• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[SIGNUPS/OOC] The Amityville High School of the Strange and the Supernatural

Reserve please.

Name: Elise Larange

Appearance: Elise is about average height, not short and not tall. She has long, wavy dark blue hair with streaks of aqua, which might be the only spontaneous thing about her dress. She wears shades of blues, browns, greens, others on the cool side of the spectrum. She hates orange and yellow, along with most other bright colors. She likes to wear light jackets, particularly black or white ones. She wears black slip-on shoes. She has black eyes that take a slight hint of blue when she uses her powers.

Personality: Elise is always off in her own world, isolating herself from others save from a few friends. When with her normal friends she is at least slightly connected, but sometimes she seems to be far away. She always seems to be trying, yet when you talk to her about something she only seems mildly connected. She's friendly, but with her disconnected looks and seemingly disjointed thoughts, her circle of companions is small. She's definately a thinker and therefore doesn't seem that interested in impossible things, even though her constant scribbles seem to depict something strange. Perhaps her seriousness is just a facade, and she really is interested in supernatural and odd things.

Actually, if you happen to know she has her powers and have some yourself, you'll see that she really is interested in such things. She's also a lot more outgoing, still reluctant to start a conversation but uproarious when she does, considering the impossible and playing with ideas. She actually loved all your jokes, and was just afraid to say so. She was also afraid to talk about the supernatural because she was slightly different herself, and didn't want to hint to that.

Perhaps she'll be your loud, hilarious best friend, or maybe she'll be the smart nerd in your class who does nothing but study and draw. It just depends.

Abilities: Elise draws a lot. Not that that actually means anything, except that her creations actually come to life. Now, how that happens is whenever she's finished with whatever she's drew, all she does is concentrate on it, for a long while, while staring at it. Eventually, she either goes inside the drawing, which makes her pass out in the real world while she's teleported inside the picture she drew, with the actual detail of the real world, as developed mostly by her imagination, or they come into the real world, with actual real world detail, again. Sometimes their powers and personality are like what she imagined while drawing, but if she tries to draw a magical squirrel that controls time and space, it probably will turn out to be a normal squirrel.

Sadly, that doesn't help her art talent, so she might try to draw a dragon and have it turn out a weird ugly lizard.

Other: She'll be played out of course. I don't know why I wrote two paragraphs about my characters personality when I'll toss it out the window when the RP starts.

Last edited:
Name: Lance Mossey
Appearance: Lance is not really tall but he isn't short either. About 5'10 and 160 pounds. He has broad shoulders and has a stalky build. His skin is pale and his hair is black. He has brown eyes and usually wears faded jeans a t-shirt and a black fleece jacket. He also has a scar on the sides each arm going from his fore arm at the elbow down to his finger tips and back up his forearm to the elbow.
Personality: He is generally a fun loving kid. He is a believer in the "work hard party harder" system. He hates being singled out. He prefers to just be there. He is outgoing and generally does his best to make people feel welcome but once someone gets on his bad side they stay there. Forgiveness is not one of his skills.
Abilites: Lance was born with bones that are incredibly tough bones. He could fall 100 feet and not break anything. His bones are coated with a black organic material tougher than steel. He has the ability to force the material into swordlike limbs on his arms. (Hence the Scars) He is also incredibly fast and agile when his weapons are out of his body. There is just one problem it makes him bleed and he cant' fight very long before he needs a doctor.
Other: The material is black like obsidian, except the edge. Also Him being fast and agile doesn't mean he can defy physics. No faster then the eye can see or anything.

Name: Blake Saith

Appearance: Blake usually wears a T-shirt and thin pants. His eyes are a deep blue, and his hair is white. He prefers to wear a black baseball cap over it, if possible.

Personality: Blake keeps to himself. He has few friends, and prefers to be by himself. He hates to work as a team, and will do things his own way. He is very smart, and likes to think things out. He's very serious and hates to joke.

Abilites: Blake is a cyrokinetic; he has the ability to create and control ice from the water in the air. Blake enjoys conjuring weapons out of ice, and is able to make some of his weapons very sharp and many layers thick. Because of his abilities, he is resistant to frostbite and hypothermia. However, he hates temperatures above 65 degrees Farenheit, and is very prone to heat exhausstion and dehydration. Fire is also about ten times deadlier to him.

Other: I'll take any advice you can give. this is the first time I've done an RP like this.

Last edited:
Bloodmania declined, I find that your powers are too disconnected and unrelated for them to work together.

Mai reserved

Nimler declined, your form lacks the enter key. A wall of that like text is most unpleasant to read.

Big Red Cherry Bomb reserved

Respect the Blade declined, see Nimler's reasons.

Okay, finished my form. I couldn't think of what to do, so I hope it didn't turn out terribly broken. I could change it.

Name: Lance Mossey

Appearance: Lance is not really tall but he isn't short either. About 5'10 and 160 pounds. He has broad shoulders and has a stalky build. His skin is pale and his hair is black. He has brown eyes and usually wears faded jeans a t-shirt and a black fleece jacket. He also has a scar on the sides each arm going from his fore arm at the elbow down to his finger tips and back up his forearm to the elbow.

Personality: He is generally a fun loving kid. He is a believer in the "work hard party harder" system. He hates being singled out. He prefers to just be there. He is outgoing and generally does his best to make people feel welcome but once someone gets on his bad side they stay there. Forgiveness is not one of his skills.

Abilites: Lance was born with bones that are incredibly tough bones. He could fall 100 feet and not break anything. His bones are coated with a black organic material tougher than steel. He has the ability to force the material into swordlike limbs on his arms. (Hence the Scars) He is also incredibly fast and agile when his weapons are out of his body. There is just one problem it makes him bleed and he cant' fight very long before he needs a doctor.

Other: The material is black like obsidian, except the edge. Also Him being fast and agile doesn't mean he can defy physics. No faster then the eye can see or anything.

Is that better?

Okay let's see here

Mercy accepted. Although I must ask, if one was to strike Anya with blunt force rather than sever limbs, would that damage her?

Mai accepted. I say your power is fairly balanced since your character has to draw before being able to do anything.

Bloodmania accepted

Zephyrous Castform reserved

Yes, that is better Nimler, accepted.

I hope you're still recruiting! x3

Name: Malin Augurello

Appearance: Though a teen of average height, Malin regardless commands a haughty presence, looking down on people over the bridge of his fine-boned nose even if they happen to be taller. His hair is a rich chestnut blonde, flecked with golden dust, and falls down to his shoulders, where it curls upwards slightly, meeting in a curly fringe over his forehead which is kept in place with a golden circlet. His eyes are a piercing green, like emeralds, and his otherwise delicate features are contrasted by a relatively muscular frame.

Customized gauntlets and armoured boots styled after authentic pieces worn British knights, made entirely out of gold, fit over the long-sleeved purple shirts and green cargo pants he commonly wears. A shirt of golden chain-mail also hangs underneath, barely visible sticking out through the gap between his upper and lower body. And when in battle, he is prone to donning a complete set of golden armor, created when needed through the use of his unique personal power. Earning him the moniker of “The Golden Prince” in places around the school campus, which aptly matches his personality and battle style in addition to his powers and appearance.

Personality: Despite originating from a very poor family, the discovery of his power has warped Malin’s formerly humble and considerate demeanour, causing him to develop into a snobbish egomaniac, obsessed with personal value and wealth. Drunk with his new powers, he is an elitist and a narcissist who pictures himself as a prodigy. This conviction reserved only for himself – he tends to look down on people with an arrogant and judgemental attitude. Perfectionist and inconsiderate, if people fail to meet his impossible standards, he will resolve to never consider them on equal terms. Even if their own powers might dwarf his in stature.

Convinced of his own superiority, Malin feels no loneliness, quite content with his own self-flattering thoughts for company. And as such feels no driving compulsion to pursue friendships, only alliances, if they are beneficial to him. He is however quite the hopeless romantic. And should anyone ever catch his eye, he is prone to expressing his heartfelt affections with relentless determination and no heed for subtlety. Likewise, love remains his greatest weakness even in relationships outside of his own, and his normally frozen heart of gold is known to melt at the sight of romance. Prompting him into such unusual acts as generosity, compassion, and even mercy when on the battlefield.

Abilities: A boy with the Midas touch, Malin can alchemize anything that comes into physical contact with his flesh, transmuting it into pure gold. Naturally, inanimate objects are much simpler to transform, and by comparison, he cannot transmute anything "alive" in the conventional sense of the word permanently, his petrifying touch wearing off after a short period of time, or even faster if exposed to running water, which has the power to literally wash away his influence over flesh and bone. In addition to creating gold however, he can also manipulate the element using his mind akin to a form of kinesis. Liquefying, solidifying, levitating, re-shaping, there is no limit over his control of gold, which also extends to alloys containing gold as well (although the greater the impurity of gold, the weaker his control over it). Needless to say, this power also gives him massive reserves of disposable income, although he is expressly forbidden from spending it in excess, at risk that he might damage the global economy.

Other: While the unmatched malleability and untarnishable qualities of gold are strong advantages, without the aid of an alloy, gold remains one of the weakest metals, and also one of the most electrically conductive. These can be both assets and disadvantages when in battle, as can it’s immunity and weakness to certain kinds of acids.

Last edited:
Blunt force trauma to her head would definitely do damage, even kill her. Blunt force to her body takes longer and more energy to heal than cuts, but not as much as re-growing a limb.

hmmm...kinda re-using an older character of mine. O: i wonder if you remember her?

Name: Marie Young
Appearance: Marie is a small, dainty female, with long black hair that falls in soft ringlets to her hips, a round, pale face, and delicate frame. Her eyes are, strangely, bright yellow. If one looks closely, one will note that her fingernails have thin blue lines at the cuticle, and the whites of her eyes are slightly yellowed. She is very sickly looking at first glance, but is in actuality a bit stronger than other females her age.

She typically dresses in the Gothic Lolita style, though she doesn't mind dressing in more typical teenager fashion, though she prefers dark colours.

Personality: Marie is fairly quiet and friendly enough, though if one is around her long enough, they tend to get uneasy. She speaks softly and calmly at all times, and is difficult to anger. (PO the rest, if you'd please)

Abilities: Marie is completely immune to all forms of illness, be it bacteria, viruses, et all. In fact, she can take these infections into her body and nurture them, creating virulent and deadly new strains of countless killer plagues. She is capable of unleashing them at will, though if her blood or other bodily fluid is spilled, it can pass many of the contained diseases through contact with the liquid. They can also be passed normally through the usual means of transmission.

She currently harbours the following: Smallpox, Spanish Flu (as well as a large number of other flu varieties), Malaria, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, Cholera, Typhus, Ebola, the Common Cold, Tetanus, Tuberculosis, and Whooping Cough.

As well, she exhibits some kind of mild control over most rodents, though rats are easiest for her to manipulate.

Other: :3c

Metalos, your character form is fine, but I don't think your power will work in a player vs player situation, think you could change it so that if you change a person into gold, they change back after a short while? That'd mean that others fighting your character they wouldn't be rendered harmless if they, for example. had their legs turned into gold.

Big Red Cherry Bomb accepted

That's better, now add a full name.

I'll start the RP later today, anyone not done before that will be late for class. (>:C)

Back
Top Bottom