• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The "Fwee" thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The "Fwee" Thread, Mk II

I am composing a song (a waltz, to be exact. or at least, an attempt at what sounds like a waltz) for a project me and my band friends are working on. So far it actually sounds really good which is rare for me because I don't know a whole lot about music theory. But. I am proud of myself :3
That's really very awesome, IMO. Composing music can be very challenging, so I wish you luck.

!!!

This guy I barely knew had drawn my name for our Secret Santa exchange in IB Art before the break, but we missed the next week after that because of snow, so he gave me my present on our first day back...

...My own betta fish! So I can still have a friend on my desk even when I'm not babysitting the class pet on breaks. :3 I'm floating his bag in the new water right now, I'll post pictures once he's fully acclimated.

Does this mean Barnaby has a friend now? :D Or wait... do bettas even like other fish? Anyway, what's its name~?

And the fwee for me, well, I was going to wait until Saturday night to post, but I'm leaving Sunday morning~ I'm nervous when flying (because I really hate turbulence) and moreso because I'm going to be alone. But the good definitely outweighs the bad. Especially because I'll have internet during my 2 hour layover in California. :]

Laptop, I gots one. :D And for the first time in over a year, we're actually caught up on our bills. YEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!

Just got a 23 on a practice ACT. It's not the 26 I was shooting for, but I still have a month to prep so it's not too bad I guess.

I talked to him today~

Well, to be precise he called me twice yesterday and then again today. Actually, we're almost constantly talking XD

Also amusingness happened after he said goodbye:

Him: I heard your sister going "Oooooooooooo" in the background when I hung up
Me: That's my sister for you. She says she's sorry and that she was just being immature.
Him: No, no, it was funny.

Does this mean Barnaby has a friend now? :D Or wait... do bettas even like other fish? Anyway, what's its name~?

Male bettas, if placed in the same tank, will instantly initiate a brutal fight to the death. So they'd be in separate tanks.

Also, I get THREE extended free blocks over exam week next week, which means that if you combine that with lunch and the short breaks I have more than eight hours of free time at school over four days. Probably not going to spend much of that studying since the History final is the first exam block and that's what really needs to be studied for.

Probably going to be lots of Left 4 Dead 2. And Team Fortress 2. And Minecraft. And sleep.

And fun relief. In the middle of exams (as in the week, not like during a test).

Fuck yes.

woah didn't see this. Yeah male bettas don't see eye to eye, but I don't think they'd mind seeing eachother through two walls of glass whenever I have to take care of both of them at the same time. (I had to give Barnaby back since the break is over and everything) My secret Santa named him Herman Melville and here's a picture for folks who don't follow my tumblr.

So school is closed today, for some reason. It started to snow outside last night but nothing stuck outside our house. And I thought they were making the school over in the mountains not count for ours whenever it snowed over there, because we were missing so many days at our school for no reason, but I guess that didn't work out?
But also I'm kind of ticked because I woke up at six, had to wash my differently because the bathtub didn't drain from yesterday morning, only to walk into the living room and see on the news that we're out today and it wasn't even worth the effort. And I was all psyched up for the new semester officially beginning now that the exams are made up. :I But I guess it's still more positive than negative because I can go back to sleep now and play minecraft later.

Those moles I got removed didn't have anything suspicious going on!!!
I'm so relieved, I was afraid they'd started getting cancerous or something because they were a bit irritated-looking and weird and and and but they were all good :O

pheeeewwwwwwwwwww

one week one week one week~

and I think my best friend's coming too, even if her boyfriend's unavailable ^.^

I just randomly slapped two Atmos tracks into a new file to start a song, and was suddenly hit with a huge wave of inspiration. This was two hours ago. As I type this, the song is being mixed down into an MP3.

Current status of the song: it's only a demo, but I've got fifteen tracks, sixteen instruments, two Atmos, and a shitload of echo and reverb effects. It clocks in at 8:06, and has approximately 233 bars, making it already lengthy, and the best part? It's not even finished. That 8:06 is only the intro and part of the first "verse". I've still got a bridge, chorus, bridge, breakdown, two choruses, and an outro to go.

Okay, so maybe I'm being overly geeky about this, but it makes me happeh! :D

EDIT: And I almost completely forgot; I get to see some awesome people tomorrow night at a formal dinner.

EDITEDIT: Okay, a glitch occurred during the mixdown, so I had to cut out about a fourth of the intro. Still, 7:35 ain't bad for what I've got.

Last edited:

IT'S SNOWING.

WHICH IS WEIRD BECAUSE THE SNOW WAS SUPPOSED TO DELAY THINGS YESTERDAY.

woah didn't see this. Yeah male bettas don't see eye to eye, but I don't think they'd mind seeing eachother through two walls of glass whenever I have to take care of both of them at the same time. (I had to give Barnaby back since the break is over and everything) My secret Santa named him Herman Melville

Yeah, that's what I thought. Oh well, both fish have awesome names. And he's really pretty too~

Well, I'm pretty much in the air right now somewhere over northern Texas I'd imagine. Wi-Fi on planes is the best thing ever :D Or maybe I am just easily amused, but it beats being bored for 4 hours~

Okay. So. There's a guy I've started chatting with recently, and we both really enjoy talking to each other. We've talked to each other literally every day over the internet. xD Yeah, and. Last night. He sort of told me he liked me.

SQUEEE

Yeah. My head is very confusing and it's hard for me to tell when I like someone but for a week or two I'm been leaning towards liking him back, and told him as much. So. I have no idea what's going to happen and am a little worried about that, but I'm just in this really awesome mood right now. :D

I got first in my event at yesterday's speech meet. And met a girl :) Sadly I didn't get her number or facebook, but hopefully she'll be at next week's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom