• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

If you were an admin here...

Pretty late but if there was no swearing there would be no MoThErFuCkInG gAmZeE! We don't want that to happen, right?

I would get a few more mods. One or two would be good.

If I could punch everyone who types like a Homestuck troll in the face, I so fucking would.

Why so?

Yeah, well, that emote kinda looks stupid. Also that's not particularly annoying as far as Homestuck references go. ... But most of the Homestuck references are terribad, I mean seriously.

Yeah, well, that emote kinda looks stupid. Also that's not particularly annoying as far as Homestuck references go. ... But most of the Homestuck references are terribad, I mean seriously.

This.
But then, this is coming from a very staunch not-fan of Homestuck.

On that note, I'd probably infract people for awful grammar more often. I wouldn't be particularly draconian about it, like... only if it was like truly, truly, near-unreadably awful.

I wouldn't allow staff-members to use 'invisibility mode'.
If someone needs to speak to a staff-member ASAP, they should be able to contact whoever's online, and not have to wait for someone else.
I don't know, it'd just streamline things, in my opinion. :)

If someone needs to talk to a mod asap (and why would you ...?) they can PM multiple mods at once! Amazing.

Well if you need to contact one to ask them about rules, for example.
'Does this count as [piracy, advertising, etc]?'
And sure, you could contact lots at once.
Or you can PM the one mod that's online.
And if none are online, do you just PM all of them? What if that nets you five different answers from five different mods?
It's just easier, imo, to have all mods visible, because then you know who can get back to you in short-order. :)

For that sort of thing, you should either be using your own judgement as to whether or not you should post it, or hit the report button.
report.gif
This one. Don't go bug a mod about it unless it's convenient. Even there I'd suggest not bugging a mod.

If i was an Admin on here, i'd add a category called "Holiday Stories" where you tell stories that relate to an upcoming holiday. (and not just a thread, i mean a whole category!)

I'd also allow people who are new on here to get an additional $2 on their first month on ASB (meaning $5 a week, or $20 a month, then it reverts back to $3)

If I could punch everyone who types like a Homestuck troll in the face, I so fucking would.

I would punch everyone in the face who dislikes Homestuck.

I would also be more strict on grammar, requiring everyone to use correct punctuation and CAPITALIZE THEIR I'S *Glares at DA*

There's a difference between liking Homestuck and wanting to read people type like they're a Homestuck troll.

I would punch everyone in the face who dislikes Homestuck.

I would also be more strict on grammar, requiring everyone to use correct punctuation and CAPITALIZE THEIR I'S *Glares at DA*
Oh c'mon, not everyone is going to like what you like, it's pretty immature to act hostile towards them because of it. If they're being assholes to you because you like Homestuck, then sure, report them or something, but otherwise.... wow, people have different opinions, not a big deal.

There's a difference between liking Homestuck and wanting to read people type like they're a Homestuck troll.
For what it's worth, I think it's pretty unfair to infract people for that, given that we don't infract for all the myriad other typing oddities that crop up and some people find annoying (using alternate-colored text, smileys, 1337, nocaps, or just generally having poor spelling/grammar/punctuation). If the post is otherwise not spam but contains some typing quirk, I don't see why it should be infracted, no, not even if you told some people in the past that you don't like it. (What does it matter if you like it or not?)

I mean yeah, if it's paragraphs of aLtErNaTe CaPs or s8thing, to the point where the actual meaning is obscured, okay, fine, infract that. But no one's actually been infracted for that, so I doubt it's happened. Honestly, though, I fail to see how throwing a "MoThErFuCkIn' MiRaClEs" at the end of the post is really a crime.

I think you're grossly over-exaggerating the amount of that we get, Negrek. And I would most certainly be just as likely to say something in such a case if someone else doesn't first. Homestuck, not homestuck, I don't care — it's really annoying.

I think you're grossly over-exaggerating the amount of that we get, Negrek. And I would most certainly be just as likely to say something in such a case if someone else doesn't first. Homestuck, not homestuck, I don't care — it's really annoying.
Gossly over-exaggerating the amount of what that we get?

So then say something instead of giving an infraction. What's the problem with that?

Back
Top Bottom