• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Amityville High School of the Strange and the Supernatural

"I think most of them are here now," William said, nudging Theodore's shoulder. "You ought to start the lesson for real now."

"Yeah, true dat." Theodore replied absently.

"Alright guys, hold yer horses the lesson will start now! You will be divided into groups of two, and when you've been told who you'll work with you find that person and make your way to one of the arenas. No fighting until I say so."

He looked on the paper he had in his hand.

"Unless there are any complains I will now call out your groups."

"Concannon Annalise versus Young Marie,
Bradley Reginald versus Faith Armin,
Felixtro Neku versus Umbraise Alex,
Saith Blake versus Butler Anya,
Thanos Eris versus Hunt Skylar,
Augurello Malin versus Lerange Elise,
Lunas Helios versus Sloan Nicholas
and Terrance Zephyr versus Mossey Lance."

Zephyr, who had gotten slightly lost in the maze of hallways that was the school, finally found the auditorium and slipped inside just as he heard a teacher calling out names.

"...Terrance Zephyr versus Mossey Lance"

He gulped and looked around. The appearance of the auditorium was completely different, taking on more of an appearance of an arena instead. He walked further in and waited, wondering who Mossey Lance was.

The sound of a voice echoing through the school interrupted Malin's display of chivalry, calling for his immediate presence in the auditorium so that he might commence his first lesson. Infuriated by the interruption, Malin sighed and withdrew his hand. Turning his back on Marie, albeit reluctantly, opening the door and glancing back at her a final time, shrugging with a hint of disappointment.

"Such a pity our conversation must meet with a premature conclusion. I was rather enjoying it."

Stepping out into the hallway, Malin reached up and pushed down his golden visor so that his face was no longer showing, his eyes peering out through tiny metal slits that accented his emerald gaze, which remained locked upon Marie until the last moment before he turned and strode down the hallway.

I will be very disappointed if you lose your battle. Try not to allow yourself to come to harm.

He thought privately, unwilling to say such bold words to her face so early in their acquaintance. Marching down the hallway at a solid pace, anticipation for the coming battle pumping through his veins in an adrenal sensation, he reached the doorway and without hesitation threw open the double doors, marching into the now transformed auditorium just in time to catch his name being read out and descending down the steps in all of his golden glory.

Elise Lerange!

Behind his golden mask, a malicious grin began to spread across the boy's face, the name of his opponent now clear in his mind. His gaze wandering briefly over to Theodore, the unscrupulous tramp masquerading as the overseer of the combat that was about to take place, Malin flexed his fingers, eager to prove himself in front of the man who had turned down his challenge so callously. Making his way over to one of the square arenas, he climbed over the edge and made his way into the center, standing at his full height and casting his gaze over the mob below him.

"Which one of you is Elise Lerange?"

Lance heard his name called last.
"Terrance Zephyr versus Mossey Lance"
He slightly dreaded it, The familiar tension before a fight settled in. Knots formed in the pit of his stomach. He supressed the feeling knowing that if he got after his opponent things would go much better then playing avoid and evade. He stepped onto a nearby arena and called out in as friendly of a voice as he could make it,
"Terrance Zephyr, over here!"

The as the man announced who would be fighting, Elise gulped in fear as her name approached. She knew no one, but still. What horrible powers would her foe have?

The announcer read out his name before hers: Malin Aururello. She did not know the name, but what if he had powers that surpassed hers? It would be likely. The only thing wrong with hers was that it would be slow. Someone could impale her before she could draft a first sketch! She made quickly drew something else to aid her; a brick wall. Perhaps that would secure her long enough to avoid the impaling, if only she could survive creating it.

Tracing over her protection with marker, Elise looked up to see a most frightful sight, consisting of a man in armor. That was her opponent?! She would die! If he came in armed, so would she. After filling in the wall, she turned away from the crowd, trying to hide herself as she gave herself a fighting chance. She concentrated on her pencil shield, creating it after a horrible minute of fear and anxiety about her upcoming battle.

After it appeared in her hands, the creator smiled. Perhaps she had a chance? The newly optimistic girl looked up, finally recognizing the face of her enemy, obscured by his armor as it was. He was the boy who challenged the instructor! Her confidence shattered, the scared artist trembled as she called out, "I am. Elise is my name."

She walked up to the arena slowly, dreading the fight. Once she got to her spot, she raised up her shield defensively, hoping that the pencil featured on it would not give away her power. Afraid it would be confiscated, she asked, "This is okay, right? I mean, he started out with armor."

Last edited:
Neku's ear twitched as his name was called. I wonder what Alex can do? He thought to himself, but then worried about Annalise. Hopefully she could find some way to beat her opponent.

"Cool! So who here's Alex?" He called out across the room. He was ready for this fight, and he wasn't gonna let Eris get the better of him. He was already excited, as you you could already see him bouncing on his feet, getting into a rhythm.

Neku's ear twitched as his name was called. I wonder what Alex can do? He thought to himself, but then worried about Annalise. Hopefully she could find some way to beat her opponent.

"Cool! So who here's Alex?" He called out across the room. He was ready for this fight, and he wasn't gonna let Eris get the better of him. He was already excited, as you you could already see him bouncing on his feet, getting into a rhythm.

"Saith Blake versus Butler Anya"

Anya was not familiar with this name, but was eager to find her opponent. Of course she was still concerned about battling, but she was rather hoping it would be a quick match so she could get it done and over with. The mental image of hurting someone didn't appeal to her in the slightest. Not knowing which of the boys was Blake, she took her place on one of the arenas closest to the entrance. Turning her head back over towards everyone else, she asked, in a happy voice, "Who is Blake?"

She had decided that still being cheerful would mask her hesitation to others.

Skylar was still examining the fighting ring once Ted began talking. His mind was focused on preparing for the battle ahead. He created a small ball of electricity and fumbled around with it for a bit while he drowned out the first few names. As he heard his name after his opponent, he raised his head.

"Thanos Eris versus Hunt Skylar."

Skylar took a deep breath, then stepped into the empty ring that he had been examining earlier. Whoever this Eris person was, Skylar would be prepared. At least, he hoped so. Sending a small jolt of electricity through his body to prepare himself, he turned towards the crowd and cleared his throat.

"Who's Eris?"

Eris listened to the pairs being sounded with a little sigh of disappointment as she didn't get any of the ones she had been hoping for. None of the ones that had tasted of darkness and nightmares twisting under the skin, an abyss yawning in their eyes -

Oh well, an opponent was an opponent, and she was sure to find some more interesting people, even if they weren't the ones she would favour in the night. She smiled, a beatific expression clashing with the wave of fear that spread out from her, ripples of unease following in its wake as she sought out the one who was paired up with her. It wasn't hard - he was in the ring, asking for her, and she stepped forward gladly, greeting him with an all too friendly smile that clashed with what he would doubtless be feeling at this proximity. His skin would be crawling, at the very least, but she was toying - having someone be petrified with terror was hardly fun to start with. She couldn't watch them squirm if they were too frightened to speak or plead or move.

"That's me! You're Skylar, then, right? This is going to be fun," she said cheerfully, the smile gradually morphing into something outright gleeful.

"Felixtro Neku versus Umbraise Alex," the teacher called out. Neku? He'd never heard that name before...

...but then again, he didn't know anybody in this school.

"Cool! So who here's Alex?"
a boy with cat ears called out. Felix was a cat name...this boy had cat ears-- it had to be him.

Alex strolled over to the cat-boy and dropped his notebook and pencil on the ground. The shadows covered them and they disappeared.

He stared at Neku with his blood-red eyes, waiting for Neku to notice him.

"Terrance Zephyr, over here!"

Someone called out to him and Zeph walked over, stepping around the other students until he arrived at where the call came from. He sent out a wave of space to examine the area - it was like an arena of sorts. He stepped into the arena and said "Please, it's just Zeph. You're Lance, I guess?" Zeph was kind of nervous...he wasn't used to fighting with his powers. He wondered vaguely what powers Lance had.

Neku continued looking around awhile, until he felt someone's stare boreing into the back of his neck. When he turned around, he saw Alex staring at him with red eyes. This didn't really bother Neku, so he smiled.

"I guess you're Alex then." He said with a smirk, his tail was tensing as if to fight and Neku was getting very excited about what was coming. He was actually still deciding what form to go with. Frenzy... Or Tiger. Either one would get the job done, but he needed to figure out what this guy could do.

"Now all we do is wait, I guess."

Skylar laid eyes on Eris, and as he did so, an incomprehensible wave of fear and uncertainty hit him dead-on. There was something wrong with this girl. Skylar quickly averted his eyes, but the fear and terror was still there. Petrified, he was barely able to hear what she said over all the temptation of running.

"You're Skylar then, right? This is going to be fun."

That statement enough convinced him that this battle would be one that he could have never expected. Quickly, he jolted himself again, urging his body to move. He shook his head rapidly, trying to clear his thoughts. In a way, Skylar tried to shake off the fear, but it was still there, lingering, as he spoke.

"...Y-yeah. I'm Skylar," He stuttered out. Clearing his throat nervously, he looked at the teachers, waiting for a signal to begin the fighting.

"Lunas Helios versus Sloan Nicholas," Nick's shoulder's drooped a little at the use of his full name.

So... Helios Lunas, if he's switching the first and last names... But who the hell is that? Nick rubbed his eye beneath his glasses, then began glancing around. "Uh... Helios?"

"Lunas Helios versus Sloan Nicholas," Helios gazed about the room, looking for someone who responded to the name. Finding no one he hung his head.

If they told us who we were fighting more than a name it would help.

Helios had to agree.

"Uh... Helios?"

He looked up at the mention of his name.

"Yes, that's me. So you're Nicholas?" He looked his soon to be opponent up and down. "Interesting..." He let out a slow gust of light-tinted air,

"I suppose we should get this over and done with. Before Lunas decides he wants to fight too." He shrugged and walked calmly over to the nearest empty arena, pulling himself over the edge. He stood in the corner and inhaled as much air as his lungs could hold then slowly exhaling it. He gathered the light he exhaled into the palm of his hand, threading it out into a beam.

"Come on then, You don't want to keep us waiting, do you?"

Armin wondered into the auditorium, just in time to hear his name. Who was this Bradley guy?

"Bradley..." he muttered, picking out students. Not one of them looked like a Bradley.

"Bradley!" he yelled, louder.

"Yes, that's me. So you're Nicholas?" Nick glanced over, then did a double-take at the speaker. He was practically half of one thing, half of another. His shoulders slumped a bit at the use of his full first name.

"Honestly, I'd prefer an insult like 'Four-Eyes' to my full name. Nick is fine." He couldn't be sure, but Nick swore that Helios exhaled light for a moment. He mentioned something about Lunas. Wonderful. Im fighting a guy who thinks someone with his last name is going to help him in the fight. But judging from the sound of his voice, he doesn't feel that he needs help. Wait. I'm over thinking this.

"Alright, then, I guess I haven't got a choice." Nick got up onto the arena with Helios, and examined the beam of light forming in his hand. Heh. Light versus a Shade! I like it... Can't say it'll be all that intense. Maybe I'll get lucky and walk away with my body still intact. Maybe the Shade will at least tire him out. Nick felt doubt in his powers, and he wondered, to what extent could his new opponent control the light? As he pondered, and waited for Ted to say to start, the area around his hand darkened. Black fire licked at Nick's arms, but never actually gave off heat. He felt the Shade stir within him, and wait to be called out on the sound of the start.

"Yep thats me."
He turned towards the guy that was annoucing things and waited for instruction. In the back of his mind he wondered if anyone would stop a fight if it went to far.

"Concannon Annalise versus Young Marie,
Bradley Reginald versus Faith Armin,
Felixtro Neku versus Umbraise Alex,
Saith Blake versus Butler Anya,
Thanos Eris versus Hunt Skylar,
Augurello Malin versus Lerange Elise,
Lunas Helios versus Sloan Nicholas
and Terrance Zephyr versus Mossey Lance."

Armin Faith? Who in the name of some random entity is that? Oh well, this should be fun. Reggy looked around at the other students, in some hopes of identifying his opponent.

Back
Top Bottom