• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Amityville High School of the Strange and the Supernatural

Reggie approached the Auditorium, and saw a black-haired teen with faded jeans, and a matching (with his hair, of course) black fleece on, who appeared to be either bored out of his mind, or lost.

"Hey!" Reggie called to him. "How are you, friend? My name is Reggie. Yours?"

Lance heard someone Introducing themselves, He turned in the direction of the voice to see a tall teen wearing clothes that were straight from 20's but they weren't bad.
"My name's Lance, and I'm fine thanks for asking" He tried to sound as polite as he could. He began to take off his jacket as he was getting a little hot in the building.
"So whats up?"

Annalise let out a heavy sigh. "I took... like... not even a one year course in self-defense?" she guessed, "when I was little that is. So.. I don't remember shit." Groaning, she stood. Going to the auditorium something she sure as hell didn't want to do. Especially now since she was freaking out. But... well... what else could they do? Maybe she could find someone to talk to that has a non-threatening power like her own?

"Y-Yeah.. lets go, I guess."

She got up, heading towards the auditorium.

Helios lay on the bottom bunk in his room, his eyes half closed and his hood drawn forward to shade his face. He waved his hand through the air, causing light to shimmer in a golden stream. He twitched his hand down and the light drifted to the floor, slowly forming into the shape of a human. He flicked his hand again and the figure hung like a puppet on strings. Arms raised and bent at the elbows, head lolled over to one side. Legs dangling loosely. The boy closed his eyes and recalled the day’s events.

He had sat through the entire speech earlier without incident, even when the abomination had appeared Lunas had kept quiet. He had left the hall and walked down to Room five, instinctively tracing the number with his forefinger, leaving a golden trail of light. The second bed had not surprised him at all. The school would, of course, attempt to save any money they could on the building. What he wondered about most was who he would be likely to be sharing a room with.

Helios swept his legs over the edge of the bed and stood, dissipating his marionette.

Come now, we need some fun. This place is too dull.

“Lunas, you know we can’t do that. What would we do if we got kicked out of here?”

We would survive. You know we can. Why should we be restricted by such useless rules and restrictions?

“You know exactly why.”

He felt Lunas grumble to himself and settle back into his observant state. Helios stepped lightly across the room and to the window. He prised it open and leaned his upper body out of the intricate frame. He took a deep breath and sighed out a steady gust of air, tinted with golden light.

“The light here is wonderful.”

Yes… yes it absolutely is.

He started as the shutters on the window touched his back, How long were you planning to stay like that?

"Dammit Lunas. You could've told me I'd drifted off."

I tried, you think I wanted to fall out of the window?

Helios sighed and stepped away from the window, leaving a faint trail of yellow light.

"Great, I know we'll get a nickname for this."

He felt Lunas nod and he closed and locked the shutters. He turned and pulled two leather cases from his suitcase. He unclipped the locks and examined the contents.

"Good. Just as we left them." He closed the two latches and strapped them to his forearms, pulling his sleeves down to cover them. He checked that he had left everything in a good state and stepped into the hallway.

"I think this will be a very interesting year."

He turned and began to walk down the hallway, almost bumping into a girl with teal hair.

"Pardon me,"

Helios dodged around her, continuing at a brisk pace towards the auditorium doors.

Lance introduced himself, then took off hi jacket.

"Nothing, really," I began, "I was just coming back from my new dorm room for our first assignment. I have dragon powers. What are yours?"

((Argh sorry for not posting for a while guys I've been kinda busy with music homework and stuff.))

"Ted," Blair said, "I think it's safe to say you've made a lasting impression on the students."

Ted turned to her, a sheepish smile on his face.

"That was my intention. I like it when people respect me."

Blair smiled back at him.

"That's so like you, Ted."

She then turned to Charlie Crimson, who was looking through the class list.

"Mr. Crimson, we received replies to three of the letters you wrote."

"What do they say?" he answered quickly, not lifting his eyes from the papers as he stroke his grey beard.

"One is from Rosa Atrox, who accepted your invite to work here as a teacher." Blair started, "The second is from Jasper Nilsson, who also accepted the invite. The last one is from Aurelio Voltaire Hernández, whom declined your invite, reasoning that he likes his current job at the New York School of Visual Arts, and that he is unsure if he would have enough time considering his musical career."

"Hmm..." Charlie said, "Voltaire declined. Not that I expected him to accept in the first place, but it is still a bit of a disappointment. Either way we still got Rosa Atrox and Jasper Nilsson, two fantastic teachers. I bet the others at Stockholm, Kyoto and Rio de Janeiro will be seething with envy when they hear about that one."

Charlie chuckled a bit to himself at the thought of "the others" boiling over at the news of him employing two sought-after teachers.

"Not wanting to interrupt yer moment of happiness here," Theodore said, "but think ye could prepare the room for the upcoming lesson?"

"Ah yes, but of course." Charlie answered, and snapped with his fingers.

The second he did, the room started changing. The rows of chairs sunk into the ground, while the ground itself slowly levelled until it was totally flat. The scene that they stood on sunk as well, and several boxing ring-like stages rose from the ground.

"Blair, please let the students know it's time to return to class."

Neku quickly nodded, but he was still concerned for his new roommate. He really didn't know what to say to cheer her up, or how to help her in the up coming fight. If she was alright after this, he may have to teach some moves.

Still, he did have his own worries. What if that Eris was his opponent?

The thought sent a shiver down his spine. There was also the fact that nobody else was feline like him. He was hoping there was someone else. A teacher to give him new techniques would have been nice too...

He quickly shook off these thoughts. He already had one friend, and that was already a step up from before.

Neku shot back up and rushed out the door and down the hallway, where he stood in front of the Auditorium. This time, he made sure the headband was holding back his hair. One of the cats most useful features is its eyes after all.

"Attention students."

Blair's voice rang through the building, despite there being no speakers anywhere visible.

"Please return to the auditorium for your first lesson."

((Bah, short post, but come on people, I want you to do SOMETHING))

((I was waiting for Mawile but OH WELL. Lame post, I'm sick, blah.))

Talking with the apparently mute boy was certainly interesting - and she wondered if he could scream if she gave him nightmares - but the sudden sound of authority called her back to the sad fact that she needed to go and do something more productive than find weak spots right now. "Well, I suppose I'll see you at the auditorium," she remarked breezily, and walked out of the room. Ted would probably still be there, but this being a lesson, there would be no chance to watch him. Oh well - there were a few others she could study, especially if she had to interact or fight with them.

Her power spilled out again as she spotted Neku, grinning openly at him, the expression outright malicious. No sign of Nick from before, but he would hopefully catch up soon - and maybe she could see how well that Shade of his fought. There were so many people to watch, to taste and pin in the night - she couldn't wait until everyone else was at her mercy. Besides, she would doubtless be exhausted at the end of the lesson, and eating dreams was the best way of recovering her energy.

Neku was about to enter the auditorium when he felt a familiar feeling inside of him.

Oh no, She's back.. This time, the feeling of terror was much more relevant, probably 'cause he was expecting it. He tried not to show his fear, which was a very difficult task. He almost wished to go Frenzy that very moment...Almost. It would just have to wait for the battling to start.

As quickly as possible, he dashed through the doors of the auditorium and looked around in awe. This was not the the same room as before.

"Wow.." He said in awe, the feeling of fear completely off his mind. All that occupied it was the feeling of bewilderment that this new site gave him.

"Is this one of your powers?" He asked the teachers. He didn't care if they answered, but he was officially pumped to beat the crap out of someone.

Glee welling up in her chest at Skylar's reply, Anya nodded and turned to open the door. The cool metal of the doorknob on her hand was a surprise at first, until she used a few flames to warm it up, nothing too harsh to melt it. There was a nagging feeling in the back of her mind among the feelings of usual cheerfulness on her way to the auditorium. She really wasn't the type of person to fight anyone, let alone have negative feelings about someone, save for some rare occasions. Finally she concluded that if someone were to attack her, instinct would take over and she wouldn't have to worry about how she felt. But she had never been in a situation like that before, so she guessed she would just have to wait and see. Either way, she desperately wanted to be the victor.

Before walking into the auditorium, she heard a voice call for everyone to meet for their lesson. Inside, she saw how drastically changed it was, the seats swapped out for a few stages where they would presumably fight. Anya swallowed hard, anxious for the lesson to begin. "Oh I really hope everything goes well for me," she muttered.

((failpost~))

((Sorry! I was sick and had school.))

As Eris left, Alex nodded to her comment. She was a rather... spooky one, to say the least.

He climbed down the bed, returning the shadows to their rightful place. He walked into the auditorium and let out a mostly silent gasp.

It was so different! Was this really the same room he was in before? It had to be.

Gazing around, he waited for the lesson to begin.

((WHOA just realized ShadScy had already posted, I was waiting for him to post XD and yes, rushed failpost. Also, everyone keeps commenting on the -987 cookies in my sig....I ate them >_>))

Zeph stood up.

"Yeah, we probably should."

Right as he said that, one of the teachers' voice rang out from nowhere.

"Attention students. Please return to the auditorium for your first lesson."

Zeph laughed slightly.

"What amazing timing. Let's go." Zeph thought back a few seconds ago. His roommate had commented, asking if that was his power, but he wondered if Armin really understood what his power was. After all, people who manipulate wood or something could've done the same thing as him. In fact...it seems like most people can do the same thing, just to different extents and degrees of mastery. He mulled over that for a moment as he walked out the door. It was up to Armin if he wanted to come with him to the auditorium or not.

Skylar followed Anya out of the room, closing the door behind him. As he followed Anya at a small distance, he almost immediately put his hood on. For some reason, he felt a sense of security when his hair and face were concealed. As the auditorium neared, Skylar could see others beginning to enter. Nervousness raged inside of him, and Skylar actually stopped dead in his tracks in thought. Just how powerful were these other students? How underpowered would he be against them? Would the teachers intervene if things got out of hand?

His train of thought was interrupted when a loud voice called out. Apparently, it was time for their first lesson. Skylar stayed outside the auditorium for a moment, hovering in consideration, before entering and seeing the extreme changes. Many of the same structures had been seemingly erected from the ground below, replacing the seats. The structures looked like...fighting rings? Skylar's nervousness heightened. Oh god... was his only thought at the moment. He walked over and inspected the nearest ring carefully, imagining a fight going on inside of it.
Soon enough, I won't have to imagine... Skylar thought to himself, sighing. Hopefully, no one would be injured too bad.

Elise nodded, but continued working on her drawing. She might have been cheating, but whatever. Drawing a pencil on her shield for a crest, she smiled. That might givve them quite the idea of her powers. It might also confuse them. She colored in her shield and started with a sword. It didn't take that long, actually. It was a little simple. No smybol this time. "Go ahead," she murmured, motioning with her hand. "I'm almost finished."

A voice rang through the halls, telling them to go back to the auditorium. She would have to hurry. She was close to being finished.

And she was almost done. She quickly filled in her sword with a dull grey. No point in showing off. She debated drawing a gun, as well. I'm not exactly a marksmen, she considered. Plus, I don't think they'd like me sending the students to the hospital...

She drew a quick sketch anyway, just for emergencies. She then put her pencil in her pocket, along with a few blank sheets of paper. She put her current drawing in there as well, along with some markers.

She hurried out the door and headed into the auditorium. There was quite a crowd gathered there, but she did not know what to do, so she just walked in and waited.

Lance was just about to respond when the voice told him to enter.
"No time." He blurted walking into the auditorium. The various rings were layed out where chairs are supposed to be.
"Pretty badass, auditorium!" He couldn't help but smile as he said this. He looked down at his bare arms. The scars seemed to stare at him. He hoped he could just punch. He didn't want to slice anyboy up.

"Alright, see 'ya there." Nick went ahead of Elise, and, passing back through the halls to the Auditorium, listened to the voice over the... Invisible intercom. Well, ain't that a perky little budget cut. As he entered the auditorium, he wondered if he was in the right room. The seats were gone, the ground leveled, and there were fighting rings.

He must have been in the right place, if everyone else was here. "Hm. This is officially my favorite school ever." I just hope I don't end up against any super... death powers of... Doom.

A voice rang out straight after Zeph spoke, telling the students to return to the auditorium. Zeph upped and left, but Armin stayed seated for a while.

He wondered if anybody would find out about his powers. Would anyone even ask? Would they care?

He waited for Zeph to have been gone a while before leaving too.

"No time" Lance replied as a voice told them to return to the auditorium. Reggie slowly followed Lance into the building, and was in awe once again. how did they do this? he thought, looking around. Wait. This is Amityville high School. anything is possible! Reggie glanced at Lance again, who was looking at his arms and their scars thoughtfully.I wonder what he's thinking...

This place holds promise. How many do you think we could kill before we began to grow tired?

Helios gave a low chuckle, "You truly are dark, aren't you Lunas?"

Reallly? I didn't notice.

Helios shook his head and stepped into the room. "Just remember, If I go down, you take control."

Just like we usually do. Got it. Now if only the moon was up, then we could do some real damage.

"I know, but We'll have to do with sunlight. I'm sure we can burn them into submission before too long."

Helios paced along the back wall of the room, the seats had dissapeared and several fighting arenas had risen from the floor. Helios waved his hand above his head and began to gather sunlight in the upper reaches of the room, if he was lucky he wouldn't have to use those reserves before the energy he had gained earlier wore out.

I'm nearly frightened of what we might face. I can tell that a few of those here are sure of their powers. Given the example of the fighting teacher I'm sure they have a good reason to be.

Helios had noticed it too, the few that weren't sure of their powers were either truly fightened of facing someone stronger than them or they were faking it. He knew that there were bound to be those that were stronger than he, or more likely a power that he would find himself unable to defend against.
He flicked his hood back from his face and ran his fingers through his hair. 'Oh yes. There's bound to be one of those.'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom