• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

If you had been born the opposite sex, what would you have been named?

Re: If you had been born the opposite gender, what would you have been named?

Probably Eve. Or perhaps something general, Like Sarah.

I would've been Rebecca. It's a nice name, I might use it if I ever have a daughter.

I would have been John Nathan Alexander [Last Name], but I would go by one of my middle names. So Nathan or Alex/Alexander. Then my parents found out I was a girl and stuck with the Alex for my first name, even though I've always gone by my middle name. But I like the names Nathan and Alexander. :]

Killian.

Is that even a name my god my father was bad at this stuff.

Connie, I believe, since that's what my younger sister was originally going to be. And if I had been a girl, as happened with my sister, my grandmother would have disliked the name Connie, my aunt would have objected to the second choice, Molly, due to it being what she wanted to (and eventually did) call her daughter, and then I would have been Briony, which is what my sister is.

Yeaaah.

Either Callum or Connor. My parents were determined to give me the same initials as my dad, no matter what my gender was.

...Respectively, those are what I AM called and what I was going to be called. Stop namestalking me in the past :C

Not exactly the opposite gender, but funny story. I would have been scott if the kid born a week before me by a couple down the street hadn't been named scott.

If I recall correctly, my parents were considering either Joshua, which is not so bad, or... *shudder* Edward.

It's a 'Courage the Cowardly Dog' reference.

I would have been Stephen.
My little brother is called Stephen. MY PARENTS ARE REALLY STUBBORN.

I find it very hard to imagine Stephen!me. I would probably not be half as awesome.

Jordan.

I just asked, and my mom thinks I was going to be Andrew if I popped out male.

I say "thinks" because my mom has a bad memory.

I would have been Gunnlaugur, after my great-grandfather.

Which is a pretty terrible name, in my opinion, so I'm glad I turned out female.

My parents were going to name me Zerega.

I win.

FEMALE NAMES PICKED OUT: Delbrita Marie or Jadie Delberta or Aimee

MALE: Jamie, James, Fredrick, or... gaaah Stefan ((pronounced like the 'fawn' deer.))

Stefan is a wonderful name.

Mom told me once they woulda named me Salvatore. Salvatore, motherfuckers. NEEDLESS TO SAY I WAS PISSED THEY DID NOT NAME ME AS SUCH REGARDLESS.

Then again, Mom also told me repeatedly as a kid that the only reason they called me Sarah was cause it was impolite to call me Satan in public.

I don't know, but I'd be changing it to Lynn right about now anyway so it wouldn't matter.
Whoah. Whoah.

I already wanted to change over two years ago? Time is fast.

(EDIT: I legally changed my name to Lynn about four months ago, for the unaware.)

Well, I'm not so sure about me, but the male name considered for my other sisters was Kody, so I'm assuming it would've been my name if I was a boy. Also, my parents were going to call me Allison, but changed it last-minute to Korinna :3

ooh. i remember this topic.

I actually recently asked this question to my parents and I got two different responses.

My mother said either Selene or Amy.
My father said either Ashley or Elise.

I could deal with Ashley or Selene but Amy/Elise sound really weird. o-o
Also apparently they were going to name me Richard but decided on Brandon instead. :D

Back
Top Bottom