmas (not that I remember). More recently, we borrowed an apartment of his last time we went to Paris.

Erm, I apparently met someone with the first name of Lawrence or something, but I can't quite remember. This was when I was 3. I think he is a designer.

Erm, I apparently met someone with the first name of Lawrence or something, but I can't quite remember. This was when I was 3. I think he is a designer.

If you mean interior design, could you mean Laurence Llewelyn Bowen?

Christina Perri went to my high school for two year (and apparently my grade school too!) and credits my old voice teacher for teaching her to sing :D

Also both Dee Roscioli, who was Elphaba once (and, more awesomely, ASH'S MOM IN POKEMON LIVE), and Steve from Blue's Clues went to my college; Steve watches our performances sometimes and Dee sometimes performs in the Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival that we hold on campus during the summer.

And apparently my PreCalc teacher is the Quiz Master of Scholastic Scrimmage on PBS.

Last edited:
once I saw that seagull what was on the news because it walks into one shop every day and steals a packet of cheesy doritos

was a good day

I've met a lot of pro sports players, mostly from the MN Vikings, which is funny because I'm not even a Vikings fan. My parents pager store back in the late 90's early 2000's was the 'Official Paging Company of the Minnesota Vikings' and we had a lot of players come in for signings. Other players I met after games or at random signings.

I went to school with two now pro sports players, Alexander Robinson (Class of '06), and Royce White (my class, '09). Alex was an awesome guy, and Royce was... yeah, sort of a jerk.

Let's see, I also met the cast from the Hunger Games when they were at the MOA.

You met Joe Mauer aaafhasd asfjasd. I've met a lot of pro athletes, all of them from here.

Roberto Alomar, pro baseball player, Hall of Famer
Javi Lopez, pro baseball player, catcher
Miguel Cotto, pro boxer
Ivan Calderon, pro boxer
Juan 'Igor' Gonzalez, pro baseball player
Luis 'Feñito' Rodriguez, pro volleyball player

Also, I've met this columnist for the biggest paper in the country. His name is Benjamin Torres Gotay.

I've met a few musicians probably nobody here knows about, also I went to school with a local football star and I go to the same university as Tim Minchin did. Oh yeah! I also went and saw Ross Noble earlier in the year and we were up front so he interacted with us briefly during the show.

I briefly met Chrigel from Eluveitie a while back at a festival. I also met Marco Hietala once when he played with Tarot. Also one of the Katatonia guys.

Back
Top Bottom