• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Johto Pokémafia (INNOCENTS WIN)

Re: Johto Pokémafia (DAY FIVE)

Usually I wouldn't care, but now every time someone votes for themself it reminds me of that goddamn Vixie mindfuck from TV Tropes Mafia. I'd rather not go through with that again.

Re: Johto Pokémafia (DAY FIVE)

I'll end the day a bit early (again) because I am impatient (again) and it doesn't seem like anybody is going to change their minds (again). :P

The villagers immediately accuse Polymetric Sesquialtera the Poliwrath. She is killed long before sunset.

---

Polymetric Sesquialtera is dead. She was Mafia.

Twenty-four hours for night actions.

Re: Johto Pokémafia (NIGHT SIX)

I haven't made a mistake in not ending the game, no! :D

Re: Johto Pokémafia (NIGHT SIX)

Only three townspeople awaken the next morning. They don't have to look far to find the bodies of Sneasel and Girafarig. Sneasel appears to have been killed by an Electric-type attack, while Girafarig's fur is wet and covered with scratches.

---

Karkat Vantas (Sneasel) is dead. He was not Mafia.
Silver (Girafarig) is dead. She was not Mafia.

Fourty-eight hours for discussion, or until everyone has voted.

Re: Johto Pokémafia (DAY SIX)

Uh-oh. This is pretty bad. We have to hit the last Mafia today, or else we'll all be dead by morning.

I'm actually not too suspicious of Rai-CH since she was corroborated by her other Fishing Brother, who did indeed flip innocent upon dead. On top of that, Mawile claimed roleblocker which is fairly easy to fake (in comparison to something like inspector). I'm something like 85% confident that Mawile is our last scum.

Aww I thought that we'd finished this game and killed the last mafia D:
I'm pretty sure that Mawile is Mafia too. Originally I had suspicions for Silver but they're kinda dead (and innocent). I don't think that Jack's Mafia, and I certainly aren't.

So let's lynch Mawile and hope that we've finally gotten our last one! :D

Last edited:

Mawile the Alakazam offers up no resistance as the remaining two townspeople turn on her. Just before she is killed, she transforms back into her original form, a Ditto!

(I am great at flavour text)

Mawile (Ditto) is dead. She was Mafia.

Innocents win!
Congratulations Rai-CH and Jack_the_PumpkinKing, the surviving innocents!

Postgame coming in a bit!

Re: Johto Pokémafia (INNOCENTS WIN)

I didn't really use the whole type thing that much in this game, because I wanted to see how much it would change things, first. Maybe I'll make a sequel sometime!

I'm sorry for the excessive length of this post! I did try to shorten this log as much as possible! (The original one was a lot more detailed and kept track of all the votes and everything.) I also removed the weaknesses and resistances because they made everything look very ugly, but if anyone is very curious I can tell you the details for each role. :P

The Roles
MAFIA
Blaziking the Adept: Houndoom with Flamethrower (Fire) and another attack that was never used, so I will save it for another game!
Polymetric Sesquialtera: Poliwrath with Hydro Pump (Water) and DynamicPunch (Fighting).
Mai: Alakazam with Psychic (Psychic) and Charge Beam (Electric).

INNOCENTS
OrngSumb: Inspector; Noctowl (Foresight)
Seritinajii: Healer; Blissey (Softboiled)
werefish5: Healer; Clefable (Wish)
Karkat Vantas: Vigilante; Sneasel (Slash: random type each night)
Superbird: Bus Driver; Exeggutor (Confusion)
Dave Strider: Bodyguard; Wobbuffet (Counter)
Littlestream: Oracle; Xatu (Future Sight)
Silver: Doublevoter; Girafarig (Assurance)
Flower Doll: Magnet; Furret (Follow Me)
Wargle: Fishing Brother; Nidoking (Megahorn)
Rai-CH: Fishing Brother; Nidoqueen (Body Slam)

OTHERS
Mawile: Channeler; Ditto (Transform)
Midnight: Arcanine (Odor Sleuth, Heat Wave: Fire)
Minnow: Serial Killer; Gengar (Nightmare, Substitute)
Jack_the_PumpkinKing: Variable; Eevee

Game Log
NIGHT ONE
Rai-CH (Nidoqueen) targets Midnight (Arcanine)
Jack_the_PumpkinKing (Eevee) evolves into Umbreon and chooses innocent
Superbird (Exeggutor) switches Minnow (Gengar) and Midnight (Arcanine)
Flower Doll (Furret) targets Mai (Alakazam)
Karkat Vantas (Sneasel) kills Midnight (Arcanine), carefully arranging the innards in the shape of a trollface (except this failed)
Wargle (Nidoking) targets Karkat Vantas (Sneasel)
Seritinajii (Blissey) heals Mai and chooses resistance to ELECTRIC
Minnow (Gengar) kills Superbird
OrngSumb (Noctowl) inspects Superbird (Exeggutor). NOT MAFIA
Mai (Alakazam) attacks Jack_the_PumpkinKing (Umbreon) with Psychic (PSYCHIC)

No deaths.
Minnow (Gengar)'s Substitute is destroyed.

DAY ONE
No deaths.

NIGHT TWO
Rai-CH (Nidoqueen) targets Superbird (Exeggutor)
Superbird (Exeggutor) switches Midnight (Arcanine) and werefish5 (Clefable)
Wargle (Nidoking) targets Karkat Vantas (Sneasel)
Seritinajii (Blissey) heals Karkat Vantas (Sneasel)
Karkat Vantas (Sneasel) kills Superbird (Exeggutor)
OrngSumb (Noctowl) investigates Seritinajii (Blissey). NOT MAFIA
Blaziking (Houndoom) attacks Midnight (Arcanine) with Flamethrower (FIRE)

Minnow (Gengar)'s target is randomly generated as Karkat Vantas (Sneasel). His attack type is randomly generated as ELECTRIC. Karkat Vantas (Sneasel) is protected by Seritinajii (Blissey)'s healing.

Superbird (Exeggutor) is dead.
werefish5 (Clefable) is dead.
Midnight (Arcanine) is "activated".

DAY TWO
Mai (Alakazam) is lynched.

NIGHT THREE
Seritinajii (Blissey) heals Midnight (Arcanine)
OrngSumb (Noctowl) investigates Minnow (Gengar). MAFIA
Wargle (Nidoking) targets Midnight (Arcanine)
Rai-CH (Nidoqueen) targets Dave Strider (Wobbuffet)
Karkat Vantas (Sneasel) kills Midnight (Arcanine)
Mawile (Ditto) channels Mai (Alakazam)
Midnight (Arcanine) investigates Blaziking (Houndoom)

The Mafia's target is randomly generated as Flower Doll (Furret) and their attacker as Polymetric Sesquialtera (Poliwrath), who uses Hydro Pump (WATER).
Minnow (Gengar)'s target is randomly generated as Dave Strider (Wobbuffet). His attack type is randomly generated as PSYCHIC.

Flower Doll (Furret) is dead.
Dave Strider (Wobbuffet) is dead.

DAY THREE
Midnight (Arcanine) uses Heat Wave on Wargle (Nidoking)

Wargle (Nidoking) is dead.
Midnight (Arcanine) is dead.
Minnow (Gengar) is lynched.

NIGHT FOUR
Rai-CH (Nidoqueen) kills Littlestream (Xatu)
OrngSumb (Noctowl) investigates Blaziking (Houndoom). MAFIA
Karkat Vantas (Sneasel) kills Blaziking (Houndoom)
Seritinajii (Blissey) heals Karkat Vantas (Sneasel)

The Mafia's target is randomly generated as Seritinajii (Blissey) and their attacker as Polymetric Sesquialtera (Poliwrath) who uses DynamicPunch (FIGHTING). Seritinajii (Blissey) dies from Polymetric Sesquialtera (Poliwrath)'s FIGHTING-type attack and his night action is cancelled.

Littlestream (Xatu) is dead.
Blaziking (Houndoom) is dead.
Seritinajii (Blissey) is dead.

DAY FOUR
No deaths.

NIGHT FIVE
OrngSumb (Noctowl) investigates Silver (Girafarig). NOT MAFIA
Karkat Vantas (Sneasel) kills no one
Mawile (Alakazam) attacks OrngSumb (Noctowl) with Charge Beam (ELECTRIC)

OrngSumb (Noctowl) is dead.

DAY FIVE
Polymetric Sesquialtera (Poliwrath) is lynched.

NIGHT SIX
Mawile (Alakazam) attacks Karkat Vantas (Sneasel) with Charge Beam (ELECTRIC)
Karkat Vantas (Sneasel) kills Silver (Girafarig)

Karkat Vantas (Sneasel) is dead.
Silver (Girafarig) is dead.

DAY SIX
Mawile (Ditto) is lynched.

Innocents win!

Last edited:

So wait, what? I was killed by a random action?! How unfortunate...

Great job, everybody! Sorry for being so ambiguous, but I really didn't want to get killed since there was only one healer left. Shouldn't've said that...

I was really thinking Littlestream was Sneasel. Guess we should be more careful about who's lying...

Yessssssss I was one of the last innocents standing /hi-fives Jack

Oh lol everyone I targeted before my revenge kill was 'activated' died that day (except midnight). Good thing I wasn't interrogated, I would've looked so suspicious!
And I was right about the Mafia having two attacks, I feel so pro being able to guess that XD /shot

But this was yet another fun game, I really enjoyed playing :)

Waitwaitwaitwait. Why didn't I die the FIRST night if I was killed then?

One of the conditions of Minnow's Substitute was that if it was destroyed during the night, his night action would be cancelled. (Also, his attack type was Water, your resistance, so you wouldn't have died anyway.)

I was extremely amused at the conditions that caused all three kills to be stopped on the first night, without any interference from the healers. :P

As for my night action on the fifth night, I figured that Silver was Mafia. Honestly, doublevoter was such a conveniently useless role...

Once it became sort of obvious he wasn't mafia, I figured Jack was the last mafioso, since Umbreon is a pretty scummy Pokemon, imo. Not to mention he lost his sub.

I'm pretty glad I chose to shut up about Midnight, though!

Back
Top Bottom